• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gringotts & Cameras

beckyd13

Mouseketeer
Are the lockers for Gringotts right before you enter the queue, or are they within the queue? I really want to be able to take pictures while standing in line, but by the looks of other threads I'm not going to be able to...

A fanny pack really isn't an option since my camera is a bit bigger than the average point and shoots.

I have not seen anything in other threads about not taking pictures. :confused3

I was snapping away throughout the entire queue. What else are you going to do for an hour? I even took a picture of the cast member taking the passport picture (or whatever that was).

The camera just went into my pocket for the ride. :banana:

If it can't fit in your pocket, you'll have to store it in a locker before going in the indoor portion of the queue (with all the interesting things to take pictures of).

Thanks for the replies! I think I'm going to invest in a cheap smaller camera for our days at Universal so I can slip it in a pocket. This is our first trip and we might not be back in a long time, so I definitely want to be able to take pictures while queuing up!

Thanks for the replies! I think I'm going to invest in a cheap smaller camera for our days at Universal so I can slip it in a pocket. This is our first trip and we might not be back in a long time, so I definitely want to be able to take pictures while queuing up!

Lol! I am gonna do the same thing! I figure it will be worth it since I don't wanna have to carry my large fancy camera all over the place this time around.

this is a great idea.... I hadn't even thought of this, but I'm like you, I don't want to drag around my big camera either. :thumbsup2

beckyd13 said:
Are the lockers for Gringotts right before you enter the queue, or are they within the queue? I really want to be able to take pictures while standing in line, but by the looks of other threads I'm not going to be able to...

A fanny pack really isn't an option since my camera is a bit bigger than the average point and shoots.

My partner has a pretty big dslr, and I planned on getting him a camera case that could slide onto his belt since as far as I can tell they care more about the secureness on your waist than about the size of the waistpouch (within reason, of course, since the lap bar still has to close!). If you'd rather have something smaller to carry around, that, makes sense, but a waistband camera case seems a bit more economical.

So I invested in a compact, waterproof Nikon digital camera. It was less than 100 bucks (on sale)... We're at Disney World for the majority of our trip, so it will not only be perfect for Universal picture-taking, but perfect for the water parks at Disney too!

On another note... what do you put your tickets in while you ride? Can you wear lanyards on the rides that require the use of a locker? We have Express tickets so we'll have to show those before we get in the queue... I'm just worried about losing them on roller coasters! I asked this in another thread a while ago, but never got much of a response.

(I realize that Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, etc. do not accept Express passes. :) )

So I invested in a compact, waterproof Nikon digital camera. It was less than 100 bucks (on sale)... We're at Disney World for the majority of our trip, so it will not only be perfect for Universal picture-taking, but perfect for the water parks at Disney too!

On another note... what do you put your tickets in while you ride? Can you wear lanyards on the rides that require the use of a locker? We have Express tickets so we'll have to show those before we get in the queue... I'm just worried about losing them on roller coasters! I asked this in another thread a while ago, but never got much of a response.

(I realize that Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, etc. do not accept Express passes. :) )

Yes, you can use a lanyard and not put it in the locker.

When we put everything in the locker I kept my phone in my pocket and took pictures with that. When we got on the ride I just put it back in my pocket

Has anyone actually ridden Gringott's with a fanny pack? It pains me to admit it (and it will pain DD13 even more LOL), but I WILL wear a giant fanny pack if it means I can keep my DSLR with me and not have to hassle with a locker. I want it, not my P&S, for my first DA visit. But I got burned on MIB when it went down, a mob was trying to access lockers, and mine wouldn't open. It was a massive cluster (and a massive waste of time).

Just rode Gringotts with a fanny pack and 2 wands in my (deep) pocket.
So how big is your fanny.....pack?? ;). As long as it has the 3-prong clip thing, can it be any size? I'm soooooo looking forward to riding!!

So how big is your fanny.....pack?? ;). As long as it has the 3-prong clip thing, can it be any size? I'm soooooo looking forward to riding!!
hahaha, fanny..biggish, pack...smallish. Had a phone, camera, magic bands, car keys inside it. The thick part of the wands were in my pocket and my shirt was over the thinner part. I had to figure out a way to cast spells and not have to have a locker. They do have test seats outside if you want a quick try with the restraints. Have fun!! Can't wait to get back!

I really wish I'd thought of a fanny pack. I'm just going to attempt to go bag free and cram my phone, money etc in my pockets. You can't really find them here in the uk though :(

I really wish I'd thought of a fanny pack. I'm just going to attempt to go bag free and cram my phone, money etc in my pockets. You can't really find them here in the uk though :(

Yes you can :thumbsup2

I have a Kipling Multiple and it holds a lot.......it has 3 prongs and you don't have to take it off for rides, unless you want to of course.

I wore a fanny pack on all rides at US/IOA and brought my point and shoot camera. In the process of downloading pictures now and they came out really good. Make sure you have a 3 prong clip I had to show it a few times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter