Gluten Free Mobile Orders

123SA

DIS Veteran
For August 2021 trip --

My son needs to eat gluten free (celiac). I have a few questions

1. Should I place a separate mobile order for him? Or place the whole family's order together?

2. Will the tray of food have any indication that yes, they were careful about cross contamination? For example, when we pick up food at Red Robin, his food is in a separate bag, sealed closed with red allergy label. So at a counter service place, where food is typically unwrapped and sitting on trays -- should I expect his food to be in closed containers, or at least to not be sitting in a crowd of trays that are obviously not gluten free?

3. I've read that I should expect the specially prepared meals to take longer than regular mobile orders. I just want to manage my expectations. If I place an order for 12:00 pick up, I arrive at 11:50 and say I'm here...how long should I expect wait?

Thanks for your help.

Celiac here as well. While we haven't been to WDW in a few years, we were out at DL for a couple of days in both '18 and '19, we mobile ordered my stuff with everyone else's in the family. I remember ordering at Flo's V8, Alien Pizza Planet and Red Rose Taverne. I usually got a separate tray and didn't have issues, which is great, because when I accidentally have gluten my system reacts....let's say swiftly and decisively.

I would assume WDW has same protocols in place. We'll be there in August as well, enjoy!

I have celiac disease and was at WDW in late March. My daughter (not celiac) mobile ordered with me at Pinocchio Village Haus and our order came on 2 separate trays, mine with “allergy” markers. We also ate TS at the Plaza and our food came out at the same time but carried by 2 servers. Mine had “allergy” markers on each item. When we went in November 2020, we ate at Pecos Bills and mobile ordered together. Food came out on separate trays, again mine marked with “allergy”. Hope that helps!

Inside the parks will be an easier mobile order experience for a gluten allergy. Every QS I have ordered from has had the full allergy menu available on mobile order and yes, you can order it all together. I have never had my food come out on the same tray as the non-allergy meals. At the QS locations in the resort hotels, you will most likely need to order your meal in person as there are no allergy offerings via mobile order at this time.

I was just there in June, and am celiac as well. Every time we mobile ordered my food was brought out on a separate tray with clear allergy markers on it. Had absolutely zero issues the entire trip.

It did take longer for the allergy orders at QS places. If you have a group of hungry people and want to let some eat more quickly, it may make sense to do a different order for the allergy meal.

Thank you. I truly appreciate the replies. And reading reports from different people, different places, different dates really helps us feel more comfortable

Definitely recommend a single order, or the GF meal will probably come out later (5-10 minutes) than the others. The one exception we've had is Cosmic Ray's, where we ordered together and the GF tray came out much EARLIER than the others. We've always gotten the GF on a separate tray. We generally wait a little longer than non-allergy guests for our order, maybe 10-15 minutes, particularly for pizza. BTW if you're going to Epcot, Regal Eagle always does an above-average job coordinating timing, and once when we accidentally ordered an onion ring topping on a GF burger (there was a glitch on the mobile order page), the manager told us they automatically delete any items that are not compatible with the allergy.

Definitely recommend a single order, or the GF meal will probably come out later (5-10 minutes) than the others. The one exception we've had is Cosmic Ray's, where we ordered together and the GF tray came out much EARLIER than the others. We've always gotten the GF on a separate tray. We generally wait a little longer than non-allergy guests for our order, maybe 10-15 minutes, particularly for pizza. BTW if you're going to Epcot, Regal Eagle always does an above-average job coordinating timing, and once when we accidentally ordered an onion ring topping on a GF burger (there was a glitch on the mobile order page), the manager told us they automatically delete any items that are not compatible with the allergy.
I’m dying to try Regal Eagle!

Thanks OP for asking the question. I’m celiac going in August too, and was getting a little nervous. Everyone’s responses have helped! Thanks all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter