grand villa wedding in october

pmcpmc

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
My son is getting married in October next year.
We have dvc membership at Boardwalk and its suggested that some people are now having an intimate wedding in a grand villa hired out for one night .
Having just bought a new house they would like to do it on a budget (and Dad).
Anybody have any experience of this and the costs.

Dear Rollercoaster Dad. I just got married last October and my first choice was a WDW wedding. However, after doing many many months of research, recieving disney info, talking to disney planners we decided not to get married at WDW. I think the least we were going to spend was about $15K, and that was the wedding pavilion at the Grand Floridian. We were going to do the cinderellas coach and mickey and minnie at our reception. It is quite beautiful but VERY expensive. You can order information online but be prepared. Check out Disneyweddings.com
We ended up getting married at home at our Indianapolis Zoo and we did a disney princess theme, it was perfect! We went on a dis cruise and went to WDW for our honeymoon. Plan on spending at least $15K. I hope this helps.

Gina:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earseek:

Do you mean have a wedding in the villa-just hire an officiant to come there? Just wanted to clarify! Not sure how that would work.
I do know that you can plan a intimate wedding for much less than 15,000-it all depends on how extravagant you want to be and how many quests you will have.
Another option is the Swan resort, www.justmarry.com is the company who does the weddings at the Swan, since they are not a "disney" resort weddings are much less with all the same magic! I believe the basic package starts just over 2000.00, that inlcudes the site,officiant,decorated arch,wedding cake and photographer or musician, there may be something else included-just can't remember off the top of my head. I am using them for my wedding. The site they use is the Cresent terrace which is to your right as you are heading onto the bridge from the Swan to the Boardwalk
. Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

yes I was advised by my disney contact that that is the way to do it.
the grand villa has all the room you will need

Hi! I have a friend who did that (though not with a villa - she rented a huge suite at the Boardwalk). It worked out really well for her - she had Private Dining cater the reception in her suite, and she got the wedding cake from Publix. She ended up having a wedding for 40 people on some incredibly low budget - less than we spent on our intimate wedding (of course, we had a ton of extras, but still...)
They had the ceremony on the balcony, though I've heard that's iffy, b/c if Disney wants to, they can stop that, since it's outdoors, and you're only supposed to have outdoor weddings at WDW through the FTW department. But then they moved inside for the reception, and Private Dining brought in very heavy hors d'oeuvres and a carving station, then they had an Illuminations dessert party.
Cheers!
Heather W

A year or two ago, I came across someone' web site detailing their wedding that was held in an OKW Grand Villa. It really seemed like a great idea to keep things on a budget and still have a very nice wedding. Maybe a Google search would turn something up for you? I'm sorry that I didn't keep that link. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter