• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good News, Bad News... Our Dining Reviews!

Wow- what a great review! Thanks for sharing all the details. I wish I hadn't seen this because I have to write one for my trip last week and it won't be this long and good. :)

lmhall2000 said:
You've got my interest really high re: Camp Dolphin and Shula's...I have two options...I can take the kids with us to Yachtsman Steakhouse...or I can do the Camp Dolphin and take dh to Shula's...How did your children like Camp Dolphin? My children are 6, 7 & 9 and have stayed at Neverland at Poly before...and they like it....we all want Daddy to have the best steak on this trip...and I thought the kids would want to eat at a nice restaurant...but if Camp Dolphin was a positive for your kids I might just have to change it up! :) Thanks!
Tara

It's funny you mentioned Yachtsman, because my original plan was to either (a) take the kids with us there, or (b) take kids to Sand Castle Club and just take DH to Yachtsman. But when I did the math (and factored in $30 per hour for 3 kids!) it came up SHula's over and over! How do your kids like "adult dining"? Would they feel "left out" if you went without them, or would they feel "liberated"? We did so many other places on our trip that our kids were relieved to skip finer dining in favor of fun with folks their own age! The food at TUbbi's is your standard kid-fare -- pizza, hot dogs, etc. Normally, we don't let our kids go into video arcades -- we have enough games at home without popping out more quraters! So to them, getting "free" tokens and time to hit the arcade was like manna from heaven. For the craft, they painted these styrofoam airplanes. I think the kids said the staff let them eat "picnic style" on the floor (but that was my 4 yr old talking -- not wholly sure about that!) The staff was very personable, and it wasn't very crowded on our trip (you do need to "reserve a spot, though -- they can "fill up", they say. We just picked a slower night, I guess!)

Hope this info helps -- either way, have a great vacation and report back here! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter