• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

guest room location for Embassy Su.LBV?

Magalex

DIS Veteran
Just curious. The Embassy Suites LBV receives solid reviews. I was wondering for the guests that have stayed there, which are the best rooms, atrium or pool-side? How many floors are in the interior atrium?

Stayed there last night and loved it. We had the third floor atrium view. I think there were six or seven floors. It was a bit noisy in the living area but quiet in the bedroom. The pool view rooms weren't too far from everything else not sure how noisy it gets with people in the pool. I wish we were there now. At Doubletree Castle and its not nearly as good as Embassy. Breakfast was great too!

I have such mixed feelings about this hotel. We stayed there 11 nights in December and in general were thrilled with the stay. The breakfast was an incredible bonus with something for everyone and not just bagels and doughnuts. The pool was good, not great but good enough for my kids. The location was outstanding and the room size was awesome, even if our room had maybe seen better days. We were there for the parks anyway so that really didnt matter. What did matter and what ruined our vacation was the high school football team that checked in the day before we left. We endured only one night, thank goodness, but because of the atrium concept you could hear everything as it echos. The team was all over the hotel, running up and down, spitting from the balconies, trying to get lucky with a few horrified younger female tourists, swearing, drinking and general high testoterone behaviour. I called down to complain at 11, 12, 1 and then finally gave up, put a towel under the front door and the bedroom door, thanksed god we were leaving the next day and was grateful for the other 10 nights of bliss this hotel had provided. So I would caution you to make sure there are no teams slated to be there when you are. If you have already booked and there are teams there, TAKE AN OUTSIDE ROOM! If we had been out by the pool, we may have heard the running and door slamming but at least you would not be able to hear all the echoed hooting and hollering in the atrium. BTW, if any of you are coaches or team parents, please read this again and think twice about what happens while the kids are out in public. I am sure this was a particularily unrully group we encountered on their first night out of the barn but it was disgracefull!

Yikes! That sounds the time For POP Warner football teams to be in Orlando. No we did make any reservations yet. Maybe in NOV. 2010 or May 2011. Thanks for both reviews. I like the idea of the suites, free breakfast & location.

We always stay at this Embassy Suites and have had an excellent time. We love the two rooms. Our girls sleep out on the pullout in the living room area plus they have their own tv. Also I love the fact the rooms have three sinks and a vanity in the bedroom to get ready instead of in the bathroom. Also we really enjoy the breakfast with Ed the chef. He sure is a character. The free drinks and appertizers from 5-7 are also wonderful. We also really enjoy the dive in movies at night too. Good way to unwind after busy days.
Another bonus was the shuttle from the hotel. It is cheaper than parking. Just make sure you are at the stop on time or they will not wait for you. Hope you have an excellent time!!!:yay:

We always stay at this Embassy Suites and have had an excellent time. We love the two rooms. Our girls sleep out on the pullout in the living room area plus they have their own tv. Also I love the fact the rooms have three sinks and a vanity in the bedroom to get ready instead of in the bathroom. Also we really enjoy the breakfast with Ed the chef. He sure is a character. The free drinks and appertizers from 5-7 are also wonderful. We also really enjoy the dive in movies at night too. Good way to unwind after busy days.
Another bonus was the shuttle from the hotel. It is cheaper than parking. Just make sure you are at the stop on time or they will not wait for you. Hope you have an excellent time!!!:yay:

What is the shuttle like? Do you have to sign up/sign in the day before? Where do they drop you off? Could you give example of departure times from the hotel and pick-up times at the parks? What time of the year/season do you visit Orlando?

Thank You!

What is the shuttle like? Do you have to sign up/sign in the day before? Where do they drop you off? Could you give example of departure times from the hotel and pick-up times at the parks? What time of the year/season do you visit Orlando?

Thank You!

We stayed in Sept. 2009 for 9 days and in March 2010 for 12 days at Embassy Suites. We also are going back in September for another 9 days. The shuttle runs to all parks in the morning. I don't remember exactly the times but it starts early. If I remember right it goes to Magic Kingdom the first run at around 8:00 than comes back picks up for Animal Kingdom than goes back to the hotel picks up Hollywood Studios and once more for Epcot. It drops you off in the bus parking lot and picks you up at the same place in the evening. You do not need to sign up but you need to be 10 minutes early to the bus stop or they will leave without you. It did stop first at the Sherton down the road but that was the only stop. If you call the hotel they can give you a schedule over the phone. Also they have another shuttle to the outlet mall as well. We unfortunately found out about that towards the end of our vacation!!!
Hopefully this helps you with your planning!!! Let me know if you have any more questions. :goodvibes

Just curious. The Embassy Suites LBV receives solid reviews. I was wondering for the guests that have stayed there, which are the best rooms, atrium or pool-side? How many floors are in the interior atrium?

First off, :wave2: Hi neighbor (Pittsburgh here also).

We stayed at Embassy Suites LBV in 2003 for our honeymoon and returned in 2004 and 2005 for anniversary and took my son with us for those return trips. We always stayed in room 157, which is out by the pool and right next to one of the gates to get into the pool area. It was an ideal room.

In general, we had no problem with sound, except for our stay in 2005 when we had a situation similar to the above poster, where a very large group of very boisterous and rowdy teenagers arrived by bus and basically overtook the place. We couldn't swim or use the hot tub for the remainder of our stay during the evenings because it was just wild and there was no room to move in either due to the amount of teens in them. They were all having a blast, which is fine, but it was pretty intimidating to my younger son and put a bit of a damper on our stay.

The breakfast buffet was awesome, we filled up good every day before heading out and didn't eat again until dinner. They also have a nightly happy hour with snacks. I did like the place. We have since been staying at a different resort that we just like better because there are more choices in pools, etc.

Oh and yes Ed, the Chef was quite funny. He makes up names for people and stories about adventures he never had with you. He's quite the entertainer.

It was also nice having that small section of indoor pool if you wanted to get out of the sun or if it was raining. I understand they now have a dive in movie every night?

Hope you enjoy your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter