Grand cayman beaches

Lawdawg

Mouseketeer
We will be on Fantasy in Sept. Myself, my wife and 7 y/o daughter. We are planning to just do a beach day in Gand Cayman. We are debating between Rum Point and Tiki Beach. Just wondering if anyone has been to both and can offer a comparison as to which would be the better choice. Thanks.

We are going on September 28th. We plan on only getting off the ship for Grand Cayman also. With two kids under 5 they won't want to see sights and can't do many other things. I told DH that I just want to go to the beach on GC so that I can say I was there. It would be nice to know what beach is bets for children.

We were at Tiki Beach this past February and we (myself, DW, & DS-6yrs old) really enjoyed it. Beach was very clean and (at least when we went) was not over crowded. Have not been to Rum Point. We went with Tiki because it was closer than Rum Point and DW wanted to squeeze some shopping in as well! :-)

Went to Tiki Beach last month with our 5 year old daughter. Had a great time! Beautiful water, no waves, shade, plenty of chairs, bathrooms, outdoor showers, easy bus ride. Would definitely recommend:thumbsup2

We took a short 5 minute cab ride to 7 mile beach and we will do that again next time. It's close and a beautiful beach.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like we may do Tiki. The 1 hour ride to rum point is a drawback, especially not knowing if its worth the ride. We were in GC last Sept. and decided we would do a beach on our own. One of the concierge members told us the name of a beach to go to, so we got in a cab (or rather a van with 6 other people) and asked to go to that beach (the name escapes me now). However, the cab driver took us to another beach, and when we complained that this wasn't where we asked to be taken, he told us this beach was better and we would like it here. Not wanting to get into an argument with a can driver in a foreign country, and not really wanting to have to get out and hunt down and pay for another cab, we decided to stay at this beach. It was crowded and not that nice. My guess was that the people that sold the chairs, umbrellas, souvenirs etc were probably throwing a few dollars to Mr Cabbie to get people there. That's why we figured we may just do a beach trip through Disney this year.

Just got off the Fantasy and we did Tiki Beach. Would definitely recommend if you're just looking for an easy beach trip with basic amenities. FWIW, I had been originally considering Rum Point vs. Tiki Beach, but Rum Point ended up not being offered on our sailing so it was an easy decision.

I am so glad you asked this because I want to know also. Except we want a beach where there is great snorkeling also.

How far is Tiki beach from where the ship tendered? Did you take a cab?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter