• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guilty of Being Innocent of Eating Too Little! ~ July 2011 Dining Review *Next Trip!

PrincessBetsy

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
Guilty of Being Innocent of Eating Too Little!

Welcome to my first Dining Review! In order to ease my suffering from Disney Depression, I decided to write this review and bring all of you along for the ride. I believe I have around 200 pictures of food to share with all of you, and quite a few calories to boot!

I'm sure many of you are wondering where in the world I came up with the title for this dining review. Well, if you have seen Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides, then you may recall Captain Jack saying this to Gibbs, “You are guilty of being innocent of being Jack Sparrow.” That was one of my favorite parts in the movie and my favorite song on the soundtrack, so I decided to twist it up a bit for the name of this dining review.

And speaking of Pirates of the Caribbean, I will now divulge the rating scale based on my favorite movie series.

Rating Scale

Captain Jack Sparrow
The dear Captain is intelligent, cunning, and witty, making him quite a clever pirate. Oh, and did I happen to mention how attractive he is? :lovestruc
jack.jpg

This is one of the best meals you have ever had in your entire life! You often spend time dreaming of this food and try to recreate it at home. This is definitely a must do on your next trip!

Hector Barbossa
An excellent pirate and swordsman, Barbossa is definitely someone to watch out for.
barbossa.jpg

This is a good, solid meal. It is pretty gosh darn tasty, and something you would love to eat again.

Joshamee Gibbs
As Captain Jack’s first mate, he is one of his greatest friends and always there to help when needed.
gibbs.gif

This meal is just okay and is not very memorable. It’s something you wouldn’t go out of your way for to eat again.

Blackbeard
The one pirate that all pirates fear. Blackbeard is downright evil, greedy, and ruthless.
blackbeard.jpg

This is a terrible meal and one you would never want to eat again. You want to run away from your food as fast as humanly possible and never come back!

Now, that we have the rating scale all settled, let’s move onto the who, when, where and why.

The Crew

DMom ::MinnieMo - Her favorite park is the Magic Kingdom and her favorite attraction is Peter Pan’s Flight.
DDad ::MickeyMo - His favorite park is the Magic Kingdom and his favorite attractions are Soarin and The Magic Carpets of Aladdin.
My Brother (Andrew, 18) pooh: - His favorite park is the Magic Kingdom and his favorite attractions are Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, and Star Tours.
And me, Betsy (20 at the time of the trip, now 21) princess: - My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom and my favorite attractions are Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain. If you haven’t been able to tell yet, I’m a touch bit in love with Captain Jack Sparrow and anything piratical. pirate:

Trip Details

When: July 14th – 23rd
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Why: To celebrate my brother’s graduation from high school! Although this trip happened over a month from his actual graduation ceremony, these were the first dates we could all fit into our schedules.

Background​

My entire family is obsessed with Walt Disney World! This was our 24th trip and we had a magnificent time! Our first trip to WDW was in 1994, when my brother was not yet a year old and I was only three. Let’s just say that we have been hooked ever since.

My family loves to eat, but we are not really foodies. We enjoy a burger and fries almost as much as dining at a fancy restaurant. I am a more adventurous eater than anyone in my family and I also love to cook and bake, which comes in handy when trying to recreate recipes from WDW at home. As a side note, my mother has a stomach condition and has to be careful about what she eats. Sometimes she orders kids meals since the portion sizes are smaller and the food is pretty mild.

We have never gotten the dining plan, as it really doesn’t fit into our touring style. We don’t really plan which park we are going to until the day before and only schedule a few table service restaurants each trip. We also don’t like to get too full on food because we often go commando style (lots of walking and little sleep!), so we tend to share bigger meals and get a snack later on. Thus, we often save quite a bit more money without the dining plan. I will also post some tips on how to save money, while not skimping on the food!

It's time to hop aboard and weigh anchor, as we set sail to the happiest place on earth! :sail:

Arrrgh Itinerary
(Sorry, couldn’t resist mates)

Wednesday, July 13th
Breakfast: Bob Evans
Lunch: Boxed lunch on the road
Dinner: Dominos Pizza

Thursday, July 14th (Arrival Day! :woohoo:)
Breakfast: La Quinta
Lunch: Columbia Harbour House
Dinner: Riverside Mill Food Court

Friday, July 15th
Breakfast: Riverside Mill Food Court
Surprise Appearance by Captain Jack Sparrow
Lunch: Pecos Bill
Dinner: Captain Cook’s
Dessert: Riverside Mill Food Court

Saturday, July 16th
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Dinner: Tangierine Cafe/Riverside Mill Food Court

Sunday, July 17th
Snacks: Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery/Yak and Yeti Counter Service/ Ice Cream Cart
Lunch: Pizzafari
Dinner: Pecos Bill/Columbia Harbour House
Dessert: Plaza Ice Cream Parlor/Main Street Bakery

Monday, July 18th
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: Beaches and Cream
Snack: Riverside Mill Food Court

Tuesday, July 19th
Breakfast: Sunshine Seasons
Lunch: Riverside Mill Food Court
Dinner: Main Street Bakery/Casey’s Corner

Wednesday, July 20th
Snacks: Writer’s Stop/Starring Rolls Cafe
Lunch: Pizza Planet
Dinner: Riverside Mill Food Court
Dessert: Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop

Thursday, July 21st
Breakfast: Riverside Mill Food Court/Main Street Bakery
Lunch: Plaza Restaurant
Dinner: Pinocchio Village Haus

Friday, July 22nd
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table
Lunch/Dinner: Columbia Harbour House
Dessert: Riverside Mill Food Court

Saturday, July 23rd (Departure Day… :sad2:)
Lunch: Snacks from WDW
Dinner: Bob Evans

Summary

Looking forward to reading your reviews!!

I have a soft spot in my heart for Captain Jack as well but I'm more from the "21 Jump Street" era. ;)

Hooray for what sounds to be very interesting dining reviews!!!!! Welcome home!!!!!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the rating system...lets hope all the meals are Jacks!

I'm here! Hoping all your meals were Sparrow-style and can't wait to find out more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter