• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hagrid’s Motorbike Ride

Steven41782

DIS Veteran
We are going to IOA this week. Is there anything special (virtual queue) I need to do so that we can ride Hagrid’s Motorbikes?

Hagrid’s sometimes uses a Virtual Line and sometimes does not. The app will be the best way to know whether they’re operating standby or Virtual Line. The app will also direct you as to how to join the Virtual Line, should they be operating that way.
Virtual Line is more common on weekends and holidays.

No, it goes virtual when the line is too long for the physical queue. And once that happens, times become available throughout the day - just have to keep checking.

Be aware that the return time you're given is automatically moved up frequently, by quite a bit at times.

Also, we were there last weekend and often the wait was 110-120 minutes and no virtual queue the entire weekend which I was surprised about. So not sure if they’re phasing out virtual queue…

looking forward to riding that in the spring. Wasn't open for our last trip.

We were there Weds/Thurs (Thanksgiving) and there was no virtual queue. Standby line snaked all the way out of Hogsmeade toward Mythos.

We were there all this past week. The only day it was a virtual queue was on Tuesday. I thought it was strange because as mentioned above Wednesday and Thursday the line was crazy long and well outside of Hogsmeade. However, the day it was virtual we were able to ride 3 times with minimal wait. I think the longest we waited was 20 minutes. Make sure each person with a phone in your travel party signs up for their own account so you can all try for a return time. I was worried we weren’t going to get one. My 13 year old checked every now and then and found our reservations for us. Also, the time does move up frequently, but you can request for it to be later. We kept doing this to one of ours so that we could ride at nighttime. I really like the virtual queue. It definitely cuts down on time in line and you can (kind of) plan it around your day by pushing the time back.

I tried both days last week like a mad mad. Even got in line at 7 am. Still didn't make it on. Maybe next trip in 5 years or so.

I used it as recently as 3 or 4 weeks ago. I will go check one day this week. I know they don’t always operate it.

That would have been great. I would have ridden it then without issue. Imagine they didn't have it last week due to Thanksgiving week. I did use Single rider for Veloci and Forbidden Journey. Loved it.

That would have been great. I would have ridden it then without issue. Imagine they didn't have it last week due to Thanksgiving week. I did use Single rider for Veloci and Forbidden Journey. Loved it.
I read somewhere that the Velocicoaster single rider wasn't that beneficial, would that match with your experience?

The only times recently that I’ve seen Single Rider for Hagrid’s not operating is when they are using Virtual Line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter