• Grand Floridian

Votes: 29 90.6%
  • Boardwalk

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

astag05

Mouseketeer
We are doing a split stay on our upcoming trip in May. First 5 nights will be spent at Yacht Club. Trying to decide where to spend our second half of the trip.

BWI has become my favorite hotel but that’s because we spend a lot of time at DS and Epcot. Were we to spend more time at MK I’d choose GF or Poly.

If you’re doing both MK and Epcot/HS, then definitely GF. It will make your life so much easier with the ability to walk to 3 parks, as well as the access to boats and the monorail once you move to GF! Best of both worlds! Enjoy!

I’m all for split stays- but not in the same area. Don’t see the reason to move from YC to BWI unless you have a love for both of them. I’d vote GF, but depending on how much time you intend to spend at MK I might change the split to 6 YC/4 MK for a little more EP access time.

I almost always stay at the Epcot resorts, and would normally vote Boardwalk. I agree with everyone else and say since you're at the Yacht Club first, I would stay at Grand Floridian.

BWI is my favorite hotel and GF my least favorite but I have to agree with everyone that I would not do a split stay between yacht club and boardwalk.

I love BW but since you’re already staying YC, I’d go with VGF (which we love too!).

We’ve done a few MK/EP resort split stays and they work out well. Last time was Poly and BW with a park hopper. We went heavy on MK from Poly, monorail to front of Epcot, and AK. From BW we did HS, more Epcot and AK/MK on last day. Having your room nearby is convenient for popping in midday or closing a park so we plan around that.

GL and YC make a great split. You can concentrate on MK and AK during your GF stay. YC will be great for Epcot and HS. You will seldom need to take buses.

I'm with virtually everyone else. If you're going to move, go where you're closer to other parks, not stay in the same area. I often do split stays, but never 2 with proximity to the same parks.

GF/YC is one of my favorite splits actually, I’ve done it before and not having to take buses anywhere except AK is fantastic. Last year we did Poly and YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter