Grumpy, his wife and their son Goofy dine at the World -- Updated 220 & 232(Pg 15&16)

Looking forward to all the reviews and pics Kathy! Know you guys had fun with Andy and with Todd and Nicki, I can't believe today is the last day of your trip!

I guess I am not the only one whose Disney trips fly by way too fast!;)

How did I miss that you were doing this too? I need to get with it!

cant wait to read all about your yummy dinning. :goodvibes

Joining in on the fun!

Thanks for joining in, Lisa.

Looking forward to all the reviews and pics Kathy! Know you guys had fun with Andy and with Todd and Nicki, I can't believe today is the last day of your trip!

I guess I am not the only one whose Disney trips fly by way too fast!;)

It goes way too fast; we had some great meals and some so-so meals.

I'm in here too!

Thanks for coming over. :)

How did I miss that you were doing this too? I need to get with it!

cant wait to read all about your yummy dinning. :goodvibes

You've had your hands full and have a good excuse. You are here now...that's what is nice. :)

where's the review already? :surfweb: I'm hungry!!
:banana:

Hi, Sandy. We are still in Florida; we left Disney the 29th, but are in Marco Island until we fly home tomorrow. Hope to start this puppy rolling on Thursday.

I'm here, too! Enjoy your final moments at Marco Island with your friends! :goodvibes

You are not allowed to start dining reviews while I am on vacation! :rotfl2: See what happens ........ I only get around to them when they are already on page 4! :sad2:

HA! I just found your DR but see that I have not missed a thing.

I LOL at all the picture taking foodies out there --- I'm working on it with DH _ he has progressed to taking pics of the menu. and learned that apparently David Henrie (from Wizards of Waverly Place) MUST be a DISer because he has an incredible amount of food pics that I found by mistake yesterday. :lmao:

Happy trails Kathy!

Kathy, can't wait to read the reviews and see what made the great and not so great categories!

I bet you are homesick for Florida and Nicki.:hug:

Kathy, can't wait to read the reviews and see what made the great and not so great categories!

Enough about Kathy and Real life- - come on, I'm hungry

and ....

wait.

What?

Its NOT about me?

go figure!

:rotfl:

I'll be patient... maybe... well, only if I HAVE to!!
:rolleyes1

Just checking back in, been looking forward to this review! Enjoy Marco Island!!!

Welcome; Marco Island was heavenly.

I'm here, too! Enjoy your final moments at Marco Island with your friends! :goodvibes

Thanks, Amy. We had a great time at Marco...but it was very hard saying goodbye to Nicki and Todd.

Can't wait to read all about your tasty
travels! popcorn::

First review coming up soon.

You are not allowed to start dining reviews while I am on vacation! :rotfl2: See what happens ........ I only get around to them when they are already on page 4! :sad2:

I hadn't started the reviews yet, so you are okay.

HA! I just found your DR but see that I have not missed a thing.

I LOL at all the picture taking foodies out there --- I'm working on it with DH _ he has progressed to taking pics of the menu. and learned that apparently David Henrie (from Wizards of Waverly Place) MUST be a DISer because he has an incredible amount of food pics that I found by mistake yesterday. :lmao:

Happy trails Kathy!

After the last couple of years doing these dining reviews, my hubby still forgets sometimes and starts to eat. :scared1:

Hi, Amy, glad to have you here. I am very homesick for Nicki. :sad1:

Enough about Kathy and Real life- - come on, I'm hungry

and ....

wait.

What?

Its NOT about me?

go figure!

:rotfl:

I'll be patient... maybe... well, only if I HAVE to!!
:rolleyes1

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I am so sorry...don't know what I was thinking. First review coming up after these responses.

Joining in! I adore Nicki's reviews too! :goodvibes

Bring on the food!:banana:

I am NO where near as good as Nicki with my dining reviews, but I'll give you our honest opinions.

So let's get a move on with these reviews, shall we?

Here is a list of where I originally posted we would be eating. I have put in red next to it if we ate there, somewhere else or cancelled.

Friday, September 23 --

Lunch -- Mara (AKL) We had a big breakfast, so we skipped lunch
Dinner -- Raglan Road (this is first time for us)

Saturday, September 24 --

Breakfast -- Boma
Dinner -- Earl of Sandwich (this is first time for us)

Sunday, September 25 --

Breakfast -- Crystal Palace (there will be of eight of us dining here)
Lunch -- ???? Possibly Olivia's at Old Key West Didn't eat lunch as we were stuffed from breakfast
Dinner -- ???? Possibly Olivia's at Old Key West or Cosmic Rays Cosmic Ray's won

Monday, September 26 --

Lunch -- Flame Tree Barbecue
Dinner -- Somehwere at Epcot -- possibly for fish & chips at the counter
service or brats in Germany Mark and a friend's husband (Jeff)ate in Germany and I ate in Morocco at the counter service with Mary (MaryAZ here on the DIS)

Tuesday, September 27 --

Breakfast -- Sunshine Seasons
Dinner -- Captain's Grille (there will be 9 of us dining here) We changed this to Olivia's for an earlier time slot

Wednesday, September 28 --

Lunch -- 50's Prime Time Cancelled
Dinner -- Rose & Crown Changed this to LeCellier before we left...I was able to get a dinner reservation about two weeks before the trip

Thursday, September 29 --

Breakfast -- Kona (first time for us)
Lunch -- Plaza (traditional last meal before we leave DW)

Friday, September 23 -- dinner at Raglan Road (please note that for some reason all the dates on the pictures are a day later than when we were there...not sure what happened with that)

ArrivalDayandDay1161.jpg

ArrivalDayandDay1154.jpg

ArrivalDayandDay1155.jpg

I had read mostly good reviews about this place and one really bad review. But Mark really wanted to try it and he is so sweet and usually lets me pick the majority of the places that I wanted him to have this one.

Mark started off with the Kilkeny Red beer (sorry that the pictures are dark...I was using my son's camera on this trip and wasn't quite used to it and adjusted as the trip went on):

ArrivalDayandDay1147.jpg

He really enjoyed it. However, since we had not eaten since breakfast around 8:30 a.m., the beer went to his head very quickly; Mark is not a big drinker and it was kind of cute how silly he got. If he had a second one, it would have been difficult getting him to the car. :laughing:

ArrivalDayandDay1148.jpg

We had an appetizer of the Calamari City (description can be found on allears menu). This was okay...nothing outstanding, but not bad. I have decided that the only place to order Calamari is a good seafood restaurant, Emeril's or a good Italian restaurant in our experiences:

ArrivalDayandDay1151.jpg

Mark ordered the Paddy's Pork which was pork lon stuffed with sausage and drizzled with cabbage, mashed potatos, etc.:

ArrivalDayandDay1152.jpg

Mark thoroughly enjoyed this meal and stated that Raglan Road was a keeper. He said the pork was cooked just the way it should be and the flavor with the sausage, cabbage, etc. was perfect.

I went with the Fish and Chips. The fish is beer battered and served with fries. I've had really good fish and chips and really bad fish and chips. I would put this on the good side, but not the best I've ever had.

ArrivalDayandDay1153.jpg

I was too full for dessert. I had been reading reviews to Mark about how good the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding was so he had to try it. It did NOT disappoint. My husband is a lover of almost any dessert; the only one he truly hated at Disney was the School Bread in Norway and the Grapefruit Cake at Brown Derby.

ArrivalDayandDay1156.jpg

ArrivalDayandDay1158.jpg

Mark enjoying his dessert:

ArrivalDayandDay1159.jpg

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give Raglan Road a 7 and we will definitely be back.

After dinner, we strolled some of the shops. We were supposed to meet some friends from the DIS--Ohiodisneylover (Sophia and Joe) at Fulton's bar for a drink. The place was packed so we headed back over to Raglan Road and had drinks at the outside bar.

I think Joe and Mark had a beer, while Sophia and I had the Brandy Alexander type milkshake. Let me just say :worship::worship:

ArrivalDayandDay1164.jpg

ArrivalDayandDay1165.jpg

Up next...our third breakfast at Boma in as many years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter