Go at almost 3 or just turned 3?

Mmmitrani

living an adventure with my very own Carl
Would you try to make a trip happen while you still don't have to pay for your child?

We just got back from a trip this month and I'm already planning our next one (because I have a problem/addiction :earsgirl:). Also, my DH wasn't able to go with us this time, so I'm dying to have a family vacation with our whole family! Plus, we like to have a potential trip planned with a price for saving and budgeting purposes. ANYWAY.

We just went in January, and it was so cold. It was nice the last day of our trip, but we were still in long sleeves that day. We've only been in November (unseasonably hot and humid for our trip), December (perfect weather), and January twice now (both times were extremely cold). My son requested that we go back when it is warmer next time so his feet don't turn blue in the pool:scared: Long story short - we would like to go back when it's not winter again. And would like to see something other than Christmas decorations just to change it up!

So we're looking at going next spring. My daughter will turn 3 at the end of March, so that means she will no longer be free! March is spring break crowds and it may still be cold? I'd rather go in later April or early May, but don't know if it would be better to go in early March with significant savings from not having to buy tickets or dining for my daughter. Is April/May that much better of a time of year to go than early March? Or are they basically the same?

TIA for the feedback!:)

March is awesome!

April/May will be hot. June hot. Okay, late August hot, but NO crowds, and I love that too! I mean, like, no crowds. Last August (last week of August), Soarin' was a walk on ALL DAY one day of our trip. And we have a GAS for for DD in a wheelchair (she just started using one at Disney, after a few years of walking and prior to that she would use a stroller a bit, but walked a few years). But we love late August (but you have to account for the rain every afternoon).

March can be a bit cool, but many days will be hot and so nice for swimming.

I've been maybe 10 times in March. It's been so nice, and Easter is late this year (April), which is the only time I see it crowded.

March you have Flower and Garden Festival, which is beautiful, at Epcot. I love it. Love love love it.

We went in early march of 2013. It wasn't crowded but I had only been in June/July before that trip. It was cold we had to wear hoodies and shorts and some days I even wore jeans. But that year it was record low temperatures for the first week of march. We go on spring break now 3rd or 4th week. It's crowed but not like June/July crowds. But I would suggest going before your daughter turns 3.

I've been a few times in mid-March and it was hot all those times. But you never know in Florida. I'd go in mid-March before she turns 3. :)

We went last march to beat the 3yo charge, but we had twins making it double the savings. I have no regrets. The weather last mid-March was 80 degrees every day, and the kids were fine in the splash zone and would have been happy with it being much more chilly. I think it is rolling the dice at that time of year, but odds are you will get at least one pool day. At the rate of your vacations, you might be back in the fall anyhow- it was also warm enough when we went last October :)

We were debating this very same thing, but our choices were between late August right before his big sister starts Kindergarten, or choosing our own time (which was first week in December for this round). We broke down exactly how much we'd save and it wasn't as much as we thought (ticket yes, but we're planning to do the two-trip AP with our 2017 & 2018 visits, so we'd still have to get him a ticket in 2018 anyway... and not very much on food since they're really only free at buffets or if they eat off your plate and he's a very big eater). So, we're headed back in early December with a 3 and 1/4 year old. :)

was interesting to hear about the extremely low crowds in late August though - perhaps with older kids we can squeeze it in right before school starts and give it a shot.

Being born and raised in FL I can only tell you one thing about the weather, it's so unpredictable. Whether is be will it rain, hurricane, be hot or cold (although hot will be more like it). You can look at the averages online to pick but then show up and it be totally different. March tends to be a nice time to go though.

I agree with other PPs. Early to mid-March should allow you to miss spring break crowds, enjoy warmer temps, and take advantage of potential savings. Hope you have a great trip!

If you want to maximize the possibility of warmer weather towards the end of March, check in the day before her 3rd bday. As long as you're staying on property and you check in before she turns 3, she's considered to be 2 for the entire length of your trip.

My vote is before she turns 3 to save the $$, especially if you're doing DDP or even just planning a lot of buffets, character meals etc.

I would squeeze it in before she turns 3. We planned it that way with our twins to avoid the extra cost. And March weather isn't bad. I'd go early in the month or even the end of February for lower crowds, but weather should be fine. We did end of February last year and were wearing pants and a hoodie but we weren't freezing or anything. Highs right now are in the high 70s to low 80s so it can be quite warm this time of year.

I would definitely go while she's free. Our 1st trip was March, way back in 2006 but I remember the weather being decent. It got a little chilly at night but the crowds weren't too bad (except for our last day, which was a Saturday). Have fun planning! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter