Grand Californian Super Thread

Yes. There are irons in the rooms and a keurig. Yes, you enter and exit to DTD by the dress shop and Sephora. Yes, you have to go through security from the hotel to DCA and from the hotel to DTD. You do not go through security to enter the hotel. When we stayed, the line was super long at the front desk. They did have a CM walking around with an iPad who tried to help guests in the line if they could. We arrived early AM. I have watched WOC from that balcony, but it was years ago and I don’t remember the floor!

Have a fantastic trip!!!
Thank you, Crystal! Hopefully the line won't be too long.

I just called and added an extra room and requested connecting or adjoining. Hopefully I'm not crazy and we don't end up on opposite wings from each other!

I just called and added an extra room and requested connecting or adjoining. Hopefully I'm not crazy and we don't end up on opposite wings from each other!
Just updating to say we had super nice rooms that had connecting doors. They were both ready by 11:00 am, and they gave us 1:00 checkout on our departure day. We were in the DVC wing. All the CMs are so nice, and the Grand was all that I expected and more. All other hotels are ruined for me now lol.

Just updating to say we had super nice rooms that had connecting doors. They were both ready by 11:00 am, and they gave us 1:00 checkout on our departure day. We were in the DVC wing. All the CMs are so nice, and the Grand was all that I expected and more. All other hotels are ruined for me now lol.
I know what you mean! We stayed at VDH in January and I was missing the Grand so much!

I'm glad you were able to get connecting rooms. They were able to do that for us when we took a trip with my parents a few years back. It was awesome...like one big suite.

Were you in the DVC wing but on the hotel side? That's where we were when we stayed there in February 2023. The very last room at the end of the hall on the 2nd floor.

And yeah...after decades on Harbor, it totally ruined those hotels for us. Came home and immediately did DVC research to see how the cost (over the course of the contract) would compare to us staying on cash every future trip. 🤣

Were you in the DVC wing but on the hotel side? That's where we were when we stayed there in February 2023. The very last room at the end of the hall on the 2nd floor.

And yeah...after decades on Harbor, it totally ruined those hotels for us. Came home and immediately did DVC research to see how the cost (over the course of the contract) would compare to us staying on cash every future trip. 🤣
I think so. We were overlooking trees and the driveway. I'll post pictures soon :)

I'm never staying on Harbor again after that, and maybe not even DLH. The Grand is just SO wonderful!

I think so. We were overlooking trees and the driveway. I'll post pictures soon :)

I'm never staying on Harbor again after that, and maybe not even DLH. The Grand is just SO wonderful!

I've never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. Kind of wish I would have before the Grand because now I'll probably never go there. Ha!

I really did enjoy the hotels I stayed at on Harbor but yeah...they just can't compare.

I've never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. Kind of wish I would have before the Grand because now I'll probably never go there. Ha!

I really did enjoy the hotels I stayed at on Harbor but yeah...they just can't compare.
I wish I'd thought of DVC years ago, but it always seemed very expensive/confusing. We've gone to the parks 7 times in the last 10 years, but will probably slow down now. (Maybe...)

I wish I'd thought of DVC years ago, but it always seemed very expensive/confusing. We've gone to the parks 7 times in the last 10 years, but will probably slow down now. (Maybe...)

We were always pretty anti-DVC because looking at the cost, staying offsite (or value/moderate at WDW) will always be a lower cost. At least for the amount of trips we like to take.

But when we realized we'd be happier staying at the Grand Californian/deluxe at WDW, we looked more at what we were getting for our money. And DVC would cost us less in the long run than paying cash for the Grand/deluxe WDW. But DVC does have a large up front cost, especially the Grand Californian! And you really have to want to go enough to make it worth while. It's definitely not a good fit for everyone.

Grand pictures. We were in 3233 & 3231 with a connecting door.

Watching World Of Color from the 6th floor balcony is now my favorite way to see it. Such a great view and there were only like 10 people up there!

Attachments

• IMG_8114.JPG
    IMG_8114.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8017.JPG
    IMG_8017.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7953.JPG
    IMG_7953.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7935.JPG
    IMG_7935.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7772.JPG
    IMG_7772.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7756.JPG
    IMG_7756.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7741.JPG
    IMG_7741.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7737.JPG
    IMG_7737.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7734.JPG
    IMG_7734.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7936.JPG
    IMG_7936.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 27

Watching World Of Color from the 6th floor balcony is now my favorite way to see it. Such a great view and there were only like 10 people up there!
Wow, great pics!!! I've only seen WOC from the 6th floor balcony once, and it was the very first Dapper Day! Justin, who created DD, was there and gave everyone on the balcony a special gift bag. Wow, it's come a long way since then!

But yeah, I agree--GCH is such a fantastic hotel it's hard to go anywhere else. My favorite is Christmas time!

Great pictures! We didn't go up to watch WOC but I think we'll need to next time...even if our 10 year old is already in his PJs. Can you hear the music up there?

Great pictures! We didn't go up to watch WOC but I think we'll need to next time...even if our 10 year old is already in his PJs. Can you hear the music up there?
Yes, they pipe it in. It was SO cool. There were a few kids in their jammies :) Lots of people brought cocoa or wine with them.

We were over on the far left toward the back and could see some of the projections, but I don't know if you can see all of them from that view. Maybe from the front.

Wow, great pics!!! I've only seen WOC from the 6th floor balcony once, and it was the very first Dapper Day! Justin, who created DD, was there and gave everyone on the balcony a special gift bag. Wow, it's come a long way since then!

But yeah, I agree--GCH is such a fantastic hotel it's hard to go anywhere else. My favorite is Christmas time!
That sounds so neat! I bet the first Dapper Day was much quieter.

I loved that 3rd floor balcony you mentioned, it was so nice. I went there with my son to listen to the piano a couple of times.

My next goal is to stay there over Christmas :)

Yes. There are irons in the rooms and a keurig. Yes, you enter and exit to DTD by the dress shop and Sephora. Yes, you have to go through security from the hotel to DCA and from the hotel to DTD. You do not go through security to enter the hotel. When we stayed, the line was super long at the front desk. They did have a CM walking around with an iPad who tried to help guests in the line if they could. We arrived early AM. I have watched WOC from that balcony, but it was years ago and I don’t remember the floor!

Have a fantastic trip!!!
Crystal- I did end up going to the front desk because our digital key wasn't always working. The line was super long in the afternoon, but I went back around 9pm and there was no line at all.

That sounds so neat! I bet the first Dapper Day was much quieter.

I loved that 3rd floor balcony you mentioned, it was so nice. I went there with my son to listen to the piano a couple of times.

My next goal is to stay there over Christmas :)
Oh, you must!! It's so magical!!

Was that view from the Veranda club or just a regular balcony? I’m debating getting the WOC dessert party reservations for our August trip, but we are doing club level at GC, so maybe not worth it if that view is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter