Going back to car while at Epcot?

WriterGina

Mouseketeer
We will be driving at Disney this time around, which is totally new to me. I've always stayed on property and used Disney transportation. Our first day at Epcot, we have dinner reservations at Akershus and I know my daughters will want to dress up in their princess gear. Previously we've done CRT breakfasts and had them dressed up at the beginning of the day, and then stuffed the dresses in a daypack carried by my oh-so-patient DH for the rest of our day in MK.

I'm wondering if, since we'll be parked at Epcot and the kids won't be dressing up until dinnertime, it might make more sense to leave the dresses in the car and have DH make a quick run out to the car to get them pre-dinner? From what I've read, it seems like getting in from the Epcot parking lot is reasonably easy, and this would allow us pretty much not to have a day pack at all. (First time at Disney in ages with no child in diapers--hallelujah!) Thoughts?

I'd agree that going back to the car is easy enough at Epcot. We often walk rather than take the tram from the Epcot parking lot as it seems faster.

As Purple Figment suggests, renting a locker is also a good option.

I third the recommendation to get a locker and save yourself (or your DH) a little time, energy, and walking. The parking lot at Epcot is pretty easy to get to and from, but the tram only runs down the center of the lot, so if you're on the far end of the aisle, it can be quite a hike. (At least, in a hot, humid October mid-afternoon, to me, it seemed like the aisles went on forever! :rotfl:)

Epcot has the closest parking to the entrance gate (especially if you get there before the park opens), but it still could be quite a hike. I would vote for either a locker or getting them comfortable cotton dresses that they will want to wear all day.

Locker. Your husband will really hate making that run to the car. Epcot is a lot of walking anyway and the parking lot is the furthest away from the restaurant. At least get the locker. Or roll the dresses and put them in the back pack. Or , ask yourself, would I want to run to the car while my husband sits with the kids and has a snack/drink break?

Been there...done that at least twice. And I schlepped from the van and back with two princess dresses in tow so that my DDs could be appropriately attired to meet the princesses in Norway or to make sure that the delicate costumes were placed in a location protected from wayward drinks and stroller wheels.

And I didn't mind the extra steps and a few minutes of "me" / quiet time as I walked back and forth. The security folks were great when I came through, I got some good natured teasing. But honestly, I wouldn't pay for the locker and chance that the dress(es) might get crushed. The EPCOT parking lots are the easiest to get back and forth.

One other benefit - the person going back to the van could use the opportunity to "upgrade" your parking spot to something closer to the front. Just saying that I might know a guy who has done that on occasion...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter