• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian Club Level cutbacks

My daughter works concierge at Yacht & Beach. They were told of the lounge cutbacks a few months ago.

Make sure that you're filling out your surveys if you get ones asking about your hotel stay or while you're visiting. Those are the metrics that real management pays attention to when they look at their strategies. Net Promoter Scores (NPS) are extremely important to operations management in general. Here's a year old article/podcast if you want to know more about how Disney uses NPS for the parks http://www.netpromotersystemblog.com/2015/05/21/at-disney-the-show-must-go-on/
They may not always read your words, but survey numbers always get eyes!

Last edited:
I can't believe this I change my plans from Contemporary Resort CL to Grand Floridian Sugerloaf because of all the great reviews i read and because of the food you get. Not sure what to do know

I can't believe this I change my plans from Contemporary Resort CL to Grand Floridian Sugerloaf because of all the great reviews i read and because of the food you get. Not sure what to do know

I realize that the food may have changed since last August, but it really was very nice. I think that when you purchase a club level room, you are nto going to get your "money's worth" from the offerings. It is what comes before you get there you are in part, paying for, and the service you have after. I will tell you that while I cannot and do not justify CL every trip, it is a lovely benefit if you plan to spend a lot of time within the resort. It was never meant to be a alternative to meals.

We have a trip in SL CL planned in August, and as we were concerned with the various cutbacks, we have emailed our IPO about it.

At first they said cordials were removed from the CL lounge, but that we could access RPC lounge where cordials and other items were still being served.

We exchanged a few more emails about it since we were puzzled by this change, and received a response a few seconds ago. IPO said we would have access only to our lounge, but cordials and other items that were being cut "temporarily" are now expected to be back. IPO insisted that even a CM for the wine pouring will be staffed (although were not sure this is good news from what we've read here).

Have you witnessed those cutbacks as being over?

We have a trip in SL CL planned in August, and as we were concerned with the various cutbacks, we have emailed our IPO about it.

At first they said cordials were removed from the CL lounge, but that we could access RPC lounge where cordials and other items were still being served.

We exchanged a few more emails about it since we were puzzled by this change, and received a response a few seconds ago. IPO said we would have access only to our lounge, but cordials and other items that were being cut "temporarily" are now expected to be back. IPO insisted that even a CM for the wine pouring will be staffed (although were not sure this is good news from what we've read here).

Have you witnessed those cutbacks as being over?

I do nto think the CM pouring wine will be changed back. I think Disney is taking "ordinary" care of the alcohol when minors are about. They were pouring when we stayed in August, and not one was stingy or ade me feel like a lush, and I was traveling with my crew of nine, some of whom were cranky with each other at times. I wanted that glass of wine by evening! LOL! My family tends to name our trips and this was was called the "I love my familiy" trip. I guess I get mushy afte 1.5 glasses of wine but by the .5 part of 1.5 my overwhelmed self moved from "For the love of all that is holy!!!" to "I love my family!"

Just got back yesterday from a great stay at GF SL club level. Only difference we noticed was the variety of alcohol - less liqueurs. Someone is now serving the drinks for you, but that is done very nicely, we were served (many times) by Franco who was really great and generally very helpful. We thought the variety of snacks seemed better, definitely cheese and ham on offer for breakfast along with lots of other choices. The afternoon cream tea is our favourite! Someone also walked us across on check in. We hope to return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter