• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery delivery to Port Orleans?

Newyorkfamily

Earning My Ears
Hello, everyone -- We are staying at Port Orleans in April 2015. We purchased the Basic Dining Plan and would love to keep some quick breakfasts in the room (squeeze yogurts, bagels, granola bars, etc) so we can get out the door quickly each day. I've heard inconsistent answers about whether you can have groceries delivered to a Disney hotel property from a local store or delivery service. Has anyone done this and if so, which store/company would you recommend? Thank you!!!!

Gardengrocer.com. Using them for my stay in October. They get great reviews from all the guidebooks and several websites. I used a different delivery service in 2011 and had great result. Well worth it to get snacks for the family

Thank you for the suggestion!!! Do you happen to know if you need to be present to accept the delivery or if the hotel will hold it for you if you are out? Appreciate the advice!

Newyorkfamily said:
Thank you for the suggestion!!! Do you happen to know if you need to be present to accept the delivery or if the hotel will hold it for you if you are out? Appreciate the advice!

You do not have to be present. They will drop it off to bell services, and when you arrive you just let them know that you have an order to pick up, and they get it for you.

The one time we had the basic dining plan, we found it was quite a lot of food! I had also used garden grocer for a delivery of a few snacks, bottled water, and beer & wine for the room. It was a bit of overkill!

You could pack snacks in your luggage, like granola bars, pop tarts, cereals, etc... and then get extra drinks at the resort shop or yogurts too (I think some would be snack credits) as an alternative. You can also bring back extra dessert items for breakfasts.

I do like using garden grocer for a villa stay a lot - last trip we spent $200 so free delivery, and we used most of it up making sandwiches and big breakfasts, frozen pizzas, chicken nuggets, etc. for times when we just wanted to relax in the villa.

You do not have to be present. They will drop it off to bell services, and when you arrive you just let them know that you have an order to pick up, and they get it for you.

This. I use Garden Grocer even when we have the DP. We like to do most breakfasts in the room....saves time and money. Having bottled water is a must. We also typically get diapers and snacks for the kids too. It is easier than flying with all that stuff.

Wow! You are all so helpful and knowledgeable! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to give such thoughtful answers. Any other insider tips or words of wisdom would be most appreciated! We arrive on a Monday and leave on a Saturday (during spring break!). Our daughter will be 8 and our son is celebrating his 5th birthday while we're there! We're staying at Port Orleans and got the basic Dining Plan. Thank you all so much for your guidance!!!! :rotfl:

We used garden grocer for our first trip and plan on using them again next year. We had the DP but used most of our credits for lunch and diner. My kids like to eat breakfast as soon as they get up and DH isn't a breakfast person. I ordered basic stuff...yogurt, orange juice, cereal, milk, powered donuts, etc. I just packed paper bowls and spoons in our luggage. I think I only spent like $60-$70 and that included the delivery fee. We were not there when it was delivered. They just held it at the front desk for us.

So glad I found this thread!!! We are same place in March, 2015 and I had similar question. We actually have Deluxe dining (gift from the grandparents!), so I am not so concerned about the food as I am about the drinks....I want to order Mt. Dew, water, wine and possibly some snacks for hanging out at the pool and the plane ride back.
I do have a question though.....maybe someone can answer....will they leave alcohol at the bell desk or do you have to be there for delivery?
Thanks!

So glad I found this thread!!! We are same place in March, 2015 and I had similar question. We actually have Deluxe dining (gift from the grandparents!), so I am not so concerned about the food as I am about the drinks....I want to order Mt. Dew, water, wine and possibly some snacks for hanging out at the pool and the plane ride back.
I do have a question though.....maybe someone can answer....will they leave alcohol at the bell desk or do you have to be there for delivery?
Thanks!

They left alcohol for us (beer & wine).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter