Gone But Not Forgotten – My Family's 10 Days of DDP (with Pictures!) - Updated 4/7

Nothing too exciting for snacks this day.

I had a Diet Coke at DHS during the morning. :drinking1
1 Snack Credit - cost $2.66.

After lunch at Sci-Fi we headed over to Blizzard Beach for the afternoon. We had another great day there - many fun memories that we still laugh at! DS7 wanted the Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. He liked it, but it was F-R-O-Z-E-N. It took about 45 minutes for him to be able to eat it, which meant it he could finally eat it when it was almost time to leave. :rolleyes:
1 Snack Credit – cost $3.73
1004027_1.jpg

We headed back to DHS for their EMH. We ordered 1 chocolate & 1 vanilla shake from Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner. We get them every year. They didn't have the jalapeno pretzels that we get every year though - that was disappointing. :sad2:
2 Snack Credits – cost $4.25 ea = $8.50
1004050.jpg

The family in line in front of us ordered the Italian Sausages for CS on the DDP. They got a lot of food and after watching, I was wishing I had dinner there instead of Pepper Market!

The last thing we had was another box of Disney popcorn. Yum! popcorn::
1 Snack Credit – cost $3.46
1004049.jpg

..........................................................Daily............Trip.............Balance of
................Snacks......CS...........TS...........Total...........Total..........DDP
Day 1........00.00.......50.59........107.53......158.12........158.12........1225.95.......No snacks, CS - Pizzafari, TS - 'Ohanas
Day 2........20.67.......61.81........119.24......201.72........359.84........1024.23.......Snacks - 2 Dole Whips, 2 pretzels, 1 Mickey bar, CS - Cosmic R, TS - CM's
Day 3.........9.04........46.67.......118.18......173.89........533.73...........850.34......Snacks - Chocolate eclair, soda, popcorn, CS - Starring Rolls & PP, TS - MM's
Day 4.........3.49........57.03.......167.93.......228.45.......762.18...........621.89......Snacks - Kaki Gori, CS - Tangeriene Cafe, TS - LeCellier
Day 5........17.98........00.00.......113.82.......131.80.......893.98...........490.09......Snacks-2 pretzels, froz banana, water, soda, CS-none, TS-Yak & Yeti
Day 6........18.35........99.27.......000.00.......117.62.....1011.60...........372.47......Snacks-soda, popcorn, 2 shakes, froz lemonade, CS-2 brkfst & 4 dinner @ PM, TS-none

We were in the Cabanas also -building 8B. I had requested 8A with 8B being my second choice. We had a parking lot view, but that wasn't a big deal. There was no noise and I "liked" being able to see which buses we had just missed. We met a lot of nice people by the pool and on the bus - I wonder if we talked to you ever? Also, Kathy does a great job with the CSR thread! She deserves a lot of credit!

One of the college basketball teams (Pittsburgh?) arrived on Tuesday and that was cool. We never saw or heard them, other than their arrival when we were outside walking and they stayed in Bldg 9A.

Pepper Market was such an asset to CSR. It was very disappointing to see what happened to their menu and food in one year.

We were in 9A...upgraded to a water view which was really nice. We had the quiet pool right in front of our window that we never used because the kids loved the main pool wasy too much! We may have spoken...the people at the pool and around the resort were very nice!

Kat is amazing at maintaining the CSR thread...her love for the resort is one of the main reasons I chose to stay there! :)

This was our first family vacation to WDW (I had been as a teen but my hubby and kids had never been) and first stay on WDW property so I have no idea how PM use to be...all I know is this time around it was :sad1:!

I am in!!! You are doing a GREAT job! Our 2010 trip is planned for Nov. 20-27. Can you please tell me more about the weather and the crowds. I know you mentioned it but now I canot find it:) your reviews make me missed DISNEY so much!!!!

One more question....were you offered a bounceback offer???? If so can you please tell me what is was!:thumbsup2:wizard:

yum! love the milkshakes:thumbsup2 last time we went we had the cheese pretzel, not as good as we hoped :confused3 i looked for it everyday and got it on the last day. maybe i should try it again! :banana:

I did make the tshirts. They have a great thread at the bottom of the DIS forms in the Just For Fun area called Creative DISigns. There are people who love designing shirts, autograph cards, tip envelopes etc. They design them and then you size them to your tshirt needs, print them at home from your printer onto iron-on sheets, iron them on and enjoy your custom tshirts! I bought cheap t-shirts from Michaels. I made a ton of them for our trip in 2008 - 21 to be exact. I wonder now what the heck I was thinking! But, once you got the hang of it, it was lots of fun and I was really proud of myself.

What kind of transfer paper works best...product reviews do not sound good

I will answer this as it's my honest opinion, I use Amy's transfers. She has a thread on the design board a little farther down from here. They are the best transfers and she is quick to mail them out:) Good luck

We were up and at park opening again and did TSM and other favorites. DS7 got to be part of the Green Army men show. I love that the CM’s at Disney are so into their roles. It makes everything so much more special.

We had a 12:05 pm ADR at Sci-Fi’s. We rushed over from the Beauty & the Beast Show (which I require the family to see every year!) While I checked at 12:05 pm, DH got fast-passes to Star Tours –our yearly plan. We must have waited 15-20 minutes. We saw many people without ADR’s try to get in and they were all turned away. DH and I were surprised that so many would come down the week of Thanksgiving and not have a plan.

We were seated at a car and Brenda was our server. I don’t recall anyone sitting behind us. I have to say that our family loves this restaurant! The boys love it because of the short cartoons / movie clips and I love it because it is the quietest dinner of the week. It is like having one hour of quiet time in the middle of the park. :goodvibes

Here’s our family in the traditional car pose. DS7 had to get on his knees so we could see him over the bar.
1004015_1.jpg

We were paying OOP for this meal as it always comes out cheaper than any of the other dinners. Both DH & DS7 ordered Vanilla Cokes and had refills. They love them!! $3.19 ea.
1001034.jpg

I had a Diet Coke - $2.69, and I’m sure DS7 picked out something strange as usual that was included in the kid’s meal. No pict's.

DS7 ordered the Bacon-Cheeseburger with French Fries - $12.99. He was quiet and chowed it down.
1004012_1.jpg

1001042.jpg

DH ordered the Reuben with French Fries - $11.99. This was the 2nd year he’s ordered this and loved it both times. This is the 2nd year I’ve taken a bad picture of it.
1004010_1.jpg

I ordered the Mushroom Swiss Burger - $12.99 and I substituted onion rings for the French fries for an additional $2.29. The burger was great and so were the onion rings!
1004014_1.jpg

I might have eaten an onion ring or two before taking this picture. ;)

DS7 ordered the Kid’s Mac & Cheese with Tomato Soup - $5.84. He ate it with no complaints and liked both.
1004011_1.jpg

DS7 also got a dessert with his kid’s meal so he chose the Sundae - $1.75.
1004016_1.jpg

We didn’t order desserts as we were full.

ADR Time: 12:05 pm
Bill Time: 1:15 pm

OOP $ 60.62 plus tip.

We will certainly return! :lovestruc

Here's a picture of DS7's meal from 2008 - the Kid's Pizza meal:
1001035.jpg

Loved the sci fi! Great onion rings!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter