Great Weekend Trip - January 13 to 18 All Star Movies!

teentoddlermom

DIS Veteran
Just back from a mom/daughter trip to ASMo for the holiday weekend. We arrived around 6pm Thursday, and the Magical Express service was very fast, even though the area at the airport was full of National Cheerleading groups. We arrived at the resort by 7:30 waited a few minutes for check in because they were having system troubles. I did not receive my direct to room text so we needed to wait. We really liked the resort! We had Preferred room in Fantasia. I requested ground floor facing a garden, and received my request. I thought it was interesting that the ASMu Calypso section/Food Court/Bus Stop seemed pretty close, and one day we walked over there and looked around. I have recently stayed at Sports also, and now I have noticed that those food courts are newly renovated and similarly set up. I wonder if Movies food court will be renovated soon? I like the current set up, it seems less difficult to get in and out of. I especially like TWO extra coffee areas, making FOUR places to get hot drinks at busy times! They had also plenty of tea bags out. I bought a refillable mug (cute new design) and really got my money's worth this time. The bus service was incredibly efficient, we never waited more than a minute or two for a bus anywhere during our trip. I love the TV monitors!
It was pretty crowded all weekend, I would say Friday was the least crowded day possibly because it rained hard all morning and we were at Epcot, which seems less crowded to me because it is so big. It is nice to see the Pixar Short films in Imagination, I hope they keep it. The Star Wars fireworks in HS were really fantastic, also at HS we noticed the new dance party building behind RNRC. The new Launch Bay (Former Animation building) is well done with all new dark grey paint and carpets and fully immersed in everything Star Wars. It was nice to see One Man's Dream showing again, our last trip they were playing previews for The Good Dinosaur. Magic Kingdom was busy but manageable throughout the weekend, with Monday being the slowest day. We ate at the new Skipper Canteen in Adventureland. They accept walk ups only. It was good, but rather expensive, possibly the reason for only 5 minute wait? At Animal Kingdom we ate lunch at the new outdoor Harambe Market, and it was delicious! This is a nice addition to the park, but it seems as if there might not be enough seating for peak times. It also took a long time to order our food.
I would definitely suggest considering this time in January to visit, it was on the busy side crowd wise, but the peak cast member staffing levels provided seamless service.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter