• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good towels for home use?

Zhoen

FairieVillainMother
Hiya Dis-ies!!!

I used to buy all my towels at the JCP Black Friday sales (waaayyyyy back when,) but the last time I looked a few years ago their quality was awful. Bed Bath and Beyond is gone in my area and was usually not impressive for the price anyway... My most recent towels were BHG from Wallyworld, and they seemed fine, but they are all wearing out now (can't say for sure how long it's been, more than a year, less than 4?) That style isn't even on the website anymore, but I want to say they were about $7 at the time.

... SO...

What are y'all's opinions on where to get decent quality towels these days? I'm not looking for "turkish bath sheets $$$" or anything over the top... I just want towels that aren't sandpaper or tiny that don't cost an arm and a leg (obviously a challenge in the current supply chain/inflationary environment...)

Where are y'all finding things these days?

i just replaced a bunch of towels with bh&g sheared paisley's from wally world-they were at the higher end of the bh&g's that were being sold there-just shy of $11 each. they are super soft and fluffy, very absorbent. dh and ds are raving over them.

my last set of towels (jc penny) were getting kind of off (threads hanging from ends) but they still work fine so they are relegated to hot tub use. they lasted us maybe 5 years which when i think about it seems like the normal lifespan for our household.

My old towels were from JCPenny too and they lasted for a while, but I do agree that the quality has gone downhill. I bought a bunch from Target and they're great for the price. I went in person to buy them and I'm glad I did so I could feel the textures of different ones vs. buying them online.

Target has good towels.

This is one of those things, though, that I fully replace every 2 years or so. Towels do not last forever and they are cheap enough to be considered semi disposable, IMO. I buy towels in the $20 range and get rid of them after a couple years. I keep pool towels a lot longer, but bath towels get replaced pretty frequently in our house.

We've found Target to have good quality towels at a reasonable price. I prefer the Threshold Performance towels as they're absorbent. They've held up better than those that I've purchased in past years from Bed Bath and Beyond, JCPenney, and Kohl's.

I just bought new towels about 6 months ago. I got the Threshold ones from Target and they are very nice. After I bought them, I did see some at Coscto that looked nice in the color I wanted, but didn't buy them since I had just bought the Target ones.

I just bought new towels about 6 months ago. I got the Threshold ones from Target and they are very nice. After I bought them, I did see some at Coscto that looked nice in the color I wanted, but didn't buy them since I had just bought the Target ones.

Costco towels (the Charisma brand) always fade terribly. They are never even close to the same color they were when new, after a few washes. I've stopped buying them.

Costco towels (the Charisma brand) always fade terribly. They are never even close to the same color they were when new, after a few washes. I've stopped buying them.
Thanks for the info. I’m glad I didn’t buy them.

I got some Members Mark Hotel Premier ones at Sam's Club for my daughter that she seems to like.

Personally, I still have Martex Grand Patrician towels from decades ago that are in good shape. I used to get them at JCPenney - but only places I see selling them now are hotel-focused companies. (Warning - they were never cheap. But they were a good investment over time.)

I used to buy my towels at JCP too. Haven't in many years. I bought BH&G towels from Walmart and I didn't like them. Did not wash well at all. I've been happy with towels from Target and Costco. I also bought a set from Amazon that washed well.

Frontgate.com has great towels and yes, they are also a bit spendy, but I'm still using the same towels I bought in 2010, and they aren't getting all thin and frayed!

Hiya Dis-ies!!!

I used to buy all my towels at the JCP Black Friday sales (waaayyyyy back when,) but the last time I looked a few years ago their quality was awful. Bed Bath and Beyond is gone in my area and was usually not impressive for the price anyway... My most recent towels were BHG from Wallyworld, and they seemed fine, but they are all wearing out now (can't say for sure how long it's been, more than a year, less than 4?) That style isn't even on the website anymore, but I want to say they were about $7 at the time.

... SO...

What are y'all's opinions on where to get decent quality towels these days? I'm not looking for "turkish bath sheets $$$" or anything over the top... I just want towels that aren't sandpaper or tiny that don't cost an arm and a leg (obviously a challenge in the current supply chain/inflationary environment...)

Where are y'all finding things these days?

Threshold towels at Target are good quality. Not sure about the price cuz it’s been a few years. They are very good quality. They were not crazy expensive.

I bought four "quick dry" towels from Walmart last year, and they're still looking /feeling great ... but, then, any towel should still be in near-perfect condition after only a year. Anyway, I really like these "quick dry" towels because they're soft and lightweight, and they have an "up - down" weave that makes them efficient at drying. This morning I picked up a standard terrycloth towel and thought, "Aww, where's my nice, soft towel?"

I can't remember what I paid, but I'm sure they were less than $10 each for standard size ... lots of color choices too.

I'd definitely buy these again.

I bought four "quick dry" towels from Walmart last year, and they're still looking /feeling great ... but, then, any towel should still be in near-perfect condition after only a year. Anyway, I really like these "quick dry" towels because they're soft and lightweight, and they have an "up - down" weave that makes them efficient at drying. This morning I picked up a standard terrycloth towel and thought, "Aww, where's my nice, soft towel?"

I can't remember what I paid, but I'm sure they were less than $10 each for standard size ... lots of color choices too.

I'd definitely buy these again.
Any chance you could post a link? Please? :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter