Going in October!

We are going in October as well 26-31st for us. We plan on doing a MHP night and the 29th is my son's 5th birthday. I have been, but this will be a first time trip for both my husband and son. I'm pretty sure I'm more excited than either of them!

Girlfriend and I are going from Oct 21 - 25th. I haven't been in 20+ years, she has never been. We're doing MHP on Thurs and Sunday of that week. We're excited to be dressing up. She is very young at heart and is most looking forward to meeting characters. I want to make sure that we get at least one good seating for the Screams Fireworks and the Parade. Looking forward to the halloween atmosphere, and less lines. I don't think either of us is particularly concerned with getting candy.

We're going to be at DL Oct 9th - 12th. The 12th is our MHP and I'm hoping to surprise my DD with the party. Her Frozen Fever Elsa dress just arrived today. :) Now I need to make my Anna costume in secret, lol.

We officially booked our flight! We will be in the Disney area October 2- October 11. This trip is a gift from my Dad's company for working 30 years with them. My mom, brother, SIL, my husband and our two kids (2&6) for a total group of 8 are all going to Disneyland for the first time. We initially planned the trip to focus on Knott's Berry Farm (we have Cedar Fair Platinum Passes), but now working with our travel agent to find a Disneyland area hotel (hopefully easy walking distance). Since we are coaster fans (and may never get back to the west coast again) we are also looking into a day trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain and Universal Studios Hollywood. Thanks for all the great information on here! Let the dreams begin!

The boyfriend and I are going to be in the area from Oct 21-27. I am so excited to be back :D ..we last came on a one day trip (while I was in SD for work) back around the Easter holiday so we just missed the kick off of the 60th celebration. We are also doing the MHP on the Sunday night so hoping for low crowds as it gets late (assuming locals have work/school the next day).

Halloween Party is fun. Worth it? Everything in Disneyland is costly so "worth it" is all relative :) Those who believe the experience is "priceless" will say it's worth it while others who are more practical (e.g., focus on the cost of candy) probably not. Recommend it if one or one's kids have not gone before. I also find that in general, most parents/kids are polite and have manners when lining up (granted there are many lines)... unlike the first (and last) time I took my son to a local mall for Halloween trick-or-treating. So many rude kids and so many rude parents pushing their kids in front of other kids. I have no problem telling my son about rude kids and how they grow up to become <fill in the blank> in front of the kids and their parents :) We plan on being there for the October 2 party - last night of our 5-night stay. Enjoy!

Hello. New poster here. Hubby and I are going to DL/CA in October, sometime between Oct 20 & 28. Probably for 3 days, including one evening at the Halloween party. We just have to decide soon which days would work best for us with the rest of the things we want to do: Universal, maybe Knott's and Six Flags Magic Mountain, etc.

I've been reading for the past month and decided to sign up. All the information posted here has been very helpful. Thanks to all who gave tips and suggestions.

Hello. New poster here. Hubby and I are going to DL/CA in October, sometime between Oct 20 & 28. Probably for 3 days, including one evening at the Halloween party. We just have to decide soon which days would work best for us with the rest of the things we want to do: Universal, maybe Knott's and Six Flags Magic Mountain, etc.

I've been reading for the past month and decided to sign up. All the information posted here has been very helpful. Thanks to all who gave tips and suggestions.

Welcome! If you can, lock down your dates and purchase your Halloween Party tickets ASAP as 6 of them have already sold out.

The Halloween Super Thread has tons of information on page 1 about sold out dates and other FAQs about the party. - http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...ad-4-6-mhp-nights-now-sold-out.3270919/unread

Sounds like you've got a great trip planned. I always want to make it over to Knotts or Universal but am never willing to sacrifice a Disney day to do it so it has yet to happen! :rotfl:

Welcome! If you can, lock down your dates and purchase your Halloween Party tickets ASAP as 6 of them have already sold out.

The Halloween Super Thread has tons of information on page 1 about sold out dates and other FAQs about the party. - http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...ad-4-6-mhp-nights-now-sold-out.3270919/unread

Sounds like you've got a great trip planned. I always want to make it over to Knotts or Universal but am never willing to sacrifice a Disney day to do it so it has yet to happen! :rotfl:

Yes, I've read that some of the Halloween parties are already sold out. I'm going to make DH finalize our plans by this weekend. Or at least determine which specific days we're going to Disney.

Sorry. Did I reply in the wrong place? I'll go to the link you provided.

It's not that this is the wrong place, but I think we only need one active October thread and the Check-In thread has been more recently active, whereas this one had been dormant for over one month.

Heading down October 24-Nov 1!!! Cannot wait!! Doing MNSSHP on 27th for the first time! Does anyone know what the other parks/WDW Resorts will be like on Halloween Night? Since our HP tix are for that Tuesday, we have Halloween Night open for something fun, but what I'm seeing is that we will be a little limited, since MK will be closed for the party, and of course AK closes at 6 anyway. We are doing HS that morning and afternoon, and I know Epcot can get crazy with the Food and Wine Fest too... but I wanted to do something else special Halloween night, especially since it is also our last night. Any suggestions, advice or ideas about what to do that night would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter