Gluten Free

incredigirl

Earning My Ears
Hey DISers!
I was wondering how good the gluten free options are around the parks? And, do they have gluten free options at water parks?
Thanks for all your help!
Incredigirl

I've eaten gluten free for two WDW trips, and had some really great food! Please note, I don't have celiac disease, but a gluten intolerance.

The DisAbilities area here at DIS has some great information. Also, contact Disney Special Diets and ask for their food list for CS locations (although I hear that list is a work-in-progress and is probably NOT current). When you go to any CS location, they should be able to let you look at the huge binder they maintain with the ingredients for all the items they have, so you can determine yourself if the GF buns will work for you, or if there are any ingredients that may not be completely GF.

When making ADRs for TS restaurant, mention that you are GF, and usually the chef will come out and speak with you before ordering to let you know which items are GF, or can be made GF. For example, I had some awesome GF fried chicken at 50's PTC, GF Mickey waffles at Tusker House, amazing GF chicken wings at Ohana, and a pretty darn good burger at Cosmic Rays with a GF bun and french fries from a dedicated fryer. Sorry, I haven't been to either of the water parks.

In addition to the previous poster, I've had some amazing gluten free pasta in Italy. One of the best meals of my most recent trip.

Teppon Edo isn't set up to do Gluten Free that easily. My entire meal was cooked before the others even got their vegetables and noodles, so that made for a strange dinner.

There are some CS, that don't have dedicated fryers, I always had to ask.

Also, if you are eating breakfast in the park and are ordering eggs, make sure you ask about the grills, there are some that do pancakes on the same grill as the eggs.

Takes a little longer to get your food, but I could always guarantee my food was hot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter