Grand Floridian

kimberwee

DIS Veteran
Don't know if this is the right spot to ask this, but we are thinking of buying at VGF and want to stay before making that decision. We are going to try renting points for a stay from 11/11/17-11/16/17. What are the chances of getting 2 studios @7mos? Do they have connecting studios?

Thanks.

No connecting studios, and you odds are very slim to get 1 studio in Nov and about zero for 2.

I would put odds on getting 1 at 7 months at 0, and 2, well...

That's the final weekend of Food & Wine.

Yes, there are 360 studios at the Poly, and they have connecting units. GF only has 47 lockoffs.

Don't know if this is the right spot to ask this, but we are thinking of buying at VGF and want to stay before making that decision. We are going to try renting points for a stay from 11/11/17-11/16/17. What are the chances of getting 2 studios @7mos? Do they have connecting studios?

Thanks.

Studios are gone. 2 BRs are still possible.

No harm trying. A quick inquiry with David's will let you know if this is possible. There is also a rental board here. You are past 11 months but before 7 months, so there is still a chance. Lake View is more likely than standard view at this point. Dedicated 2BR will be your best bet. Lockoffs will be gone. Here is a link to David's http://www.dvcrequest.com/

Last edited:
Poly at 7 months is still best done via private party rental, not a broker. You need to have finger primed at 7:55 for those dates, and brokerages rarely have that.setup.

Getting 2 at 7 months is highly unlikely. Even at poly.

Absent going on wait list, VGF studios are unlikely for time you want at 7 months out. Poly is a possibility but probably not if your start date is Saturday, Nov 11. That weekend has a risk of disappearing before 7 months out and even if it might be open, it will probably disappear a few seconds after 8 a.m. at exactly 7 months out, meaning even to get one studio your computer will have to be faster than others in communicating with Disney's computer when the 7 month window opens. Best chance to get Poly for time you want is to find an owner of Poly to rent from and do it now.

As to purchasing VGF to get studios, be aware that VGF has only 47 studios which are all part of 2BR lock-offs. It also has 47 dedicated 2BRs and 6 Grand Villas. Most who bought at VGF bought enough points to get studios but the sellable points for all the rooms were sold, meaning the majority of those points applicable to the 2BRs and GV's were sold to members who were purchasing only enough points to get studios. The result is that you have excessive demand by VGF owners for those low number of studios particularly during DVC's high demand season from late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, during which there are now times when VGF owners have problems getting them even when trying to bookat exactly 11 months out.

Thanks.

If the purpose is a scouting trip before buying at VGF have you checked for a cash reservation with Disney?

I was able to rent a lake view studio at VGF for 11/13-11/19. I put in my request at 11 months.

I was able to rent a lake view studio at VGF for 11/13-11/19. I put in my request at 11 months.
This is true, but she's already past the 11 month mark, so everyone else already got a headstart..:confused3

This is true, but she's already past the 11 month mark, so everyone else already got a headstart..:confused3
And she was asking about availability at 7 months, not an 11-month booking. Huge difference, especially during fall frenzy.

And she was asking about availability at 7 months, not an 11-month booking. Huge difference, especially during fall frenzy.
Good point.

I just posted on another thread about having 2 separate 3 night bookings . 1 @ BCV & the other here?
Would u choose GFV if u had the choice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter