got back from the World and ds brought back unwanted souviner..Flu

Claw

Earning My Ears
Left WDW Wednesday and ds started with throat hurting and headache on way home. Pediatrician said they have seen several cases with people that have came back from WDW with influenza A. It puts a damper on Christmas but we had a good time while we were there. It was crowded and busses seemed unusually slow. Also didn't see as many cast members cleaning or restroom attendants and it Waac evident. But it had been 5 years since our last trip

That's horrible. My wife got sick while on a trip a few years ago. Spent about 3 days of our trip in our room. Since then we're pretty proactive about washing hands, and using hand cleaning gel pretty regularly throughout the day. Who knows if it really makes a huge difference, but can't hurt. Glad y'all at least had a good trip!!

It's that time of year when people get sick, especially in crowds. Did a doctor diagnose Influenza A? It's a bird disease, extremely rare in humans.

It's that time of year when people get sick, especially in crowds. Did a doctor diagnose Influenza A? It's a bird disease, extremely rare in humans.

Are you sure? Last year my entire family and I was diagnosed wit Type A flu. It's one of the 2 that are tested for when running the tests and we were told it's the most common.

Are you sure? Last year my entire family and I was diagnosed wit Type A flu. It's one of the 2 that are tested for when running the tests and we were told it's the most common.
The strains of influenza A found in humans are subtypes - H1N1, H1N2, etc., and usually referred to by those subtypes. H1N1 is currently the most common human (and pig) flu, and is considered pandemic right now. The difference is important, because each year the flu vaccine is specifically developed for the most common currently occurring strains.

It's a shame your DS got sick, hope he's feeling better soon. Kids have a way of bouncing back when Santa's on the way. ;) I've become a hand washing fiend at WDW. Before & after meals/snacks, bathroom breaks, etc. I probably average about 2 hrs between hand washings. Still there are germs everywhere when you travel, and I'd say the worst place is an airplane.

Yes dr said influenza A, I came down with bad cold while there but had zinc and kept going ....but he starting feeling sick on 8hr drive home . We sanitized and washed extra diligent but he refused flu vaccine before we went. He will choose wiser next time.

Left WDW Wednesday and ds started with throat hurting and headache on way home. Pediatrician said they have seen several cases with people that have came back from WDW with influenza A. It puts a damper on Christmas but we had a good time while we were there. It was crowded and busses seemed unusually slow. Also didn't see as many cast members cleaning or restroom attendants and it Waac evident. But it had been 5 years since our last trip

Got sick during our previous trip to the World and started coming down with something a few days after returning from our recent trip, and have been sick as a dog ever since. If I had to guess, I probably picked it up on the plane coming back. I hate airplanes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter