• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween or Christmas Party?

bellrae

DIS Veteran
So, just saw the dates for the halloween and christmas parties.

Based on my travel dates (and I am lucky that I can be flexible) I could either change to come a day earlier and do the halloween party, or stay an extra day and go to the first christmas party. Never having done the christmas party before I'm not which I should preference (I did the halloween one in 2013 and liked it - though did OD on candy!!!).

I was hoping someone who had been to both could give me their opinion.

Thanks in advance :)

Christmas Party because it gets you in the Christmas mood and its a different experience from the Halloween party

We have been to both (and had a great time at both) I think Halloween was more fun because we all wore costumes.

Definitely Halloween if you do love to dress up - especially at Disney, since adults can only do this on special events! I prefer the Halloween party. It's just incredibly FUN.

If that doesn't sway you as a priority, then try the Christmas Party since you've done the Halloween party before.

We will be there NOv 1-7. so we can also do both. I have seen a whole post trip review of hte Halloween party and it was very informative, I know what to expect from that one. Is there one for Christmas as well? WE are trying to decide between the 2. Thanks for all your help.

we've done both for the last few years and I think we've decided that the halloween party is our favorite. I think we'll likely do it every year for awhile. I don't know if we'll do the Christmas party anymore, even if we happen to be there while its going on. its fun and you might give it a try for something new.

After hundreds of trips to Disneyland and 45 years later, I am FINALLY headed to WDW in December! So excited. I’m like the kid on the commercial; I’m too excited to sleep! Bought our Christmas party ticket yesterday. Don’t care if it’s only April. Just makes it more final that it’s happening.

I've been to both and I loved both of them. Halloween is my favorite holiday ever and my mom and my friend had a field day running around at the party in costume and trick-or-treating.
BUT
If you've already done the Halloween Party then you need to do the Christmas Party (at least once!!!) both are amazingly fun.

For those who have done MVMCP were there a lot of memory maker photographers? I want to get a lot of Christmas photos with all of us in them. TIA.

Halloween! But the Christmas party is fun for the characters in their Christmas finery. We loved being able to dress up!

I've ended up with tickets to do both :cool1:

Even better, when I extended my stay, i qualified for free dining :dogdance:

Winning all around :goodvibes

I think the Halloween party is more fun, but the Christmas one is too. One thing to consider, if you ever plan on coming to WDW during the holiday season, is you can see the Christmas parade, shows, and fireworks during normal park hours. Not so with the Halloween ones.

Both are a blast! I prefer Christmas, just because I am a Christmas obsessive and I prefer the endless cookies and hot cocoa over a giant bag of candy.

Both are great! But I think the Christmas party is a little better. (Or maybe I just like the cookies pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter