Grand Legacy (formerly Ramada Maingate)

Our most recent stay there was in November (still the Ramada then) and there was still a lot of construction going on. The most recent email I got from them says the new lobby is done, but it sounds like they're still working on the new building and it didn't give a date when it would all be open.

It's one of our "go to" places, especially when we have AP's because they offer a good discount. We're a family of 5 and the rooms are adequate for us. We'll probably stay there again in August, unless I find a better deal somewhere else. I'm not sure what specific info you'd like. We've stayed at Hojo's, Tropicana, Desert Inn & Suites, Del Sol, Candy Cane Inn, Embassy Suites and the Disneyland Hotel over the years, for comparison.

The main thing I don't like is in the past they have been sticklers for the 3pm check inn time. I understand when the room's not ready, but most of the other places we've stayed at could at least check us in before the "official" time, even if we had to wait a bit for the room to be done. They do let you check in early when you have an AP (1 pm), that plus the 15% discount is why we stay there a lot during the years we have AP's.

I have had a reservation (deluxe queens w/ view) there for awhile but keep second guessing myself (have read a few negative reviews -parking, construction etc). Tropicana and Hojos have availability for around the same $$. I also have thought about a 2 room suite a little further away for the same cost, but i think close proximity wins. The pics of Grand legacy online look great to me, guess I just wanted some feedback from experienced disneyland goers who can compare it to other hotels in the area. Thanks for your response!

I'm curious to know as well. We have reservations here for our upcoming June trip. The website looks great and I am excited to be that close to the park. :)

I also stayed there in November when it was still the ramada. We had only ever stayed onsite previously, so i was very nervous. I was late making reservations, and most places were booked, but the ramada still had rooms. I had read many TripAdvisor reviews and there were also negative reviews which made me hesitant. In the end we decided to just go for it because the price was good, and it was within walking distance. I'm very glad we did. The rooms were clean, the staff was nice, and the walk was doable; about 7 minutes from our room to bag check. The breakfast wasn't much, but we were happy to get at least something in our bellies! I would stay here again, and with all the improvements they are putting into it, i would think they are only getting better.

I have had a reservation (deluxe queens w/ view) there for awhile but keep second guessing myself (have read a few negative reviews -parking, construction etc). Tropicana and Hojos have availability for around the same $$. I also have thought about a 2 room suite a little further away for the same cost, but i think close proximity wins. The pics of Grand legacy online look great to me, guess I just wanted some feedback from experienced disneyland goers who can compare it to other hotels in the area. Thanks for your response!

We booked here because of the big pool and daily breakfast. We actually haven't stayed here yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter