Gluten free meals

Just saw this video and CRT customized a meal - beyond beef and gluten free pasta; AND Erin McKenna's donuts - probably not gluten free at Disneyworld because of a different flour used vs New York location (historically the options were dismal); the special diets team's response was that they will forward my info and I can check when at MK.

Erin McKenna's whole thing is that they are gluten free vegan. It's ALL gluten free there, if there's CC in the flour it's from pre-factory, as Bob's uses a dedicated gluten free facility for their gluten free products - per the website "Products marked with a red GF logo are processed and packaged in our dedicated gluten free facility and batch tested in our quality control laboratory using an ELISA Gluten Assay test."

My DH is a newly diagnosed Celiac and we had a good experience at all the places we tried.

Ohana's for breakfast - They brought him a separate skillet with gluten free mickey waffles. He could not have the pineapple coconut bread, but they brought him a GF donut instead.

Sanaa for dinner - lots of good choices here. They even have a GF bread service but we didn't try it.

Toledo for dinner - Some entrees were off limits, but there were still good choices, and most of the sides were GF. We especially loved the brussel sprouts.

Captain Cooks quick service for dinner - limited choices but we tried the Thai coconut meatballs and they were good.

Whispering Canyon Cafe for breakfast/lunch - This is always a favorite of ours and there was plenty of food on his GF skillet. They even have GF cornbread.

One big reason we go to Disney is their gluten free options. However, just got back two days ago and was pretty disappointed this trip. Mama Melrose had very limited choices, and the food wasn’t good. San Angel Inn had two choices for entrees, we skipped it. No gluten free baked goods anywhere at parks or the Boardwalk where we stayed. Unable to confirm a lot of the liquor brands so most cocktails were out. Biggest disappointment was Raglan Road and Cookes had no gf breading, no fish and chips. Every place served the same boring brown dinner rolls, and Tusker House tried to serve them to me at breakfast and called two rolls and some jam a “selection of pastries” on the menu. I don’t think so. They scrounged up some cinnamon doughnuts when I complained. Best meal was Trattoria al Forno. Calamari was outstanding. Tony’s at MK had fabulous salmon and cheesy polenta. Of course Erin McKennas was really good, I bought a few days treats and took them back to the room. YMMV. good luck.
I found any type of dessert was non existent back in July too. Appetizer options were also pretty scant. I didn’t normally have trouble with the entree but we ate at different TS places. The QS all seemed to have the same options which got boring quickly. Can’t believe they tried to pass off rolls and jelly as “pastry”.

Brought my 18yo niece in December who was newly GF, her favorites were the GF pizza at Mama Melrose, Salmon at Prime Time and a surprise favorite was walk in at Spice Road Table. They were the most accommodating and we had such a good meal of various appetizers we went back another day.

I absolutely LOVE the fried chicken at Jungle Skipper's in Magic Kingdom. Even my daughter who has no food sensitivities/allergies orders it because it's so tasty! Also, some restaurants, including this one, have gluten-free options that are not on the menu, so I'm always ask.

I absolutely LOVE the fried chicken at Jungle Skipper's in Magic Kingdom. Even my daughter who has no food sensitivities/allergies orders it because it's so tasty! Also, some restaurants, including this one, have gluten-free options that are not on the menu, so I'm always ask.

Just adding my thumbs up for Skipper and the fried chicken! Also, a new shoutout to Raglan Road and their gluten free onion rings, all of us prefer them to the regulars!

Any feedback on the Swan and Dolphin restaurants? I'm taking my cousin on her first trip and she has a slew of allergies - dairy, egg, and gluten free.

Just adding my thumbs up for Skipper and the fried chicken! Also, a new shoutout to Raglan Road and their gluten free onion rings, all of us prefer them to the regulars!
I haven't tried those but miss onion rings so much! Thanks for the tip!

Any feedback on the Swan and Dolphin restaurants? I'm taking my cousin on her first trip and she has a slew of allergies - dairy, egg, and gluten free.
Our son (5) Is allergic to milk, eggs, cashews, kiwi and sesame seeds. We order groceries from garden grocers (they have fish sticks which don’t have milk/eggs and we bring a soft side beer cooler and fill it with ice).

https://gardengrocer.com/

DC2EEA04-BBEA-4C2F-9805-5E13D0FFCEEF.jpeg

Topolinos breakfast was the best. They had vegan eggs (just egg brand) and made a vegan waffle for him. There were cookies and chocolate chip muffins for him as well. Vegan butter was also available.

At CRT we submitted the special diets form in advance and he was able to eat pasta with grilled chicken and marinara sauce. They had ripple brand milk (original) to drink (we limit soy). You can add Erin McKenna treats special order (chef called a few days before and said they didn’t have any Erin McKenna treats on hand as an option vs the video below where it seems like chef gave them the treats) if you give an advance (at least a week) notice. He received allergy friendly cookies.

At the dessert party he received an allergy friendly plate but he didn’t eat much (too sweet). In the past we’ve had our waiter pack the vegan dessert at BOG to go which he loves and devours. Sometimes I get the vegan dessert instead of the super sweet trio at BoG as well. I requested Tofutti ice cream as it’s offered next door at the ice cream parlor, but they refused (they give raspberry sorbet as part of the kids allergy plate)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-we-talk-dessert-party.3855046/page-12

We also ordered a cake from Erin McKenna to be delivered to the resort. It was dense as expected (vanilla icing tasted better) but he was happy to have something made for him (posted pictures on cake chatter)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-v.3558085/page-194

We were accommodated everywhere and he didn’t react to anything. Steakhouse71 has Tofutti ice cream (currently vanilla, last year it was chocolate).

I forgot Storybook Dining. Our son had all 3 appetizers customized for his allergies, which was great!

Last edited:
Our son (5) Is allergic to milk, eggs, cashews, kiwi and sesame seeds. We order groceries from garden grocers (they have fish sticks which don’t have milk/eggs and we bring a soft side beer cooler and fill it with ice).

https://gardengrocer.com/

View attachment 668484

Topolinos breakfast was the best. They had vegan eggs (just egg brand) and made a vegan waffle for him. There were cookies and chocolate chip muffins for him as well. Vegan butter was also available.

At CRT we submitted the special diets form in advance and he was able to eat pasta with grilled chicken and marinara sauce. They had ripple brand milk (original) to drink (we limit soy). You can add Erin McKenna treats special order (chef called a few days before and said they didn’t have any Erin McKenna treats on hand as an option vs the video below where it seems like chef gave them the treats) if you give an advance (at least a week) notice. He received allergy friendly cookies.

At the dessert party he received an allergy friendly plate but he didn’t eat much (too sweet). In the past we’ve had our waiter pack the vegan dessert at BOG to go which he loves and devours. Sometimes I get the vegan dessert instead of the super sweet trio at BoG as well. I requested Tofutti ice cream as it’s offered next door at the ice cream parlor, but they refused (they give raspberry sorbet as part of the kids allergy plate)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-we-talk-dessert-party.3855046/page-12

We also ordered a cake from Erin McKenna to be delivered to the resort. It was dense as expected (vanilla icing tasted better) but he was happy to have something made for him (posted pictures on cake chatter)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-v.3558085/page-194

We were accommodated everywhere and he didn’t react to anything. Steakhouse71 has Tofutti ice cream (currently vanilla, last year it was chocolate).
but remember restaurants can not warm up outside food not just Disney but a federal rule

but remember restaurants can not warm up outside food not just Disney but a federal rule
Yes. I order groceries and fill him up with fish sticks and ripple milk (microwaved; we pack a glass cup/plate specifically for this) for breakfast. He had a 2 hour tantrum at Epcot where we almost left when we gave him something sweet (less than half of the frozen lemonade from the ice cream cart)

Last edited:
Were they gluten free and individually wrapped?
Maybe I was just excited because otherwise I hadn't had a dinner roll in months, but my son and I loved what we had - I think the brand was something like Bloomfield farms? It was a product that wasn't available to consumers but they made for Disney.
They were not wrapped, they were brought out on small plate two at a time, with an allergy pick.

Raglan Road in DS has(or had pre-Covid) GF onion rings and fish &chips that my son really liked,
This is hit or miss right now, they did not have it when I was there in March, they claimed supply chain issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter