"Guests with young children may take turns experiencing attractions."??

MommytoaSweetie

DIS Veteran
Sorry for the dumb question, but I've seen this notice on some ride descriptions on DisneyWorld's website...

"Guests with young children may take turns experiencing attractions. See a Cast Member for additional information. " (like on Buzz Lightyear... http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...d=BuzzLightyearsSpaceRangerSpinAttractionPage )

I just want to double check that this notice means that guests CAN use a babypass if they want, but don't have to, right? So our toddler (22 months) can ride with us as long as she wants, but if she was fearful or something, we could do the babyswap thing? It's only rides with a height restriction that we need to be aware she canNOT right, is that correct?

Thanks!

You are correct!

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've seen this notice on some ride descriptions on DisneyWorld's website...

"Guests with young children may take turns experiencing attractions. See a Cast Member for additional information. " (like on Buzz Lightyear... http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...d=BuzzLightyearsSpaceRangerSpinAttractionPage )

I just want to double check that this notice means that guests CAN use a babypass if they want, but don't have to, right? So our toddler (22 months) can ride with us as long as she wants, but if she was fearful or something, we could do the babyswap thing? It's only rides with a height restriction that we need to be aware she canNOT right, is that correct?

Thanks!

You are correct, but I found that on my trip last week that a good percentage of the time the castmembers at the rides did not know what the rider switch or baby swap was so it made it kind of hard to do sometimes.

Thanks for the quick answers! I know I was overanalyzing the notice. :) That's weird the cast members didn't know about the baby swap thing, since it's on their site. I hope they get more educated on the subjet. ;)

Thanks for the quick answers! I know I was overanalyzing the notice. :) That's weird the cast members didn't know about the baby swap thing, since it's on their site. I hope they get more educated on the subjet. ;)

I actually had to explain it to 2 of the CMs since they looked at me like i had 10 heads.Finally the one time a Cm passing by overheard and told the other Cm I was correct. On one occasion, the Cm told me I couldn't do it( this was on Big Thunder).

that's so weird! Especially on bigger rides like Big Thunder that little kids can't even do (I'd understand more on smaller rides kids might not WANT to do), but they should get their act together to do what they say they do. :)

That's bizarre! On our trip in 2007 every CM we approached simply handed us a baby swap.

You will be able to do the rides that they can ride and do the baby swap for the rides that they cant. Just be prepared the baby swap is not as fast as Disney's website makes it out to be. We did it for soaring and MIL and BIL waited with my DD for over 40 minutes for us to get out of the ride(we had fast passes), then DH, MIL, and BIL rode the ride. I took my girls on the land ride and still sat and waited for them for a long while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter