• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gtg? Food and wine during marathon?

Tatsumaki

Earning My Ears
I want to do the food and wine festival but also want to do the marathon. Is this a bad idea to go to epcot the same time as the marathon? I would assume there would be a lot more people then normal because of the marathon.

I was there for Food and Wine and the Marathon weekend back in 2014 and I didn't feel the crowds to be too bad.

I'm actually thinking of doing the run in November 2017 so that's what I'm planning. I'm hoping to go for Food and Wine, MNSSHP, MVMCP and the Marathon weekend. Long trip but so worth it.

I think you will be fine , I have been at the time year and crowds were not that bad.

I too have enjoyed the Food & Wine festival while participating in the Marathon. I didn't feel the crowds where too large than normal but with changes coming to the marathon this year (it's a day race instead of an evening race) it's possible it might be crowded. I would suggest that you plan your Food & Wine visit the day before the actual marathon race because most racers will be getting their rest and not out late enjoying the festival.

We did F&W run weekend in 2013 and I thought the crowds were fine except Sunday. The weekend (I think) timed to be the last weekend of F&W festival, so I was expecting large crowds. The Sunday after the race we went to Epcot and it was a nightmare. We decided if we ever went back during this weekend again, that Sunday after race day would be a "Pool Day" and we'd do F&W every OTHER day we were there :) Also, I was there Monday after the race by myself, and had an excellent time hitting up booths that were still open with much lower crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter