Got a good deal on a room for one night through Orbitz

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
Just wanted to share that I got a great deal on a room at La Quinta Inn through Orbitz for one night next month in Atlanta for the night before our Disney on Ice show. I already had like $18 in Orbitz bucks left over from our stay at CSR this past February. I really thought that those would expire before I got to use them. But then Orbitz put in an extra $20 worth of Orbitz bucks into my account, so I had $38 and some change in my account.

So I thought well it would be a good idea if we could just go down the night before, (now I admit, I don't live but like 2 hours away from Atlanta) but our show is at like 10 in the morning, so I thought that would be fun. So I got the room for $67 for 4 people.

Orbitz bucks are a good way to save some money on your Disney resort rooms if you are able to obtain them before hand. I know that I pretty much got one night free this past February at CSR because I had enough in my account.

If you are able to collect the Orbitz bucks through other trips, say business, its a great way to knock a night or two off of your Disney trips.

If you are able to collect the Orbitz bucks through other trips, say business, its a great way to knock a night or two off of your Disney trips.

My DH is diamond at Hilton. Do you know if he were to book his business nights thru Orbitz at Hilton, would he still get the hilton points as well? We take 2 week long trips a year to the beach for free with his hilton points so I don't want to risk not getting those!

He should. It will tell you right there how many Orbitz bucks you can earn on the bookings when you do. But you earn 5% by doing it on your phone, not online. Thats the key.

My DH is diamond at Hilton. Do you know if he were to book his business nights thru Orbitz at Hilton, would he still get the hilton points as well? We take 2 week long trips a year to the beach for free with his hilton points so I don't want to risk not getting those!

Unless something has changed you only earn points booking with Hilton direct you don't earn any booking through a third party. We discovered this when I had our rooms booked through Expedia and I sent an email to HH asking about it when we didn't get any points.

If you book Orbitz thru Ebates you can also get 3% cash back. and use the HOTEL10 code on Orbitz for 10% off.

Unless something has changed you only earn points booking with Hilton direct you don't earn any booking through a third party. We discovered this when I had our rooms booked through Expedia and I sent an email to HH asking about it when we didn't get any points.

That's what my research says as well, so I didn't bother trying to book his business stay thru Orbitz. His HH points add up quick and get us at least 2 full week long resort stays of our choice (usually beachfront is what we pick) per year. Those hold me over between Disney trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter