halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

I know this is off topic . . .

Anyone ever been to HHN in Hollywood? I've been to Orlando 12 times, but can't make it this year due to my travel schedule.

I'll be in LA the weekend of October 10th and wanted to check out how the left coast does HHN, even though I know it'll be inferior.

Do they offer a Stay and Scream package? Do they do Express? Any tips or tricks on what order to progress through the park?

lets put the shoe on the other foot.

i'll be at the motherland before i switch to the darkside hotel.

while at the motherland, MK will close early, 7:00 for 3 nights i will be there for a party.
those that have tickets for the party get in at 4:00.
completely crowds the park then.

and dhs is losing the early entry on the 4th and closing at 6:00 due to an event.

i pay the same amount of money as every other park goer and 4 of the days will not be a full day for me.
i don't say what you do that "it stinks" and that i "pay good money for a full day"

i live with it
i know how it will be going into the situation and make the best of it.
you might want to do the same for your day at the darkside.

you have the option of switching parks at 5:00.
it's just next door and you won't have any down time for transportation.

depending on the month/night you do the dark side, some of the nights at IOA close at 8:00 rather than 7:00.
check the calendar to see the hours for the date you will be there.

....aye...dinne hae a skeppy and keep yer chebs in check...besides, mah lums dinnae reek...popcorn::

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

...I say "Let's all do the BROONY!"

I fear that the build-outs for AVP won't come close to what AWIL achieved last season for the simple fact that Jon Landis was involved. It was originally his baby... And he obviously shared a lot of info in making that house amazing.

Now, if they consulted (or, are consulting) with Ridley Scott, great. I'm sure it would make the house that much more authentic.

Sorry you're not finding the announcements to your liking. Still 2 IP's left & still 3 originals left to go. Once the final reveal is done, my guess being end of next week. They will release the tour info, trust me i'm waiting for that as well.
This will be my 11th consecutive year for HHN and I've never been so disappointed this late in the game. Unless something drastically changes, I'm doing opening night and that's it. This year has nothing I'm interested in so far. We were talking about it at work today and I'm very discouraged as are others I work with.

Maybe I'll start doing HOS instead. It's a long drive but the event seems so much better than HHN lately.

I'll start doing HOS instead. It's a long drive but the event seems so much better than HHN lately.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm considering doing both given we have at least on day at Busch this Sept. Wondering if it is worth staying and driving back to Orlando late, which doesn't sound like fun on vacation.

This will be my 11th consecutive year for HHN and I've never been so disappointed this late in the game. Unless something drastically changes, I'm doing opening night and that's it. This year has nothing I'm interested in so far. We were talking about it at work today and I'm very discouraged as are others I work with.

Maybe I'll start doing HOS instead. It's a long drive but the event seems so much better than HHN lately.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are disappointed. 3 originals are left & 1 more property that everyone should know is coming by now. Doing research for my HHN videos on my YouTube channel, i've learned how a lot of fans share your opinions with the event this year. The scare zones left are original even though there won't be as many as there usually is. I'll be there opening night myself, then the next 6 event nights because i'm liking the lineup personally. I will say a few of the rumored mazes that didn't come had me more excited but i'm captivated. There will be 3 original mazes that have nothing to do with a movie or tv show, well one may have a familiar Icon from the past in it but other than that all completely original concept houses.

I would love to be able check out HOS some day but its not easy to find a way to Tampa to do that. I've known the full lineup for quite a while now & i'm just checking them off as they are official. I would think we're heading towards a reveal week next week then the final announcement will bring the full website reveal.

Once again i'm sorry you feel that way but I hope if anything you enjoy opening night like I know I will.

This year has nothing I'm interested in so far. We were talking about it at work today and I'm very discouraged as are others I work with.

I'm agreeing with you Todd.

Hey, this year will be my third consecutive year adding HoS to my HHN trip and 7th consecutive HHN trip...
I find HoS equally as good (superior in many aspects) and quite affordable! I'll be going on Oct 2nd to HoS.... just in case...:goodvibes

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

Yeah I'm just the opposite. My daughter absolutely loved both the movie and tv series From Dusk Till Dawn, loves TWD, and we are both really looking forward to the new Dracula movie. AvP is a hit or miss, I can see how it could be done really well but I can also see it sucking out loud.

This will be our first time going to HHN so anything is great for us I am glad they still have TWD we are big fans . My husband was hoping for a Halloween house though..

I have a few questions and I hope no one minds me asking them here (because I really don't know a lot about HHN at all).

My friend and I are planning on going the night of Thursday, October 9. I have the low-tier annual pass, she will need to buy park tickets. We are staying at Hard Rock from Tuesday until Friday.

Since we only have one shot at HHN I think we'll be buying the express pass. Is the official website the best place to purchase our tickets? I'm assuming I'll just buy the one night HHN pass + express? Is there a cheaper place for me to buy this? I'm just really confused about the best ticket option.

I also have to say I'm very excited about the Face Off makeups being at HHN. That is one of my favorite shows and some of their makeups were truly scary looking.

Thanks for any help, I know getting asked all these seemingly simple questions over and over can be annoying for you guys.

:scared1: :scared1:

But you're my scare buddy :laughing:

I have a few questions and I hope no one minds me asking them here (because I really don't know a lot about HHN at all).

My friend and I are planning on going the night of Thursday, October 9. I have the low-tier annual pass, she will need to buy park tickets. We are staying at Hard Rock from Tuesday until Friday.

Since we only have one shot at HHN I think we'll be buying the express pass. Is the official website the best place to purchase our tickets? I'm assuming I'll just buy the one night HHN pass + express? Is there a cheaper place for me to buy this? I'm just really confused about the best ticket option.

I also have to say I'm very excited about the Face Off makeups being at HHN. That is one of my favorite shows and some of their makeups were truly scary looking.

Thanks for any help, I know getting asked all these seemingly simple questions over and over can be annoying for you guys.

register your annual pass online.
you can buy your HHN ticket at a cheaper price there.
you can also buy your express pass online but there are no discounts for the ep.
use the UO HHN website for that purchase.

if you don't buy your HHN ticket in advance, you can buy it at guest services on Tuesday when you are at the park.
show your ap for the discounted HHN.
also, you can wait until you are at the darkside to buy the ep.

i'll also be there that night.
with ep.....

it is best you be in the park before 4:30 and when it closes at 5:00, don't leave.
go to one of the stay and scream/holding areas and wait there for HHN to begin.
you will get a headstart on 3 of the houses.

don't use your ep at that time.
repeat those 3 houses with the ep once it gets darker.

Face Off is one of the things i am looking forward to also.
one of the Orlando contestants will be involved with that scare zone.

It is a show on SyFy, contestants compete doing high-end/movie-worthy make-up jobs. Aliens, horror, fantasy, they cover it all.

Ahh.......got it.........thanks for that......saved me googling :thumbsup2

register your annual pass online.
you can buy your HHN ticket at a cheaper price there.
you can also buy your express pass online but there are no discounts for the ep.
use the UO HHN website for that purchase.

if you don't buy your HHN ticket in advance, you can buy it at guest services on Tuesday when you are at the park.
show your ap for the discounted HHN.
also, you can wait until you are at the darkside to buy the ep.

i'll also be there that night.
with ep.....

it is best you be in the park before 4:30 and when it closes at 5:00, don't leave.
go to one of the stay and scream/holding areas and wait there for HHN to begin.
you will get a headstart on 3 of the houses.

don't use your ep at that time.
repeat those 3 houses with the ep once it gets darker.

Face Off is one of the things i am looking forward to also.
one of the Orlando contestants will be involved with that scare zone.

Thanks for the help!! Its not Laura that will be helping out, is it? I love her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter