GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

So I impulse chose May 8th because it was the first day I saw and on a weekend so I was like alright. I didn't realize it's also mothers day until after I booked it. Whoops. Guess mothers day is being spent at Epcot for everyone lol
Let's hope that's true. That's my AK day so everyone can go to Epcot while I ride Flight of Passage in peace lol

So I impulse chose May 8th because it was the first day I saw and on a weekend so I was like alright. I didn't realize it's also mothers day until after I booked it. Whoops. Guess mothers day is being spent at Epcot for everyone lol

My wife definitely gave me a dirty look and said I better be able to get a good dinner reservation... Of course, we were planning to fly home on May 8th and there are slim pickings for dinner locations. I might be sleeping by the pool on Sunday night :rotfl2:

That’s okay. I’m taking my mom and grandma up to Disney for Mother’s Day brunch and I scheduled the preview for the same day just to avoid driving back and forth (we live close to Clearwater) and I’ll just leave them for an hour to do this since they’re not pass holders yet 😅

Happy Mother’s Day to them 😂

That’s okay. I’m taking my mom and grandma up to Disney for Mother’s Day brunch and I scheduled the preview for the same day just to avoid driving back and forth (we live close to Clearwater) and I’ll just leave them for an hour to do this since they’re not pass holders yet 😅

Happy Mother’s Day to them 😂
Being taken to Disney and then left alone by my child for an hour sounds pretty perfect to me, tbh!!!

I’ll admit, we mostly chose French Quarter for the beignets!
I don't know if we got a bad batch, but we were so disappointed a couple weeks ago. Had them for the first time since 2019...and they were not good. We were staying at POR and excited to get Beignets. Most of it went in the trash.

My wife definitely gave me a dirty look and said I better be able to get a good dinner reservation... Of course, we were planning to fly home on May 8th and there are slim pickings for dinner locations. I might be sleeping by the pool on Sunday night :rotfl2:

Wasn’t the trip there to celebrate Mother’s Day? 😉

Hopefully, you’ll be able to pick up a reservation the day before as many get canceled to avoid the no show fee. My wife picked up a new ring on our December cruise. Do you think she’ll remember it was to cover presents until after her birthday in July? 🤣

I don't know if we got a bad batch, but we were so disappointed a couple weeks ago. Had them for the first time since 2019...and they were not good. We were staying at POR and excited to get Beignets. Most of it went in the trash.
Our flight got changed over spring break, so I booked a night at French Quarter the 2nd week of March. We had the beignets then, and they were as tasty as I remembered. I hope you just had a bad batch, and I’m sorry you experienced that!

I wish they made it simpler like this as well.
As fun as it is to compete with thousands of people as we all stalk the website and ignore our real lives and responsibilities for days or weeks, they're creating this weird scenario where we now have people flying in from out of town to come to a ride preview. Why not just add magic to the day for people who were already coming to the parks? There used to be a lot of extra little magical moments for people who had simply planned to be there, It seems one by one they've taken away all of them and replaced all of it with a system that is consistently leaving nearly everyone disappointed that they were left out, Even those of us who are in the know.

Before random people had extra magic and the people who were left out didn't even know they were being left out.
Instead they decided to offer up a little bit of magic to those who pay a whole lot of money every year to be annual pass holders. Those same folks who complain that they never get special offers any more. Disney kills 2 birds with 1 stone, they get their test subjects AND a boon is thrown to AP

I never got the DVC or AP email but was able to register with the AP group using the posted link. Took a screen shot of the confirmation page just in case. It mentions a confirmation of my registration would be sent via email (didn't get one) and further instructions would be sent via email 3-5 days prior to our day.

In the "What to Bring to the Event Section" it says a Photo ID and printed confirmation page. If I don't end up getting any emails I hope that my screen shot web page confirmation will be accepted. Hopefully there isn't some required QR code that is provided the 3-5 days prior.

Obvs I checked spam & junk.

Last edited:
I never got the DVC or AP email but was able to register with the AP group using the posted link. Took a screen shot of the confirmation page just in case. It mentions a confirmation of my registration would be sent via email (didn't get one) and further instructions would be sent via email 3-5 days prior to our day.

In the "What to Bring to the Event Section" it says a Photo ID and printed confirmation page. If I don't end up getting any emails I hope that my screen shot web page confirmation will be accepted. Hopefully there isn't some required QR code that is provided the 3-5 days prior.
My confirmation email went to my spam, and I know that was the case for several others, so check to see if that happened to you.

Check your junk folder. My dd booked ours and checked my email for the confirmation. (I was driving at the time). After a few minutes she called me, it was hiding mom, found it in your junk folder!

Instead they decided to offer up a little bit of magic to those who pay a whole lot of money every year to be annual pass holders. Those same folks who complain that they never get special offers any more. Disney kills 2 birds with 1 stone, they get their test subjects AND a boon is thrown to AP
By that logic, DVC is in the same boat for a whole lot more cash but are getting a teency bit of the perks APs are getting.
The whole AP thing is an entire class system can of worms at this point, some of us were long term APs who had a lapse of a couple months and found ourselves completely locked out, anyone holding an AP is already getting the advantages they paid for- to the tune of saving boatloads of money over those stuck buying tickets for individual trips. If this were about who is spending the most on Disney, they would have invited people who purchased to most tickets last year- we were locked out of APs at a cost of over $3,000 and that is after cancelling one of our trips to save on costs.

Last edited:
You do realize that is even worse, right?
Send an email telling people to click a link that doesn't work?
Just how is that smart?
The DVC link worked just fine. It even had a countdown to when the queue started.

I wish they made it simpler like this as well.
As fun as it is to compete with thousands of people as we all stalk the website and ignore our real lives and responsibilities for days or weeks, they're creating this weird scenario where we now have people flying in from out of town to come to a ride preview. Why not just add magic to the day for people who were already coming to the parks? There used to be a lot of extra little magical moments for people who had simply planned to be there, It seems one by one they've taken away all of them and replaced all of it with a system that is consistently leaving nearly everyone disappointed that they were left out, Even those of us who are in the know.

Before random people had extra magic and the people who were left out didn't even know they were being left out.

Its challenging now with social media. It use to be so much easier to do everything. Invite guests to try a ride that are already in the park and boom its all over social media in minutes. So that creates another issue with now other guests reading about it and then flocking over to the ride hoping to get on.

Social media also causes the issues with the AP sign ups. With out it most wouldn't even be aware there might be a sign up coming out until they saw the email, those that didn't get an email would probably have less clue there was even one.

Thanks for sharing. I didn't see an email, and I had had this thread up for days. I happened to hit refresh and you all helped me know it was live for AP! My daughter and I are making it a mini-Disney weekend. Scored a reasonable room at Flamingo Crossings. Glad I booked yesterday as the room already went slightly up today!

I did see a DVC rental for my day, but it was $250 more than Riverside. It’s Beach Club, which would be super convenient, and I’d do it if we weren’t coming from Universal - and if I weren’t coming from Beach Club club level just a week before that.
I checked in with someone I've rented from before, but no BCV or BWV studios for my date. I was able to grab a Priceline Express for the Dolphin though, so very happy about that. Will check in the 9th for pool time, dinner at Il Mulino, and GotG the next day, then head home. It's so easy now that we are retired and live less than two hours from Disney for most of the year. What a great bonus trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter