• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian Cafe VS. Captain's Grille?

For what meal? GF is convenient to MK and Captains grille is convenient to DHS and Epcot.
For us, breakfast at GF cafe is a must do tradition. Awesome eggs benedict!

If dining plan, Captains Grill, the desserts are better and full size! If not, GFC.

Both are pretty good though

I agree with PP, where are you going to be on that day? If MK, then GFC, if DHS or Epcot, then Captain's Grill.

We ate at both for lunch just this past week and really enjoyed both of them. We ate at Captain's Grill on our pool day at BC and at GFC on our MK day. My fish of the day (a red grouper) at GFC was delish. My DH enjoyed the (fancy!) burger at GFC. And if you have two adults, you can share the dessert platter at GFC, which is a very generous portion. Captain's Grill was also very good. I loved the crab cake and the seared tuna salad.

We are kinda working our park days around our meals, so it's really all about who has the best meal.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks!

Captain's Grille is quite out of the way and has the atmosphere of a good hotel all-purpose restaurant. I've had better, more imaginative meals at the GF Cafe, which has the advantage of superb natural lighting, lovely decor, and a quick monorail ride back to the MK.

The menu and the atmosphere at Captain's Grille might not appear super exciting, but the food is excellent! It was surprisingly one of the best meals we had last trip, and we are having Thanksgiving dinner there this year.

in November (twice) for breakfast and lunch, but we have eaten lunch and dinner at Captains Grille recently (last month) and had wonderful food at both. The strip steak is about half what you would pay at Le Cellier.

We think of them as interchangeable and pick based on either the resort we are staying at or the plans for that night. Both are good.

We think of them as interchangeable and pick based on either the resort we are staying at or the plans for that night. Both are good.
Agreed. I think the quality at both is solid, and I'd be happy to dine at either one depending on which is more convenient. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter