Great tip for those with under 6's

iain harrison

Earning My Ears
This is a great tip I picked up when we went to Disneyland Paris several years ago. Do you have a child under 6?

The first thing to do when you get into your room is to put a towel over the bathroom door? More often than not a child under 6 could lock the door when closing it and will not know how to open it again. Imagine the scene, just arrived and your 3 year old visits the bathroom when you are unpacking. Locks the door and cannot get out, it takes a while for even Disney to get a locksmith out.

The towel will stop the door from closing and the little ones from being locked in!!!!

NOW you tell me. I had a 3 year old lock herself into the bathroom at my Dad's house. She either couldn't or wouldn't unlock the door. I pleaded, scolded, and instructed from outside the door for about 20 minutes. I finally had to take a screwdriver and disassemble the doorknob to get her out.

Peggy

My little onelocked her self in a empty room i using my mighty Mom power actually knocked the door in by running into it( i hurt like hell for a week after!!!

towel is a good idea

When mine were 2.5 (they're twins) we were looking at a model home. We went out the front door first and one of them shut the door from inside. It locked from the outside and they couldn't figure out how to open it from the inside. It was late and the sales agent had gone home for the day. There were some construction workers down the road who broke a window and climbed inside to get them. So, always have the kiddos go in front of you through any door that might lock on you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter