Going on honeymoon and need some help

shadowcat

Earning My Ears
Like the title stated we are going to be going to DW on the 31st of March to April 14th. We will be staying at the Pop Century resort and are on a budget. We would like to know some inexpensive places to eat for breakfast and lunch and also any information anyone can give to two first timers going to DW.

Thank you in advace.

Congratulations!

For a lot of great money-saving tips, I love www.mousesavers.com That site has saved me a heck of a lot of money during our trips. These boards are also good.

For menus with prices, check www.allearsnet.com They also have lots of other info to look through.

Enjoy! :flower:

Make sure you gt a set of Bride and Groom Ears and wear them. You will be pleasantly surprised about what may happen in the parks and restaurants.

Welcome & congrats!!

There are so many great places to eat & one of the best ways to experience them is to share meals. We do this all the time & many will even split the meals in the kitchen for you. Have a wonderful honeymoon!

I have a few tips having disneymooned myself...

First off, do you have MYW tickets or AP tickets? If even one of you has an AP ticket you can pay $50 to get a DDE card and use that to get 20% of your sit-down meals. That alone could mean huge savings for a 2-week trip.

Also, I'd plan to use Pop's food court or bring some food from home for breakfast. Seemed to work very well for us, although we're not big breakfast eaters anyway.

I'd plan to have sit-down meals at lunchtime rather than dinnertime since the prices are lower. Besides, it will get you out of the hot afternoon sun too. Then just munch at different counter service locations for dinner.

And like a previous poster said, wear the bride and groom ears. You're not assured of any freebies, but you might be pleasantly surprised with some of the magic. Just don't go in expecting anything, that way you won't be disappointed.

Have fun!!

are you guys big breakfast eaters? the reason I ask is that my FI and I just brought some muffins and cereal (bought a thing of milk at the food court). We wanted to get up and moving in the morning, but then ate lunch right around noon and ate bigger portions for lunch....

A different way to save is to have breakfast and then have a late lunch at a sit down place... luch portions are ofen big enought to make you only want a snack later on and the cost is half that of dinner.

just some ideas

kandmwedding said:
I have a few tips having disneymooned myself...

First off, do you have MYW tickets or AP tickets? If even one of you has an AP ticket you can pay $50 to get a DDE card and use that to get 20% of your sit-down meals. That alone could mean huge savings for a 2-week trip.

Also, I'd plan to use Pop's food court or bring some food from home for breakfast. Seemed to work very well for us, although we're not big breakfast eaters anyway.

I'd plan to have sit-down meals at lunchtime rather than dinnertime since the prices are lower. Besides, it will get you out of the hot afternoon sun too. Then just munch at different counter service locations for dinner.

And like a previous poster said, wear the bride and groom ears. You're not assured of any freebies, but you might be pleasantly surprised with some of the magic. Just don't go in expecting anything, that way you won't be disappointed.

Have fun!!

Sorry don't know what a MYW or AP is. We have tickets that we are able to get into all parks except for the water parks.

shadowcat said:
Sorry don't know what a MYW or AP is. We have tickets that we are able to get into all parks except for the water parks.

MYW stands for Magic Your Way, which I'm guessing is the type of ticket you have. It has many optional add-ons like park hopping and no expiration. APs are annual passes which allows you unlimited access to the parks for one year from the date of issuance. I suggested one of you getting an annual pass because price-wise it's comparable to the 14 day pass and allows you the added benefit of room discounts (if available) and the Disney Dining Experience and other benefits. But if you already have tickets this isn't really an option for you. So, I have a new suggestion. Where did you book your trip? I suggest transferring it to dreamsunlimitedtravel.com. They're travel agents specializing in Disney (they actually sponsor these boards too) who will be able to help you with all your questions and concerns. They don't charge a thing either!! Just go to their website and email them your reservation information and they should be able to take over some of the planning for you. Otherwise, just keep asking away on these boards.

Good luck!!

Are you driving or flying? If you are driving, you can take more snacks and bfst. food. If you like cereal, I found individual cereal bowls at Walmart that you can just add milk directly to the bowl. That and honeybuns or cereal bars could save $ for bfst. plus get you to the parks earlier. You are on your honeymoon!--eat bfst. in the room! Save your money for nice, romantic dinners seeing fireworks.
Buffets seem expensive especially if you normally do not always get appetizers and dessert. Go to non-buffets and split dinner or order appetizers only (some are big enough for a meal).

Here is what we have done in the past. Very similar to what others have suggested!
There is a grocery store right off disney property called goodies. We normally go in there and stock up for breakfast and things like pop for times we know we will be in the room or at the hotel. OR...we take a small extra suitcast (carryon size) and pack it full of food and pop/drinks and then we use the extra suitcast to pack the things that we bought, if any. Splitting meals isn't allowed at the buffets but you can always split meals at the parks by buying one burger and fry and splitting a large drink. They give you pretty good size portions anyway so it should be more than enough to last you a while!
And a definite yes on the bride and groom hats!!! My husband and I had them for our honeymoon and if not anything else, it was fun and people do pay attention!
You will figure it out once you get there! There is always a way to work through it!

Gina ::MinnieMo

I'd have two suggestions: 1. Seriously consider adding the Magic Your Way Dining Plan to your reservation. For only $35 per person per day you get to eat at one table service restaurant, one counter service restaurant and get one snack per day. More than 100 disney restaurants are on the list. Disney prices are VERY high and this way you could eat at some of the most expensive (and romantic) restaurants at Disney World for a really great value. (You can even order the most expensive things on the menu for that price!) Details on this plan are here: http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/discounts/myw.shtml

2. There's a McDonald's actually near the All Star resorts (on the road between there and Animal Kingdom Lodge).

Congratulations, and have fun!

Tahnk you for the info. We will be flying in and getting a car and will be stopping we have decided for breakfast foods that we can eat in the room. Also I see that several people have mentioned the bride and groom hats/ears and that things happen when you wear them. Can anyone please tell me what happens or has happended to them. The suspence is killing me.

Thank you all again.

shadowcat said:
Also I see that several people have mentioned the bride and groom hats/ears and that things happen when you wear them. Can anyone please tell me what happens or has happended to them. The suspence is killing me.

Here's what the ears got us:

*Free desserts
*Better seating at shows and restaurants
*Rides by ourselves (we had our own log on Splash Mtn)
*Free park pics (we were stars of the day at MGM and got a pic in front of sorceror mickey's hat)
*Balloons and signed picture in our room
*Free champagne on the flight (we were holding our ears and the attendant asked about it)
*$20 from a guest to get ourselves a drink (very nice guest that we happened to be chatting with!!)
*Lots of congratulations and well wishes!!

Keep in mind though, you don't always get freebies. It totally depends on the cast member and on their availability, but you always get lots of congratulations. We even got congrats on subsequent trips because we were wearing our bride and groom pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter