• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian Gingerbread House.

Just to clear something up. The order of the Resorts being decorated is irrelevant as to when the gingerbread houses will be up. The decorations are done by Holiday Services and the Gingerbread houses are designed, baked, made, constructed and decorated by the Culinary staff/Chefs. I am sure they try to coordinate things but you never know when it comes to baking if things will turn out right.

A few years ago there was a different day to get the pins signed at each GBH by the chef that designed them. I have one from Chef Lothar around here somewhere.

But with that being said, most of these are retail outlets (Gingerbread, cookies, pins, etc.) so I am sure they try to get the up and operating as soon as practical.

Yup.

This is a photo taken this week:

View attachment 133525

Holy cow! We left 11/2 and not even a week later it's up!!! I'm kicking myself for not booking our trip from 10/30-11/10 so we could've experienced Halloween and Christmas in the same trip!!!! We missed the castle lighting ceremony by 2 days. We were there in December last year, but my mom was not and I wish I'd booked smarter! Although we did go to DHS on 11/2 before we left and the CMs were wearing the Christmas light necklaces and Santa Goofy was there!

Sorry for my mini crazy rant!

They were putting up the gingerbread house during our visit last fall, 11/12-14. Got to taste samples of the gingerbread as they were building it. Always so cool to see.

Do multiple resorts have gingerbread houses? We do have a meal at GF, but are staying at BLT (Contemporary). Did I read right that there will be one at the Contemporary too?

Do multiple resorts have gingerbread houses? We do have a meal at GF, but are staying at BLT (Contemporary). Did I read right that there will be one at the Contemporary too?
Only GF has the gingerbread house, CR has a big gingerbread tree(picture from last year).
DSC_5183.jpg

Unless it's new for this year, the Contemporary doesn't do a gingerbread house, but they do have a gingerbread tree. The BC has a carousel that's made of gingerbread with chocolate horses

The Swan has an amazing Santa and Christmas setting, all in solid chocolate.

http://www.santasfavoriteresort.com/chocolate.html

There is also the gingerbread store at the American Adventure in Epcot.

Epcot-American-Adventure-Gingerbread-House-350x525.jpg

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/11/15/2012-walt-disney-world-gingerbread-holiday-displays/

It's a process. Figure them to be gone by the end of the first week of Jan.

Thanks, what I should have asked was, I'm arriving early on NYE, will they still be up then or do they usually start coming down before then.

image.jpg Last year the Contemporary had a Small World inspired Frozen themed gingerbread display...curious what it will be this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter