Graycliff Chocolatier excursion

cmeyer115

Earning My Ears
Has anyone taken this excursion before? My 6 yo and I though it sounded pretty cool. We did the Dolphin encounter at Atlantis last year and I pondered just staying on the boat this year. Any suggestions?

We're booked for this excursion next week (a week from today!) with our 6-year old son. I'll try to remember to report back!

We're booked for this excursion next week (a week from today!) with our 6-year old son. I'll try to remember to report back!
That would be awesome! I hope you guys have fun! We are going back on the Dream for spring break and can't wait!!!

This our spring break. I refuse to pay the costs of excursions at Atlantis. Last time we stayed on the ship in Nassau, but this sounded like something fun. This is also a short enough excursion, I believe we can get back to the ship for a later lunch and not have to buy lunch off the ship.

We did this excursion on our October 2013 cruise. It was fun. It's not a huge facility but you do get to see how they make the chocolate. They then usher you into a room where you get to learn to make your own chocolate candy with different fillings. That was fun and messy! The kids loved it. At the time they were 9 and 12. My daughter answered a question correctly and was given a big piece of chocolate covered pineapple which she immediately shoved in her mouth. :-) She said it was the best candy she'd ever had. It's not an excursion that will totally 'wow' you but it was fun to go into town and experience it. The ride to the restaurant where the factory is was nice as it takes you past the government house and you get to see some of the structures of the town. That was sufficient for us. Like AndreAggie, we had no desire to go to Atlantis and this was enough to say we got off the ship and had a nice outing. Afterwards we went back to the ship and took advantage of the good things the ship offers.

I was hoping you would say that you had a horrible time :guilty: I was going to book this and then read in the excursion details it's not offered on Sunday.

Glad it was fun.

Thanks everyone! Sorry to hear you won't be able to do it dprincessmom. We are there on Sat so it works out. We had a blast at the Dolphin encounter but it was super expensive. I figured since it's only a 3 day we can just relax and hang out this time, but wanted to get off the boat for just a little.

I'll be somewhat in the minority. I've done it and was fun, but would have enjoyed my time on the ship more I think. Wasn't a waste of time, but meh....

We liked it.

But the best part (along with our perky adorable tourguide) was buying the chocolates THEY make. Should we find ourselves in Nassau again we would walk or cab it over there and buy chocolate.

Those of you who have done this...did you book through Disney or did you cut out the middle man? Also, Disney lists the minimum age as 5...is this Graycliff's rule? I don't see it anywhere, says it's fun for the whole family on their site.

We cut out the middle man. I have booked directly through Graycliff by calling. They asked we call back the day before the excursion to verify the reservation. It saved about $40 for 2 adults and 1 child (age 6).

We cut out the middle man. I have booked directly through Graycliff by calling. They asked we call back the day before the excursion to verify the reservation. It saved about $40 for 2 adults and 1 child (age 6).
How did you get there?

We're doing a day pass at British Colonial Hilton and it appears Graycliff is walking distance... for those of you who go, do you remember if the streets around it looked safe to walk? Seems like it would be a lot cheaper if you do it on your own than pay $$$$ through disney.... also if you did it with Disney, did you walk to it or take a bus? Seems close to the port

We did this directly through greycliff and walked there. Easy walk and the greycliff hotel itself is also a lot of fun. If you keep walking down the street after you make chocolate you will hit john Watling's distillery. Also fun to tour, even for kids, beautiful place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter