• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand California, waitlisted

RobynPrincess

Looking around
Im trying to book GCV studio, currently I have the 26th and 28th September, booked at 7 months. I have 27th and 29th waitlisted. Do you think I have much chance of the other 2 nights coming in? I'm starting to panic lol

Lol no, but I guess plan b will be staying offsite somewhere. I borrowed in the points for the 2 nights booked :( didn't think it through

I have the 29th waitlisted too for a studio and the 30th on a separate waitlist. I was able to book the 22nd through 28th with a combination of booking available nights, stalking the website, and waitlisting. I am hopeful for the last two nights but have a backup reservation off site if it doesn't come through and we'll just have to move at the end of our trip. I wonder which one of us put the 29th on the waitlist first. RobynPrincess, please post if your waitlist comes through. I have had good luck with VGC waitlists in the past and there is still plenty of time. I check the website often and single nights open up for a while every now and then.

I have the 29th waitlisted too for a studio and the 30th on a separate waitlist. I was able to book the 22nd through 28th with a combination of booking available nights, stalking the website, and waitlisting. I am hopeful for the last two nights but have a backup reservation off site if it doesn't come through and we'll just have to move at the end of our trip. I wonder which one of us put the 29th on the waitlist first. RobynPrincess, please post if your waitlist comes through. I have had good luck with VGC waitlists in the past and there is still plenty of time. I check the website often and single nights open up for a while every now and then.
I keep stalking the DVC website. I put the 29th waitlisted as soon as the time opened up, so would think I'm one of the first (other than those who waitlisted the days before). Fingers crossed, I'll update if it does come in! Xxx

I keep stalking the DVC website. I put the 29th waitlisted as soon as the time opened up, so would think I'm one of the first (other than those who waitlisted the days before). Fingers crossed, I'll update if it does come in! Xxx

I hope both our waitlists come through!!!

Our booking date opens in November and we're trying to get a 2-bedroom. Now I'm getting nervous we'll get waitlisted!

We had luck with a 1 bedroom at 7 months, wanted a studio but 1 bedroom had our 3 days available. Glad we did, the extra room was great.

Our booking date opens in November and we're trying to get a 2-bedroom. Now I'm getting nervous we'll get waitlisted!

Dedicated 2 bedrooms are 23 of the 48 rooms. Plus another 23 lockoffs. With the high point cost, your odds are good.

Dedicated 2 bedrooms are 23 of the 48 rooms. Plus another 23 lockoffs. With the high point cost, your odds are good.

Fingers crossed then! We have 6 folks total and while we really want to go to Disneyland, we're going to book 11 months out at our home resort (Poly...2 studios) just in case GC is full. Everyone in the group has been to WDW, but only myself, DH and DS have been to Disneyland. I LOVE the feel of Disneyland, so we're hoping to go back.

Just to update my VGC studio waitlist for 9/29 didn't come through, but two days ago the night of the 30th (which was part of my second waitlist of two days appeared on the RAT so I booked it. Then today a 1BR appeared for the 29th so I booked that. I am still confident that my studio for the 29th will come through, but at least we have VGC for our entire 9 night stay now. RobynPrincess, did you have luck with your waitlists yet?

Robyn, I hope one of you waitlists came through because today my 9/29 studio did come through. I was able to cancel the 1br for 9/29 I had booked last week and link up all the nights in a studio from9/22 to 10/1. It is such a relief when the waitlist is matched.

Just to update my VGC studio waitlist for 9/29 didn't come through, but two days ago the night of the 30th (which was part of my second waitlist of two days appeared on the RAT so I booked it. Then today a 1BR appeared for the 29th so I booked that. I am still confident that my studio for the 29th will come through, but at least we have VGC for our entire 9 night stay now. RobynPrincess, did you have luck with your waitlists yet?
Robyn, I hope one of you waitlists came through because today my 9/29 studio did come through. I was able to cancel the 1br for 9/29 I had booked last week and link up all the nights in a studio from9/22 to 10/1. It is such a relief when the waitlist is matched.
Wow! Congratulations. You must be sparkling . . . from all the pixie dust!

I set up two waitlists for two nights at GCV for both a 1-bedroom and a studio at 8:03 am at the 7th month. My backup plan was to stay in an offsite hotel. I was on the waitlist for 5.5 months and also stalked the website daily. Nothing. After the 45 day mark (I heard that people will cancel just prior to the 45 day mark), I decided to request a stay at Paradise Pier. (Staying offsite was problematic due to the fact that my Mom is planning to rent a scooter. I didn't want her using the scooter on city streets and sidewalks.) The points for staying at PP were midway between what the points would cost for a studio and a 1-bedroom. Request was granted within 24 hours. So now, we are staying 2 nights at PP and then moving to GCV. Not ideal, but it will work.

I am now 0 for 3 on waitlists for Grand Californian villas.

Wow! Congratulations. You must be sparkling . . . from all the pixie dust!
Absolutely!!! I have had very good luck with my waitlists at VGC. We bought Annual passes and are planning 3 trips to VGC to make good use of them. So far we have the 9 days in September booked, 6 nights in January booked (from a member that did a point transfer for me), and I plan to book another 8 or 9 nights next September. I would love to have VGC points but can't justify the cost when I bought my BWV points so cheap in 1999.

JulyLady, it's too bad your waitlist didn't come through, but at least you are staying at Paradise Pier first and VGC second and no the other way around.

Oh I'm so pleased for you! Fingers crossed mine comes through too xx

When making a reservation at 7 months out do you do it day by day or from the first day of the trip. In other words if I need the 1st through the 5th can I book all on the 1st, or do I need to book through first one day, the second the next day, etcc

When making a reservation at 7 months out do you do it day by day or from the first day of the trip. In other words if I need the 1st through the 5th can I book all on the 1st, or do I need to book through first one day, the second the next day, etcc

You can do up to 7 days at a time I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter