Going on attractions before park 'officially' opens?

4leobeans

Mouseketeer
i was reading a thread on the restaurant board about a PPO breakfast at BOG, and that got me thinking.....

All our MK days, the park is open at 9am - it closes early two those nights for a Halloween party. I don't know if the hours in the fall are usually earlier than 9, but assuming no, I've made a breakfast ADR at BOG for 8:15. When we go into the park, can we ride anything (for instance 7DMT or PP flight) before the park officially opens, or will we not be let into the que?

Thanks!

I don't know how they do things now that they're letting everyone in to the hub before park opening but last time I went if you had a PPO BOG breakfast and the park opened at 9, we were done eating by 8:50 and usually got to ride 7dmt over and over again until 9:00. That was the ONLY thing we were allowed to have access to, however.

I was just there a month ago and had reservations at 8:00 at BOG. The CMs held everyone back until the opening show at the hub ended. There was no one allowed past the ropes and on any rides or get in line until then. As soon as the sound (I think it was a cannon or firework or whatever) at the end of the show on the stage, they let you go. Since the crowd is "let loose" so much closer to the actual rides than before when the opening ceremonies were by the entrance to the park, you don't have much time to do anything other than one ride before the crowds catch up to you. We were able to do Peter Pan and then walk right on It's a Small World and then got on Winnie the Pooh with a 5-8 minute wait before the rides started to build up lines. Conversely, on an earlier trip a month before that we did not have a PPO reservation but did arrive at rope drop. On that day by the time we got to Peter Pan there were some people in front of us (although minimal wait time overall) and then waited 10+ minutes to get on Winnie the Pooh right after.
So, basically, a PPO reservation will get you maybe one extra ride before the crowds catch you but you will not be able to get on anything until actual rope drop.

I had a PPO ADR at BOG last month and after we finished eating, we could ride 7DMT, starting about 8:45ish. We had time to ride it twice before the crowds at opening show were let loose

In my experience you can leave the restaurant and get in line, but they don't start the rides until opening (or a few minutes before). It's worth it to just get in line.

Okay, thanks everyone.

I was trying to determine if we should use one of our fp+ for either ride, or we were likely to get in before too heavy of crowds. We went last year, and got a fp for 7DMT, but the lines were so ridiculous, that's the only time we went on....my kids were disappointed not to ride more. Sounds like we may get one ride in after breakfast....

It sounds like it really varies whether they allow you on early or not to 7DMT. We had BOG 8:00am ADR on March 16. There was a line formed at the Fast Pass line for 7DMT with the ADR people. We were able to ride 3 times before the rope drop crowd arrived. It was amazing!

I can't speak to riding before actual park open but I will tell you the weeks we were there last year the park opened at 8 most days and had a few 7am EMH. That was October 21 through Nov 3. I noticed you mentioned going in the fall and wanted to give you a heads up. Sometimes those PPO ADRs don't always work out as a "head start".

This! Yes, someone finally mentioned it! @4leobeans you really have to keep up with the calendars as they are not complete at this time and even when you're finally there be sure to check MDE before you retire and again first thing when you get up as hours can change overnight.

This! Yes, someone finally mentioned it! @4leobeans you really have to keep up with the calendars as they are not complete at this time and even when you're finally there be sure to check MDE before you retire and again first thing when you get up as hours can change overnight.

Thanks for the heads up! I will be diligent about this!

We had PPOs for both BOG and GG. We were on 7DMT and Soaring (respective days of course) before park opening. Maybe 10 minutes prior.

ETA: We were there last September.

@4leobeans Hi!
Have you considered an Extra Magic Morning if they have one while you're visiting?
It was soooo worth it for us!
And breakfast is included and was delicious!

This :thumbsup2 We did Early Morning Magic last August and are booked to go again this August. We had several rides on SDMT, grabbed juice at Pinocchio's, then rode Pooh and Peter Pan many times. We grabbed a couple of different rides at 9:00am when everyone was going to SDMT and Peter Pan, then had a leisurely (and delicious) breakfast at Pinocchio's. We can't wait to go again. I think that this is the most likely way for you to get multiple rides on SDMT and Peter Pan.

@4leobeans Hi!
Have you considered an Extra Magic Morning if they have one while you're visiting?
It was soooo worth it for us!
And breakfast is included and was delicious!

This :thumbsup2 We did Early Morning Magic last August and are booked to go again this August. We had several rides on SDMT, grabbed juice at Pinocchio's, then rode Pooh and Peter Pan many times. We grabbed a couple of different rides at 9:00am when everyone was going to SDMT and Peter Pan, then had a leisurely (and delicious) breakfast at Pinocchio's. We can't wait to go again. I think that this is the most likely way for you to get multiple rides on SDMT and Peter Pan.

Uh....what?! I don't even know what these are....I guess I'd better look into it! Sounds like it would be a great idea :thumbsup2. We will be at MK for three days at end of September/early October. I've got two early breakfasts booked, but will look into this option. I never pay attention to the extra magic hours, because, well, my family is slow in the mornings, and too small for the evening ones. Thanks for the suggestions!

Uh....what?! I don't even know what these are....I guess I'd better look into it! Sounds like it would be a great idea :thumbsup2. We will be at MK for three days at end of September/early October. I've got two early breakfasts booked, but will look into this option. I never pay attention to the extra magic hours, because, well, my family is slow in the mornings, and too small for the evening ones. Thanks for the suggestions!

Early Morning Magic at the Magic Kingdom (extra magic hours are different) is a separate ticketed event. From 7:45-9:00am you can ride SDMT, Pooh, Peter Pan over and over. It says these three rides (but when we were there they also opened the tea cups and carousel). You can have breakfast (fruit, yogurt, sausages - both pork and chicken, pastries, eggs, vegetable frittata, OJ, milk, yogurt drinks...) at Pinocchio's until 10:00am. It was really good.
Expensive, but worth it to us to get on multiple rides. We only go once a year and it's a fun splurge. Last year we were at Contemporary, so a short walk over. This year we're at POP Century and will have to get up super early - we'd hate to be late arriving to this ticketed event. My teen DD's can be difficult to get up most mornings, but not at Disney :goodvibes Good luck deciding if it's right for you and your family :-)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/

Wonder how that works the last 2 weeks. EMH every day at 7AM for MK.
They don't have it during EMH, if the park is open, even for resort guests only, there is no EMM.
It's similar to MNSSHP and MVMCP in that the park is closed to everyone else, and you must have a ticket to be there. Of course it's nowhere near the size and scope of the parties.
It has VERY limited ticket sales. We rode Pooh, Peter Pan, the Carousel and then hit 7DMT ELEVEN times! You don't even have to line up again, you just keep getting off and back on. There were a few times we were the only 2 on the entire train! We also were able to hit BTMRR twice as we were 2nd in line and made it off and back on before the rope drop crowd. It helps that you are deep into Frontierland, the crowd from RD doesn't make it there as fast. We could have ridden Splash as well, but that ship has sailed for us old fogies!
It was so worth it, especially considering breakfast was included. Excellent buffet choices.

Last edited:
Considering EMM for our next trip. Can you arrive at the buffet anytime prior to 10 AM ? Meaning if we showed up at the buffet at 9:45 AM could we enjoy a 30 minute breakfast until 10:15 or would we be expected to leave at 10 AM ?

Considering EMM for our next trip. Can you arrive at the buffet anytime prior to 10 AM ? Meaning if we showed up at the buffet at 9:45 AM could we enjoy a 30 minute breakfast until 10:15 or would we be expected to leave at 10 AM ?
We did EMM at both MK and HS, at MK (Pinocchio's Village Haus) there was more food and even though they stopped serving at a little after 10, no one was asked to leave. They did start cleaning up but it didn't in any way feel rushed. At HS however, they really seemed to stop before 10, as the juice ran out and butter before 10 am it was not replenished. (It was actually 9:45. We felt kind of short changed as we didn't get there until 9:40 am.
The food was excellent at MK as well!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter