Guest bedroom bed

What kind of bed is in your guest bedroom?

• Sleeper sofa/futon/daybed/murphy

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • 2 twins or bunk bed set

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Full size bed

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Queen size bed

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • King size bed

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Nothing, use air mattress

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • 1 twin bed

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
When/if my youngest moves out her room will be the guest room. I will put my current queen bed in there and get a new one for me (hopefully without memory foam).

My son just moved out and this weekend I am going to get to work on making his room into a guest room/overflow closet space. We will be sticking with a full size bed since that’s the size in there already but will be replacing the mattress.

Our guest room is our son’s old room. I remodeled it after he moved out a few years ago, and now has a queen size bed (previously had twin). DS sleeps there when he comes to visit, and other family members occasionally as well.

We downsized to a townhome a few years ago while younger DS was away at college. One of the bedrooms came with a really nice queen-size murphy bed. DS used it during breaks, then for a year after graduation before he moved to NYC. It also has a pull-down desk so the room becomes a den when DS is away.

Well, with just the two of us home now, and 4 bedrooms, we really have 3+ guest bedrooms.
What we consider the guest bedroom had a queen size hide a bed.
What used to be our son's room has a double bed.
What used to be our daughter's room has a single hide a bed, purchased in anticipation of our Granddaughter staying overnight, but she and her parents have since moved 400 miles away.
And we have a queen size hide a bed in the Living room.

We are anxiously awaiting the completion of our new house. Since money doesn’t grow on trees, I only bought a new couch and love seat. The rest of the current furniture will have to do. So the master will have our queen for now. Our son’s room will have a full, but he doesn’t always live with us so this could double as a guest room. The third bedroom will have a twin plus a recliner because my husband swears that’s where he will watch tv. Sitting in his old recliner that he loves.
Oh, exciting! When is it supposed to be finished?

My plan when one of the kids fly the coop is to put a Murphy bed that doubles as a desk so the room is more open and the bed only visible when needed.

We have stopped asking. They delivered bricks today and insulation material. Hopefully mid summer? IDK
Ooh, sorry. I am sure it feels like an eternity. My neighbor downsized, and was having her home built. She was supposed to move in November/December time frame. She moved a few weeks ago. :sad2:

The main objective, getting it done right. Hang in there.

Ooh, sorry. I am sure it feels like an eternity. My neighbor downsized, and was having her home built. She was supposed to move in November/December time frame. She moved a few weeks ago. :sad2:

The main objective, getting it done right. Hang in there.
Yes my husband is watching everything like a detective. They seem to be doing a good job. It’s on our property. Would be faster if it was in a development. But even then, I have several friends who have waited longer than usual.

Since all but one of our kids has moved out and our house has 6 bedrooms, we currently have 3 guest rooms. One of them has a queen bed, one has a double/full, and one has a twin. The guest room with the twin also serves as my puzzle room but my puzzles are always on a puzzle board so when we have a guest in that room, I just put the board in it's case and slide it under the bed. The table I work on gets folded up and put in the walkout attic that is adjacent to that room. Our DD who is still at home uses one of the spare rooms as her technology room -- all her video game systems and her full computer set-up are in that room. There is a couch in there that could also be used for a guest if needed but I don't consider it a guest room....yet.

We got a queen when we moved into our house, so the guest room is our old full size. I would like a queen for guests, but our house has small rooms so a queen would be tight.

Yes my husband is watching everything like a detective. They seem to be doing a good job. It’s on our property. Would be faster if it was in a development. But even then, I have several friends who have waited longer than usual.
Ours we moved into last July is a new build in a community. It was a spec home (inventory home) meaning it was being built by builder and they chose all the finishes and selections. They started it around Dec 2021 and we signed papers around Feb 2022. It had the foundation in when we signed. They told us April to June timeframe and it ended up being July. It's a single story 3 BR like 2100 sf home. Not anything wildly big and fancy. We have owned 2 other new builds (1 other spec and 1 we selected lot and model and finishes) and they took like 3.5 months and were larger 2 story houses. Also, they (this builder) didn't do things right even with double time. There have been a lot more issues with this house than the other 2.

Ours we moved into last July is a new build in a community. It was a spec home (inventory home) meaning it was being built by builder and they chose all the finishes and selections. They started it around Dec 2021 and we signed papers around Feb 2022. It had the foundation in when we signed. They told us April to June timeframe and it ended up being July. It's a single story 3 BR like 2100 sf home. Not anything wildly big and fancy. We have owned 2 other new builds (1 other spec and 1 we selected lot and model and finishes) and they took like 3.5 months and were larger 2 story houses. Also, they (this builder) didn't do things right even with double time. There have been a lot more issues with this house than the other 2.
Ours is also 3 beds/ 2100 sq ft. Nothing fancy. It took time to get the plans drawn correctly. We had to have corrections several times. Then we finally had it turned over to construction. That was last February. They finally started digging last July. After the foundation walls, nothing happened for over 3 months. Very frustrating. Finally they got back to it and it’s been moving along. The superintendent said February or March but obviously that didn’t happen. The company states that they will not give a completion date.

Twin bed - it’s my DDs old bed.
Anything bigger would hog up the room - the room is pretty small.

I have a fold out couch in my guest bedroom, but most guests stay in my DD23's room which has a queen sized bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter