Going from Deluxe to Pop

Runred1893

Earning My Ears
So, this will be our fourth trip to Disney....have stayed at AKL, BWI and CR garden wing. Our last trip was October 2015....looking into booking a last minute trip for May. Due to some home improvement projects, we are looking at Pop. We are rope drop to close people. We are a family of 4....kids are 13 and 8. I keep telling myself it is just a room and it's still a trip to Disney!! Don't really want to stay offsite as we enjoy bring in the bubble! Also keeping my fingers crossed that we could maybe possibly score a renovated room. Thoughts?

The beds are small. That is the biggest issue for us. Other than that it is just a place to sleep and shower if you are in the parks all day.

Thank you for your response. I guess I'm most concerned about the cleanliness of the room. I've read some mixed reviews...

The beds at Pop are double/full size beds. As long as you can all agree to share that size (vs. queens) beds - I think you will be fine. The values have a different vibe than deluxe resorts - and I think "mixing it up" is entertaining in its own way. It also demonstrates adult financial choices to your kids. "Hey - we are spending some extra money on this project at home right now, so vacation isn't going to be quite as glamorous this year." You are still going to Disney in the first place!

Thank you for your response. I guess I'm most concerned about the cleanliness of the room. I've read some mixed reviews...
I've never had a problem at a value with the cleanliness of the room - and if you do - complain and they will fix. Now - I did have stains on an fabric chair at a deluxe last trip! Here's the one thing I like about Disney - you will get a clean room. Occasionally you'll get a room with some nicks on the furniture here and there - but the rooms never look run-down.

We are open to close visitors too and stay at Pop exclusively for the reason that it is clean, safe and cheaper than a moderate or deluxe. We have explained to our kids that instead of spending $$$$$ to stay at a deluxe for 4 days we can do a week or more at Pop and have great dinning experiences with money left over for extras. At 21 now they value the memories more than money spent on our magical adventures.

As others have said, the biggest potential problem would be bed size. If double/full size beds are fine for you and DH and the two kids to share then POP should be fine. We have stayed at all the Disney resort hotels and they are all consistently clean in our experience.

Some of our best vacations have been while staying in a value resort. Especially if you are rope drop to close people, you should really enjoy POP with its significant savings!! Pop is a lot of fun and just across the bridge is AoA for awesome photos!

have a great trip!!!

Than
My room at Pop was pristine the whole stay (as was everything else). Housekeeping was awesome.

Not sure why it should be any different just because it is a value? Value does not mean dirty.

Thank you for your response! :)
I read some recent reviews of mold in the showers on Trip Advisor....

As others have said, the biggest potential problem would be bed size. If double/full size beds are fine for you and DH and the two kids to share then POP should be fine. We have stayed at all the Disney resort hotels and they are all consistently clean in our experience.

Some of our best vacations have been while staying in a value resort. Especially if you are rope drop to close people, you should really enjoy POP with its significant savings!! Pop is a lot of fun and just across the bridge is AoA for awesome photos!

have a great trip!!!

Thank you for your reply! I love the theming at pop and we're excited to be heading back!! :)

We've stayed at the values 7 out of 10 trips, and we haven't had a dirty room. We had mold in our shower at CSR last year, I think it can happen anywhere (shouldn't, but it can and does). As with any Disney hotel, if the room isn't cleaned like it should be, go down to the front desk and ask for it to be taken care of.

We've never had an issue and honestly love Pop. We are staying at Polynesian this trip and, as happy as I am because I love Polynesian, I am looking forward to our next trip to Pop! The rooms have always been clean for us and we actually had a dirty room issue at Polynesian, so it happens everywhere. Especially being busy in the parks RD to close-I would truly bet you will enjoy yourselves!

We've never had an issue and honestly love Pop. We are staying at Polynesian this trip and, as happy as I am because I love Polynesian, I am looking forward to our next trip to Pop! The rooms have always been clean for us and we actually had a dirty room issue at Polynesian, so it happens everywhere. Especially being busy in the parks RD to close-I would truly bet you will enjoy yourselves!

Thank you for your reply!

I had only stayed at Deluxe and Mods until a trip last February. After reading reviews, I had similar concerns and was pleasantly surprised with the resort. I did request a quiet room and enjoyed the view of the lake. The location and fact that the resort does not share a bus made for quick trips to the parks. Disney is awesome no matter where you stay. Have a wonderful vacation.

I had only stayed at Deluxe and Mods until a trip last February. After reading reviews, I had similar concerns and was pleasantly surprised with the resort. I did request a quiet room and enjoyed the view of the lake. The location and fact that the resort does not share a bus made for quick trips to the parks. Disney is awesome no matter where you stay. Have a wonderful vacation.

Thank you for reply. I have read that the buses at pop are pretty good!

We just stayed at Pop this past December, but usually stay at the deluxe resorts ( went for a quick 3 night stay for my daughter to perform and couldn't get a room at the deluxe resorts). Pop was fun the minute we walked in to the lobby. The theming in the lobby is nostalgic! Loved looking at all the decades of pop culture. The rooms were nice and clean, beds were comfy, we really experienced no issues. For us, it was a place to crash! Yes, POP does have its own buses for the parks, but be prepared that when you get down to the bus area and find the park bus that you need to get on, you may have just missed the bus, and will have to wait roughly 20-30 minutes for the next one. The cool thing though is that they have tv screens in a few places that tell you when the next bus for that park will run. Just giving you a heads up so you can plan accordingly time wise. Give yourself plenty of time for bussing. Also, be prepared to walk to the very last row of buses at the parks, and to either have to wait for the next bus if it's too full, or ride an overly full bus to get back to the resort. In all, it wasn't a bad experience staying at POP, but I'll take the deluxe resorts over it any day. Also, request the 59's, 60's, or 70's for a room. It's just a bit closer than the 80's or 90's to the main lobby !

Than

Thank you for your response! :)
I read some recent reviews of mold in the showers on Trip Advisor....

If that happened I would simply call housekeeping and they would take care of it right away. I have never come across mold and I have made 20 plus trips and always have stayed in value resorts except for 2 trips when we stay at Dixie Landings (before they changed the name) and POFQ. I have never once had an issue with cleanliness.

We just stayed at Pop this past December, but usually stay at the deluxe resorts ( went for a quick 3 night stay for my daughter to perform and couldn't get a room at the deluxe resorts). Pop was fun the minute we walked in to the lobby. The theming in the lobby is nostalgic! Loved looking at all the decades of pop culture. The rooms were nice and clean, beds were comfy, we really experienced no issues. For us, it was a place to crash! Yes, POP does have its own buses for the parks, but be prepared that when you get down to the bus area and find the park bus that you need to get on, you may have just missed the bus, and will have to wait roughly 20-30 minutes for the next one. The cool thing though is that they have tv screens in a few places that tell you when the next bus for that park will run. Just giving you a heads up so you can plan accordingly time wise. Give yourself plenty of time for bussing. Also, be prepared to walk to the very last row of buses at the parks, and to either have to wait for the next bus if it's too full, or ride an overly full bus to get back to the resort. In all, it wasn't a bad experience staying at POP, but I'll take the deluxe resorts over it any day. Also, request the 59's, 60's, or 70's for a room. It's just a bit closer than the 80's or 90's to the main lobby !

Thank you for your reply!

Only value I've stayed was Pop, and I really like it. The rooms I've had, have always been clean. If you spend most of your time at the parks, then a value makes perfect sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter