Gringotts down..... Again

Sounds to this non-technical not-in-the-know person that when working on it overnight, they got into something that took more time than expected.

We were at the gates at 7:00 this morning for our one early morning. Looks like the wait will be long for the rest of the day now. It may not be worth it try tonight so we may try tomorrow night. We leave on Wednesday, so I'm not sure what we will do. If it is down again tomorrow night, we'd have to be at the park by 7 on checkout day and pray it isn't down again.

I doubt I can get everyone to the park early again tomorrow after this morning's fiasco. The only ride they had up besides hog warts express was despicable me. They tried getting transformers up but I'm not sure if they did before 9. We did despicable me right at open and transformers was not up yet and hey would only commit to 9 AM, usual time, so we skipped that as well.

A couple in the next line said it happens to them the day before. Does anyone know if it was down Sunday morning for early entry as well?

Thanks

I really hope this improves by January, I cant go thru this again ..We went thru this nonsense LAST summer when Transformers opened and the studios had early entry..The only things open were Transformers and Despicable ME...Every single morning we tried to ride( and we were there for 4 days), Transformers was down with only Despicable Me left ...The one morning they managed to get Mummy and Shrek opened..The rest of the time it was only Despicable Me which had a line longer than later in the day...NOT A PERK

Sounds to this non-technical not-in-the-know person that when working on it overnight, they got into something that took more time than expected.

That's what I figured too. They've been trying to fix things overnight and they are taking longer than expected. I think that is often the case when the ride doesn't open first thing in the morning.

I would love to hear if it's working this morning! I'm hiring a baby sitter Saturday morning specifically to ride this ride, and will be upset if it is down!! :scared1:

I'm here right now and in line for Gringotts. We got early entry at 8 which was really lucky since we are NOT staying onsite. Idk if being passholders helped or what but I've made it through the two check points to get into DA. The line was all the way back by the Disaster ride. From that point we got into DA in about 15-20 mins. The line continued to snake around DA just to get into Gingotts. Once inside the ride there is a posted 100 min wait. We have been in the actual ride line for about 30 mins. At this point we are committed. Keep ur fingers crossed for us that the ride doesn't break down. I'll keep posting updates.

We arrived at the park at 7:45 and most people had already entered. Line at turnstile was short. As someone else said line for Gringottsvstretched back to Disaster. We got off the ride at 9:45.

I don't do Twitter (or instagram) LOL!

You don't have to "do" it to search it. It can actually be a very useful tool. I don't have an account but I search it quite often to find current information. If you just click on the link I provided, it will give you the latest reports that have the word Gringotts in them.

I'm here right now and in line for Gringotts. We got early entry at 8 which was really lucky since we are NOT staying onsite. Idk if being passholders helped or what but I've made it through the two check points to get into DA. The line was all the way back by the Disaster ride. From that point we got into DA in about 15-20 mins. The line continued to snake around DA just to get into Gingotts. Once inside the ride there is a posted 100 min wait. We have been in the actual ride line for about 30 mins. At this point we are committed. Keep ur fingers crossed for us that the ride doesn't break down. I'll keep posting updates.

Hope you love the ride!!! We leave to go down again too in less than 3 weeks :) We were just a couple of weeks off of being on the same plane again :rotfl:

Hope you love the ride!!! We leave to go down again too in less than 3 weeks :) We were just a couple of weeks off of being on the same plane again :rotfl:

We were just talking about u guys yesterday! We were at Busch Gardens and it reminded us of you :) We go back again in October so your trips are in between ours! Wouldn't have been something to meet up again! Have a blast guys Gringotts is a great ride... Really glad we got a chance to experience it!

I didn't realize there were so many DISers there yesterday! Add me & my 2 kiddos to the list of people there at 8am (not on-site guests). When I heard the ride was down, I panicked; I didn't have a plan B in place!
We explored Diagon Alley and loved it. Had an early lunch and Gringott's was open when we got out.
I can't believe I got my kids (age 7 & 8) to wait in 150 minute line! And I timed it using the Touring Plans app timer and it was exactly a 149 minute wait!!!
We all loved the ride but now that I've done it once, I wouldn't wait over 40 minutes.

Add us to the list of DISers at USF. We arrived Sunday afternoon, got up early yesterday and the ride was down. We explored a bit but when the ride did not come back on we decided to head out for other rides. We got up this morning a bit earlier and got in line for early entry around 7:10, headed back to London when they let us in at 7:30ish and waited in line for the ride. We rode and were back to exploring by 9 AM. The ride video messed up part way through the ride and we missed some of the story. DH and i did single rider again this evening. That line moved fast then suddenly we weren't going anywhere for about 10 minutes then the dreaded announcement that the ride was temporarily down. We chose to wait and about 10 minutes later we were moving again. This time we rode the ride and enjoyed the story in its entirety. Too bad we couldn't convince the kids to go back on with us to experience it the way it should be.

Wow. With all of the issues this ride is having they should have called it Diagon Alley Racers. I hope the kinks are ironed out by December.

We were just talking about u guys yesterday! We were at Busch Gardens and it reminded us of you :) We go back again in October so your trips are in between ours! Wouldn't have been something to meet up again! Have a blast guys Gringotts is a great ride... Really glad we got a chance to experience it!

Really, that's too funny!! I am pretty excited for Gringott's and all of DA cause I am such a huge HP fan! That would have been if we had ran into each other again! We usually go in Oct but we switched it around this year so we are going Sept 5-13th and then again the last 2 weeks of Dec for Christmas and New Years Eve! We can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter