Go Home, December. You're Drunk. - A December 2015 TR - COMPLETED

I just hate when people raise their arms because they usual block the face of the person behind them in the ride photo. Our Tower of Terror photo has some dumb broad hand blocking Mark's face, which is a shame because from what tiny sliver of the side of it you can see, it's clear he had a huge smile and was having a great time. It would have been an awesome photo if not for the stupid arm-raiser in front of us! And in our Splash Mountain photo, he and I weren't blocked, but I noticed that child in the front of us got their face blocked by the arm-raising fool in the row in front of them. PEOPLE NEED TO KNOCK THIS OFF. It upsets me. Clearly. :laughing: But on Everest, it looks like the angle makes it so people can raise their arms without blocking the face of the person behind them in the photo. This makes me happy. :goodvibes

This upsets me to, especially since I have small ones so it happens more then one would think. Though my small ones are small enough that on rides like Buzz at MK they get hidden just by the guns, poor kids.

The trip is over, but I am totally following your next trip.

So sad that it is over! But I love the tradition of a departure breakfast. We do that too :) Usually just a quick service, but it makes it so much easier to leave the Disney bubble! This past trip we popped into Epcot for some French pastries and it was fabulous.

After seeing this, though I'm definitely putting Boma pretty high on my list for a future trip!

th

Bahahaha, this made my evening! My mom sings this sometimes, and it is fabulous :D

Not wanting to be late to check-in to our ADR, we said our good-byes, and I lead Mark and Debby downstairs to the podium. We got our pagers and had a seat, and where sitting there waiting when Beth found us again, and suggested we get a picture. And me, in all my tired-brain state was like "A picture? Of what?" And goes, "Of us!" And then it clicked in my head and was like "OMG YES LET'S DO THAT YOU'RE SO SMART I'M SO DUMB." Okay, I probably didn't say that outloud, but I was thinking it! So I handed Debby my phone and she snapped us, and I'm SO HAPPY that she did!

:rotfl2:Can't believe my mom stalked you. Although I am sure it was lucky coincidence that she ran into you again on the way to the pool. I snagged the pic to feature in my TR when the time comes.

Funnily enough my family has a knack for this. On my 2009 trip I was in like for Kaki Gori and the girl in front of me looked so familiar and so I said "Mandy?" She looked so freaked out until I explained that we regularly chatted on the dis and what my screen name was. :laughing: Random dis meets are always fun.

Another time on that same trip we ran into our Dis friend Rosie and we spent the morning touring Epcot together, totally spontaneous!

During a seriously delicious breakfast, we reflected on the trip as a whole, and Mark and Debby seemed to have a great time. And that was really important to me, so it made me happy to feel like the trip had been a successful one!

I'm so glad that they enjoyed their trip.

Sadly I only got to meet Beth, I've forgotten where she said Lessa was that morning! She was positively lovely though, yes! :cutie:

i was off at DHS with the boys. Mom had opted for a lazy day at the pool.

I....am not sure what to say about this but it is freakin' hysterical!!

BOO! NO! IT'S OVER! I DON'T WANNA GO HOME! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

uMxlQ4Th8jYHu.gif

That's pretty much how I woke that morning. But that's how it goes for me on the departure day of every Disney trip!

Yeah :sad: I start dreading the last day on our first day. But I started doing the departure day breakfast ADR a few trips ago and it helps a little.......

Oh, and that's so cool about your Dismeet! I had one on mine and Steve's kid-free trip last March and I tried to meet another Dis-er last month but it didn't work out. So many of you guys I'd love to meet some day :goodvibes

Boo for the trip being over, HOORAY for a bonus DisMeet!! I didn't get pictures of mine last summer, and I was super sad.

I almost licked my screen over the Mickey waffles. That's probably why I never give in and buy the Mickey waffle magnets...because I would try to eat them and chip a tooth.

Absolutely wonderful and entertaining trip report:worship: Just a wonderful read from beginning to end:flower3:

Departure day is always the worst day. I'm so happy you had a wonderful time. Now it's time for me to hop back over to your PTR again.

Ahh I'm behind and now it's over!!

I love everything about your MK day - especially the walk up to Yak and Yeti! But my very favorite thing just might be your picture from EE. Everything about that it just perfection. From the grandma in the back row to the terrified little girl in the front! :rotfl:

Yay for more Epcot! Because is there ever too much Epcot? Dinner at Biergarten looks yummy! Sorry about the awkward seating. We were lucky to have 7 people and get our own table so big parties are good for something! :confused3

I'm so glad that Mark and Debbie stayed around for Illuminations! And what an awesome CM!! :goodvibes

Last day! :( But I know that yummy breakfast at Boma made the leaving just a little easier!

Been following along and thoroughly enjoyed your entire trip report! Both informative and funny- just what I like. I'll be subbing onto your next ptr!

How awesome!! A spontaneous Dismeet!! Love it!!
I know! I was so surprised! :eek:

And of course your breakfast looked awesome and I loved reading your TR....I guess for a while I will have to be content with reading a Billie PTR lol
Billie PTR is where the party's at, baby! :rotfl:

Do people get tired of omelet pictures? Omelet pictures are awesome! (I like omelets)
I love omelets! I never tire of them! :hyper:

I dunno, I have one finger that does something else. I show it to people and they instantly know what I'm thinking.
But ... yeah. And now that you've said that I can't think anything else.
BAHAHA! Okay, now I think I like YOUR interpretation better! :laughing:

That's pretty much exactly me at Disney. Beth makes all the friends, I kinda just stand there being awkward.
Won't we be quite the awkward pair at the Princess 5K, then! :rotfl:

That is awesome!!!! Best seating experience ever!!
YES! I couldn't believe our good fortune! Such a nice CM! :goodvibes

I love this picture! So beautiful!
Thank you! I'm pretty pleased with it! :-)

Yay! It's Boma time!!
AWWWW YEAAAAH! :woohoo:

This is an awesome picture! Yay DISmeet!
But it also makes me nervous for our Princess race. Because when we stop for pictures, I'm going to look super short. I know I'm short, but I'm regular short, I only look super short next to tall people like you.
I guess I'll have to practice running (or fast walking) in heels...
And I'll practice fast walking stooped over! We'll be fine! :rotfl: Perspective is such a funny thing. You think you look super short next to a tall person like me. Meanwhile, when I stand next to a short person, I feel like they are the normal one, and I just look like an OGRE!!! :laughing:

YAY! I'm so excited that Mark and Debby had a good time!
Me too! RELIEVED, also! :faint:

Thanks for sharing your trip - I always love reading about The Adventures of Billie at Disney, even if this was a very different trip than your solo adventures. I'm looking forward to the continued fun on your PTR!
You are so sweet! I'm so glad you're with me virtually on my journeys, Sarah! :hug:

This upsets me to, especially since I have small ones so it happens more then one would think. Though my small ones are small enough that on rides like Buzz at MK they get hidden just by the guns, poor kids.
Awww, the poor littles! I think arm-raising should be BANNED! ::yes::

The trip is over, but I am totally following your next trip.
Hooray, I'm so glad! Don't forget the PTR party, too! :woohoo: Still got over 8 months to go!

So sad that it is over! But I love the tradition of a departure breakfast. We do that too :) Usually just a quick service, but it makes it so much easier to leave the Disney bubble! This past trip we popped into Epcot for some French pastries and it was fabulous.
Since I drive rather than fly, I am usually not beholden to a strict departure day schedule. As such, I discovered years ago that, for me, going to a park on that day is DANGEROUS. I would go in and tell myself "Okay, I am only going to spend the morning here, I need to be on the road by xx:xx time." And what would end up happening is I would just end up staying all day until CLOSE! Then trying to drive the 5 hours home afterwards without falling asleep at the wheel! One year it got so so dicey that I actually pulled over at a truck stop halfway home and took a nap in my car. I swore then NOT to do that to myself anymore. So no parks for me on departure day because I have no self-control. :rotfl: ADRs serve me much better in this capacity!

After seeing this, though I'm definitely putting Boma pretty high on my list for a future trip!
You should! It's delicious! :thumbsup2
:rotfl2:Can't believe my mom stalked you. Although I am sure it was lucky coincidence that she ran into you again on the way to the pool. I snagged the pic to feature in my TR when the time comes.
Haha! No no, you're totally right, she did. I guess instead of phrasing it that she "found" us, it was more that she stumbled upon us. But I'm so glad! I would have been super bummed when I got to this part of the report and realized there was no photo! (And snag away, BTW!) ::yes::

Funnily enough my family has a knack for this. On my 2009 trip I was in like for Kaki Gori and the girl in front of me looked so familiar and so I said "Mandy?" She looked so freaked out until I explained that we regularly chatted on the dis and what my screen name was. :laughing: Random dis meets are always fun.

Another time on that same trip we ran into our Dis friend Rosie and we spent the morning touring Epcot together, totally spontaneous!
Ya'lls spidey sense is STRONG with DisMeets! :rotfl:

I'm so glad that they enjoyed their trip.
Me too! I was so worried! :scared:

i was off at DHS with the boys. Mom had opted for a lazy day at the pool.
That's right, I do remember her saying that now! I really gotta start taking better notes! (Or ANY notes, for that matter...) :sad2:

I....am not sure what to say about this but it is freakin' hysterical!!
We were dying laughing at the table. :rotfl2:

Yeah :sad: I start dreading the last day on our first day. But I started doing the departure day breakfast ADR a few trips ago and it helps a little.......
Gotta ease out of the bubble! It helps me having "one more fun thing" to go do! (And eating is FUN for me!) :laughing:

Oh, and that's so cool about your Dismeet! I had one on mine and Steve's kid-free trip last March and I tried to meet another Dis-er last month but it didn't work out. So many of you guys I'd love to meet some day :goodvibes
If we all sat this obsessed with Disney, I'm sure we'll all eventually cross paths! :goodvibes

Boo for the trip being over, HOORAY for a bonus DisMeet!! I didn't get pictures of mine last summer, and I was super sad.
I would have been super sad if Beth hadn't suggested a photo! My brain was just NOT IN IT for pics this trip, I tell ya! :sad2:

I almost licked my screen over the Mickey waffles. That's probably why I never give in and buy the Mickey waffle magnets...because I would try to eat them and chip a tooth.
I so totally relate to this! :laughing:

We were in WDW that period last year and the weather was great. You picked a nice time to go. :)
YAY! That's a great to know. I love Fall at Disney but do NOT want to repeat the rainy mess that was my September 2014 trip! :scared: How were crowds during that week for you?

Absolutely wonderful and entertaining trip report:worship: Just a wonderful read from beginning to end:flower3:
Thank you SO SO SO much! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed reading it! :goodvibes

Departure day is always the worst day. I'm so happy you had a wonderful time. Now it's time for me to hop back over to your PTR again.
See you on the PTR! Thanks for reading! :thumbsup2

I love everything about your AK day - especially the walk up to Yak and Yeti! But my very favorite thing just might be your picture from EE. Everything about that it just perfection. From the grandma in the back row to the terrified little girl in the front! :rotfl:
Hahaha, I didn't even notice grandma. That's awesome! :laughing:

Yay for more Epcot! Because is there ever too much Epcot? Dinner at Biergarten looks yummy! Sorry about the awkward seating. We were lucky to have 7 people and get our own table so big parties are good for something! :confused3
No such thing as too much Epcot, not ever! Nope! :D

I'm so glad that Mark and Debbie stayed around for Illuminations! And what an awesome CM!! :goodvibes
Yes, I was so happy they stayed, and that wonderful CM totally made it worth their while! ::yes::

Last day! :( But I know that yummy breakfast at Boma made the leaving just a little easier!
Boma noms makes EVERYTHING suck a little less! :goodvibes

Another great trip report Billie - thank you so much for sharing it with us. As a group I thought you had a nice balance of showing your aunt and uncle some good things, and being understanding when they needed to take things at their own pace.

200.gif
Awww, I appreciate that, Donna! I did try really hard to make sure they had a good trip. :-)

Been following along and thoroughly enjoyed your entire trip report! Both informative and funny- just what I like. I'll be subbing onto your next ptr!
That's so nice of you, thank you! I'm really happy you enjoyed it! :cutie: Looking forward to see you on the PTR!

That's right, I do remember her saying that now! I really gotta start taking better notes! (Or ANY notes, for that matter...) :sad2:

I was really bad at taking notes on this last trip as well. I usually keep a notebook/diary to record all my trip memories but this past trip I did some pretty skimpy notes on my phone. I need to do better when i go to Europe as these are my trip record for myself to reflect back on and not just for writing a report. :sad2:

I was really bad at taking notes on this last trip as well. I usually keep a notebook/diary to record all my trip memories but this past trip I did some pretty skimpy notes on my phone. I need to do better when i go to Europe as these are my trip record for myself to reflect back on and not just for writing a report. :sad2:
I'm really lousy about taking the time to write things down, even on my phone. I'm considering maybe using some sort of voice notes app on my next trip, so that I can just quickly speak any reminders for myself into it while I'm on my way to where ever. Maybe that will work better for me! :scratchin

You know another thing that makes your trip being over easier? You already have another one planned :woohoo:At least it always does for me! For all our trips since 2012 we've known when we're going back, so at least on our last day I had a return trip to look forward to. January was the 1st time in 4 years we left without having another trip in the works, and baby that was hard :(

I am already subbed to your pre-trip report.

I just used the little note app on my phone to jot down notes of each day when we had down time. So if we sat for a break I'd note what we had done up to that point, at lunch etc. It is making writing my report so much easier since I actually have notes on what happened and don't just have to rely on the pictures to guess what things are in order.

Another awesome TR Billie! I'm sad this is over but thank goodness you have an equally awesome PTR or I don't know what I would do with myself!

Oh Boma, you look wonderful and I will visit you someday!

So cool you had an impromptu DisMeet!

I'm glad your Aunt and Uncle had a good time, I know it was important to you to show them all the wonder that is Disney.

Thanks for keeping us entertained! All hail Princess No Pants!

giphy.gif

How were crowds during that week for you?
We had been to Disney that same week for two years in a row, but for some reason, F&W was really crowded last Oct. ML was crowded on non party nights, but wasn't too bad during the mornings on party days. We spent a lot of time in the main pool at the BC. ;)

So sad when the last day comes! Glad you guys had a great trip.
Great that you were able to get one last breakfast in the bubble before you had to leave.

Looking forward to the next report! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter