• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going from Deluxe to Pop

We are staying at Pop this year after staying at Wilderness Lodge last year. No bonus at work means cutting back on our hotel (as I won't give up the number of days that we stay). We have stayed at Pop before but my now 6 year old was still in a pack and play. My then 10 year old and I shared a bed and my husband slept by himself. My only hesitation about staying at Pop now is the double bed situation. I am going on a hope and a prayer that the rumored remodel to a queen bed and a murphy bed are true and we will get a renovated room. While I would book Wilderness Lodge over Pop in a heartbeat - it is just not in our budget this year. I can tell you that I am looking forward to the food court at Pop as well as the in your face Disney theme! I am dreading the bed situation and will miss the boat to Magic Kingdom and the "feel" of the Lodge but we will still be in Disney and saving over $2,000 by staying at Pop (we are there for 12 nights).

We are staying at Pop this year after staying at Wilderness Lodge last year. No bonus at work means cutting back on our hotel (as I won't give up the number of days that we stay). We have stayed at Pop before but my now 6 year old was still in a pack and play. My then 10 year old and I shared a bed and my husband slept by himself. My only hesitation about staying at Pop now is the double bed situation. I am going on a hope and a prayer that the rumored remodel to a queen bed and a murphy bed are true and we will get a renovated room. While I would book Wilderness Lodge over Pop in a heartbeat - it is just not in our budget this year. I can tell you that I am looking forward to the food court at Pop as well as the in your face Disney theme! I am dreading the bed situation and will miss the boat to Magic Kingdom and the "feel" of the Lodge but we will still be in Disney and saving over $2,000 by staying at Pop (we are there for 12 nights).

Thank you for your reply!

I've not stayed at Pop, although, the theming looks fun, and I have heard good things about the food court.
My concern, once you have decided that the space works for you, is that they have external doors? Not sure why that bothers me, but, I would be interested as to how others feel about that?

We have stayed at POP twice - once exclusively to fit our budget and the second time (last summer) because we were there with a dance group. The first time (several years ago) our kids were little and we had a great time. The last time my kids were teenagers, so the smaller room and bed were more of an issue. Also our bathroom was dirty, and we really don't care for the outdoor entry.

In all honesty, we were spoiled by staying in a deluxe on our first Disney trip, and it's hard to give up those amenities! Nevertheless, any stay at Disney is magical and I'm sure you will have a fabulous time at POP!

Of course you could always do what we did on our sixth or seventh trip -- join DVC! Now we can always stay in a deluxe - a luxury we certainly couldn't afford now if we had not joined years ago. :)

Every time we try an alternate resort we wish we were back at Pop.

As another poster stated, Value doesn't mean dirty - there is the possibility of cleanliness issues at all level of resorts. If your room isn't satisfactory ask to have it cleaned or to be moved.

Our next stay is for 12 nights in November - we don't even bother trying alternate resorts anymore regardless of the discount codes we're sent. Pop is our WDW Home.

Have a great trip!

We have stayed at POP twice - once exclusively to fit our budget and the second time (last summer) because we were there with a dance group. The first time (several years ago) our kids were little and we had a great time. The last time my kids were teenagers, so the smaller room and bed were more of an issue. Also our bathroom was dirty, and we really don't care for the outdoor entry.

In all honesty, we were spoiled by staying in a deluxe on our first Disney trip, and it's hard to give up those amenities! Nevertheless, any stay at Disney is magical and I'm sure you will have a fabulous time at POP!

Of course you could always do what we did on our sixth or seventh trip -- join DVC! Now we can always stay in a deluxe - a luxury we certainly couldn't afford now if we had not joined years ago. :)

Thank you for your reply!

I just finished booking a spur of the moment trip in April to see the Gin Blossoms at Epcot again. I priced all available resorts and with the passholder discount there are some serious savings to be had. But it will just be my DH & myself and it's only 2 nights. We really loved POP when we've stayed 2x before. I am an X-Files fanatic and their little display in the lobby for the 90's makes me SO happy. I hope you LOVE POP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter