Gluten Free Options at WDW

kikimaka808

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

We are planning our first trip to Disney and are wanting to know how the restaurants are with Gluten Free options? Are there any places you guys can recommend for those of us that cannot eat gluten? Thanks!

The most important thing is to note it on your dining reservations. WDW is by far the easiest for people with food allergies. This site is very helpful http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/dining/gluten-free-at-walt-disney-world-parks/ and this one as well http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/theceliactraveler/a/Gluten-Free-Dining-At-Disney.htm

Email special diets and they can send a file with the specific GF items at each restaurant. My son is milk, soy and gluten free and has no problem eating well at WDW.

We'd like to put in a good word for Ragland Road in Downtown Disney. I think my husband might plan a vacation around their fish and chips.

We'd like to put in a good word for Ragland Road in Downtown Disney. I think my husband might plan a vacation around their fish and chips.

Seconded!! GF onion rings there are divine :cloud9:

Also, might I suggest Kona Cafe for their GF Mickey waffles, Port Orleans French Quarter food court for their GF beignets, 50s Prime Time for their GF fried chicken (stop by and warn them an hour or so in advance of your ressie time for this, they make it fresh!), and Cape May Cafe for having nearly an entire GF buffet at dinner time!

I agree with the above posts. My DH has Celiac Disease and Disney is just about the ONLY place we can vacation worry free. Everywhere is accommodating, even the buffets. He never goes hungry there. Some of his favorites are Flametree BBQ (AK QS), San Angel Inn, Ohana, Sunshine Seasons (QS), Sci Fi, Le Cellier, Any of the buffets (breakfast because he gets GF Mickey waffles), Fish and Chips at Rose and Crown, and even just a burger at Cosmic Rays. Be sure to note on your Res that you have an Allergy then AGAIN when you check into the counter at the restaurant. A manager will come and speak with you about what you want and can have. At QS locations you will be given a book with options. Many places have dedicated fryers so that foods are not cross contaminated. I think you will be seriously impressed with how easy it is.

Just agreeing with the others...my ds14 is GF and peanut/tree nut free.
He LOVES eating at Disney. He feels NORMAL.

One highlight was 50s Primetime...the rest of it thought it was ok, but ds was offered just about anything off the menu.
We also had good experiences at T-Rex and Raglan Rd.
Crystal Palace brought him a plate full of stuff that was safe.
Ohana has always gone over and above.

The only places I sometimes hear issues with are the non-Disney owned international restaurants in Epcot. Not as consistent. But some have very good experiences there.

You can find a lot of good GF info over on the DISabilities board here at the DIS.

There is also a snack kiosk, completely allergy friendly on Discovery Island at AK, called Garden Kiosk. All gluten free snacks, that are really good! Not sure about the other parks, good luck!

Disney World is my favorite place to vacation - always has been, but since being diagnosed with celiac, it's even better. When I order I don't ever have to explain what I can/can't have what can/can't touch my food. Nearly all food service staff I've encountered is well educated and more than accommodating! My first gf meal was at Kona for breakfast. The chef came out and asked me what I wanted, my answer, as usual is whatever you can make gf. He told me he could make everything gf, I cried right then and there. And ate the best Mickey waffles! At the buffets the chefs walk me through the line and tell me what I can/can't eat. If there's anything else I want they are happy to make a gf version. I've had amazing gf desserts, one of the biggest and best at Trails End (also to die for corn bread there). It's truly a no worry vacation - enjoy yourself and the gluten free goodness!!

Seconded!! GF onion rings there are divine :cloud9:

Also, might I suggest Kona Cafe for their GF Mickey waffles, Port Orleans French Quarter food court for their GF beignets, 50s Prime Time for their GF fried chicken (stop by and warn them an hour or so in advance of your ressie time for this, they make it fresh!), and Cape May Cafe for having nearly an entire GF buffet at dinner time!

First time I've heard about this.....

Can you get a pasta dish from the make your own pasta meal at POR?

I was told that just about every food court with a pasta station can do GF pasta (it's penne). The only problem I had was the first night because the manager didn't realize they were out, so she ordered pasta and they had it the next day.

The white sauce is not GF but the red sauce and pesto is. The sausage and meatballs are not GF but the chicken is just plain grilled chicken. (she did say that she would get any meat I wanted that they had if I didn't want chicken but I actually got just plain pasta/no meat).'

This was at Sports but I'm pretty sure it would be about the same at any FC.

My mom got GF mickey waffles at both 1900 PF and CMs she loves Disney mainly because she loved the food. I have heard the fried chicken at 50s PT is good and my mom had I think pot pie there?

The GF fried chicken at 50s PTC is delicious!! If you want it then you really need to stop in earlier in the day to let the chef know because it takes a long time to make and these days they seem to only make it when you've given prior notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter