• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

gold annual pass

I can no longer find the comparison chart for AP renewals for DVC (non- Florida resident). The WDW site just keeps ruminating! Anyone have another link? Thanks much.

I can no longer find the comparison chart for AP renewals for DVC (non- Florida resident). The WDW site just keeps ruminating! Anyone have another link? Thanks much.

If you are just looking for pricing:

WDW DVC AP Pricing (2015-10-04).jpg

I want to renew my pass. We have PAP, and I need to go during NYE period, and I do not want water parks next year, most of our stays are at the Beach Club. What should I expect to pay?

I want to renew my pass. We have PAP, and I need to go during NYE period, and I do not want water parks next year, most of our stays are at the Beach Club. What should I expect to pay?
The Platinum Pass is equivalent to the former Annual Pass (AP)
The Platinum Plus Pass is equivalent to the former Premium Annual Pass (PAP)
The Gold Pass is new and includes some blockout dates (Christmas/NYE and Easter)

Since you don't want the Water Parks and need NYE, you would need to renew as a Platinum Pass which is currently $549 plus tax.

Very frustrating to be forced to pay for a service you do not want - photopass. As a DVCer , I do not want to have to pay for photo pass. I have never purchased it and now my family of 4 all have this cost added to the AP (along with new black out dates). Once again, price increases with reduced services.

Very frustrating to be forced to pay for a service you do not want - photopass. As a DVCer , I do not want to have to pay for photo pass. I have never purchased it and now my family of 4 all have this cost added to the AP (along with new black out dates). Once again, price increases with reduced services.

What about the people that don't need free parking buy "pay" for it in the Gold Pass. What about people that only like MK, but "pay" for all 4 parks in the Gold Pass? I for one like the photo pass, and would never use the free parking. You can't please everyone all of the time.

What about the people that don't need free parking buy "pay" for it in the Gold Pass. What about people that only like MK, but "pay" for all 4 parks in the Gold Pass? I for one like the photo pass, and would never use the free parking. You can't please everyone all of the time.
This is a specific increase in the cost of the product to include this. It also is included for every AP holder when, if you want to pay for a photo pass, only one family member need to purchase it (and "choose" when they want to purchase it). It is an add on that is being forced as an increase (not a "throw in").

This is a specific increase in the cost of the product to include this. It also is included for every AP holder when, if you want to pay for a photo pass, only one family member need to purchase it (and "choose" when they want to purchase it). It is an add on that is being forced as an increase (not a "throw in").

Yes, this year. But someone that is buying it for this first time this year or buying it next year isn't paying an increase. They are simply buying an AP that has various benefits. They will likely not use all of them. Lots of things get added and removed. The AP price represents the aggregate of those benefits.

Thanks erionm, I was able to buy them today through MS. That means I will able to get FPs for our NYE visit.

We are planning a trip for next summer and I was planning to get everyone in my family an 8-day park hopper through Undercover Tourist - and also planning to buy the Memory Maker. The cost per person would be $587 ($418 for the pass and $169 for the advance purchase). However, I'm thinking I could get one Gold Pass for a few dollars less ($585 with DVC discount), which eliminates my need to purchase a Memory Maker. The blackout dates are not an issue for us. A couple of questions...

First... Are the "unlimited Photopass downloads" essentially the same benefit as purchasing Memory Maker?
Second... Can I purchase the park hopper through Undercover Tourist now (to take advantage of Amex promotion - which would save me an extra $30) and then upgrade to a DVC Gold Pass at WDW? Anyone know how much that would cost?
Third... If I can upgrade to the Gold Pass at WDW, will it immediately provide the photopass benefit? In other words, I would not have to worry about purchasing the Memory Maker in advance.

Hoping an expert can offer me some advice!

Last edited:
We are planning a trip for next summer and I was planning to get everyone in my family an 8-day park hopper through Undercover Tourist - and also planning to buy the Memory Maker. The cost per person would be $587 ($418 for the pass and $169 for the advance purchase). However, I'm thinking I could get one Gold Pass for a few dollars less ($585 with DVC discount), which eliminates my need to purchase a Memory Maker. The blackout dates are not an issue for us. A couple of questions...

First... Are the "unlimited Photopass downloads" essentially the same benefit as purchasing Memory Maker?
Second... Can I purchase the park hopper through Undercover Tourist now (to take advantage of Amex promotion - which would save me an extra $30) and then upgrade to a DVC Gold Pass at WDW? Anyone know how much that would cost?
Third... If I can upgrade to the Gold Pass at WDW, will it immediately provide the photopass benefit? In other words, I would not have to worry about purchasing the Memory Maker in advance.

1. Yes same as memory maker-get all rides photos/videos plus ones taken by photo pass photographers. As long as other members of family are linked properly in MDE as family and friends you can see and download all pics not just ones taken with the AP.

2. Yes unless they change current policies. We had discounted tickets from AAA upgraded in May to the DVC annual pass (which I then upgraded to DVC gold for photo pass access in Oct). The cost is based on the current difference in gate costs between the pass you want and the tickets you have so make sure to check that out prior to the upgrade. It is called price bridging and you must use the ticket at least once prior to the upgrade to lock in the current gate price for the ticket you have.

3.Yes it is immediate. I upgraded from the regular DVC pass my first day of vacation (after having pictures taken) and once they converted my pass I was immediately able to see and download the photos via MDE app.

1. Yes same as memory maker-get all rides photos/videos plus ones taken by photo pass photographers. As long as other members of family are linked properly in MDE as family and friends you can see and download all pics not just ones taken with the AP.

2. Yes unless they change current policies. We had discounted tickets from AAA upgraded in May to the DVC annual pass (which I then upgraded to DVC gold for photo pass access in Oct). The cost is based on the current difference in gate costs between the pass you want and the tickets you have so make sure to check that out prior to the upgrade. It is called price bridging and you must use the ticket at least once prior to the upgrade to lock in the current gate price for the ticket you have.

3.Yes it is immediate. I upgraded from the regular DVC pass my first day of vacation (after having pictures taken) and once they converted my pass I was immediately able to see and download the photos via MDE app.

Thank you so much!!! You gave me all of the answers I need!

I have to tell you - it may upset you to look at it this way, but I'm sure that isn't how it was. It was probably more a case of

Exec #1: "Let's raise the prices and add blackout dates"
Exec #2: "People might not like that - we might lose people"
Exec #1: "OK - then let's throw in free Photopass"
Exec #2: "Sounds good - that doesn't cost us anything anyways"

In other words, the price increase was gonna come, they just threw the Photopass in on top to soften the blow for some. For you it didn't.

Memory Maker is not per person. So you would pay ($418 * the number of guests) + $169. Do not multiply the 169 by the number of guests. The new AP setup does essentially have you pay per person...which I DO NOT like.

While we are discussing Memory Maker - we just purchased Annual Gold Passes - how do we get memory maker or link it ? Is it linked to our passes or ? I have added the passes to our My Disney experience to set up fast passes, but I don't know how or when to set up memory maker ?

Thanks in advance.

Memory maker is what they call the product guests buy that give them unlimited access to their photopass photos for a particular vacation (I think it is valid for 30 days once activated). With the new AP you have unlimited access to your photopass photos for the whole year. There is nothing to setup ahead of time other than your MDE account. You can access them and download them right from the MDE app or the website. As long as you are logged in you can see them all under the photopass section of the app.

While we are discussing Memory Maker - we just purchased Annual Gold Passes - how do we get memory maker or link it ? Is it linked to our passes or ? I have added the passes to our My Disney experience to set up fast passes, but I don't know how or when to set up memory maker ?

Thanks in advance.
Memory Maker is a separate product and is un-necessary if you have one of the new passes that includes PhotoPass downloads.

The Disney PhotoPass website is tied to the profile of your Disney Account. So you only need to link a pass to MDE that includes the PhotoPass download option to be able to download eligible photos from MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.

So if I buy gold passes that includes all pictures so I would not need memory maker correct?

Memory Maker is not per person. So you would pay ($418 * the number of guests) + $169. Do not multiply the 169 by the number of guests. The new AP setup does essentially have you pay per person...which I DO NOT like.

If my understanding is correct, I would pay $418 per MYW pass, then the cost of upgrading one of those passes to a Gold AP... which is less than $169. Since the Gold Pass includes photopass, I would not have to purchase a separate Memory Maker. Is that right, or am I missing something?

So if I buy gold passes that includes all pictures so I would not need memory maker correct?
If you purchase either the Platinum Plus, Platinum or Gold Pass, you get unlimited downloads of your PhotoPass pictures. Memory Maker is not necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter