Got COVID-19 during first home resort visit :-(

Have you been there a while? I was there (Disney) from 6/15-6/20 and am feeling fine but keep freaking myself out that “maybe my throat does have a tickle” and “maybe I do feel warm” even though I think I’m in the clear?!

I am sorry you are sick and I hope you feel better soon. It’s never fun to be sick on vacation.

I caught the fever and chills flu while at WL many years ago, and couldn’t get out of bed (except to crawl to the bathroom) for three days. I was there solo, and had been assigned an accessible room with a roll in shower that had a seat, and the room had grab bars everywhere. Someone was really looking out for me when that room was assigned. To this day, I make sure I pack OTC meds and the makings for tea, because I needed them so badly on that trip and didn’t have them.

Thanks friends. I was feeling fine yesterday morning but then felt weird during Everest, which is normal for me because I don’t like going backwards.

Felt okay during the day but by the end of the evening I knew something was up. I hope I didn’t get anyone else sick. I always wear my mask at indoor attractions.

We went to MM, Universal on Saturday, Magic Kingdom on Sunday, and Animal Kingdom/HS yesterday.

First time getting it. Vaxxed and boosted last November.

We are checking out tomorrow and checking into BLT. Then checking into VB on Friday. I also have to drive back to Ohio on Saturday. What a mess. I called MS and they can’t get me rooms here at WL or at BLT or VB so I don’t have to move as much. I plan to let the front desk know about the positive test so they can clean accordingly.

I am sorry you are sick and I hope you feel better soon. It’s never fun to be sick on vacation.

I caught the fever and chills flu while at WL many years ago, and couldn’t get out of bed (except to crawl to the bathroom) for three days. I was there solo, and had been assigned an accessible room with a roll in shower that had a seat, and the room had grab bars everywhere. Someone was really looking out for me when that room was assigned. To this day, I make sure I pack OTC meds and the makings for tea, because I needed them so badly on that trip and didn’t have them.
That sounds horrendous.

Thanks friends. I was feeling fine yesterday morning but then felt weird during Everest, which is normal for me because I don’t like going backwards.

Felt okay during the day but by the end of the evening I knew something was up. I hope I didn’t get anyone else sick. I always wear my mask at indoor attractions.

We went to MM, Universal on Saturday, Magic Kingdom on Sunday, and Animal Kingdom/HS yesterday.

First time getting it. Vaxxed and boosted last November.

We are checking out tomorrow and checking into BLT. Then checking into VB on Friday. I also have to drive back to Ohio on Saturday. What a mess. I called MS and they can’t get me rooms here at WL or at BLT or VB so I don’t have to move as much. I plan to let the front desk know about the positive test so they can clean accordingly.
I hope you get well soon. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated ❤️

That sounds horrendous.
The worst part was not being able to walk or stand because I was so dizzy. I was so thankful to be able to sit in the shower. I remember when they finally came in to do housekeeping after not letting them in for a few days, they were dressed in those paper hazmat suits with masks.

At least it wasn’t a norovirus.

I should probably skip these Claws that are in the fridge.

On a positive note, the resort is beautiful. We have a two bedroom. It is a corner too so the one bedroom lock off has an extra bump out. The one bedroom side has a little mini kitchen.

Ugh, so sorry to read this. I've seen so many posts with people getting it while on vacation there. Honestly surprised to hear they're still having you change resorts vs isolate in the same room for a few days.

Ugh, so sorry to read this. I've seen so many posts with people getting it while on vacation there. Honestly surprised to hear they're still having you change resorts vs isolate in the same room for a few days.
Me too. There were no rooms for points or cash.

I'm really sorry. We just got back on Friday, and my husband tested positive on Sunday. It's definitely still out there. We're both vaxxed and boosted, and were among the few wearing masks on our flights and at certain indoor attractions. Luckily, it's been pretty mild for him so far. I somehow have managed to avoid it thus far.

I hope you can enjoy that beautiful villa and spend lots of quality time on the balcony. Feel better soon.

Caught covid at the key west airport a few weeks ago. My neighbors were at Disney the same week and they all caught covid there. It is literally everywhere.

I just got off the Disney Fantasy on Saturday and tested positive yesterday. So sorry you are dealing with this while still on vacation.

I just got it in Branson MO. Got my booster in November and I think it’s efficacy has worn off. Sorry you got it but at least you have a fabulous room for the night!

I’m starting to wonder how does Disney keep their parks adequately staffed if so many people are getting sick at the parks? Most of their staffs aren’t wearing masks and characters have been doing meet and greets….do they allow sick employees to still go to work? 😵‍💫

I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this on vacation. I tested positive for Covid yesterday and I have not been to WDW since mid May. I came back with a cold from that trip but I tested negative. It's everywhere right now - I haven't been anything except grocery stores near me so I most likely caught it from one of them. So far my symptoms are mild.

My parents were at WDW the first two weekends of June and both of the tested positive after the second weekend. After reading this thread and a few others, it seems like a lot of people are testing positive after a Disney trip. I hope you get better soon and try to enjoy the rest of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter