GKTW Meet: WDW - Polynesian Resort Beach, December 8, 2011

DarthVader92

Theme Park Operations
So after the success of the polynesian meet in late august, I thought about planning something similar, but to see the amazing Wishes Fireworks Spectacular.

So, basically the meet is just a meet and mingle. Keeping in mind this is close to the holidays, so lets have our holiday mode on. So, come dressed in your holiday attire and keep in mind about the holidays a time of giving when deciding to donate to Give Kids the World.

So, for all the DISers visiting Disney for DISapalooza we will be meeting at the Polynesian Main Beach near the Volcano Pool and Hawaii Building. The meet will begin at 6:30pm, this gives us time to meet and mingle before Wishes starts at 8pm. This is suppose to be a terrific location, since Disney actually pipes the music in there. Please RSVP here or PM me. Just let me know who is coming.

You will be able to donate right to GKTW via the first giving link located below. You can also bring stuff that GKTW is asking for. Here is a link to their wish list http://www.gktw.org/help/wishlist.asp?m=help

Anyway, let me know if you are coming :) Looking forward to this!

FIRST GIVING PAGE. For those you cannot attend and want to attend and would like to give money right away.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/darthvader92/givekidstheworldpolymeet?

Attendees so far
ADP
evildiva
TSWJan78
HalloweenQueen
apurplebrat
MyMuse (possible)
AJRitz
Iggipolka

I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay, but I'll plan on stopping by to say hi! See you then! :)

Great idea! :thumbsup2

GKTW has a list of needed items on its website. There is a group of DISers volunteering there the very next day. If you can connect with one of them, I'm sure there would be a person to bring the donations over to save on postage.

I am going to GKTW on Friday to volunteer so I am happy to bring over any donations we get!

Val & I won't be able to make this one. We are having dinner that night at Teppan Edo to observe the anniversary of the day we met at WDW (Old Key West actually) in 1994.

Val & I won't be able to make this one. We are having dinner that night at Teppan Edo to observe the anniversary of the day we met at WDW (Old Key West actually) in 1994.
Congratulations Jeff & Val!

I'm planning on being there. I will also be driving to GKTW the following morning with some other DISers and can take items as well.

Ok I updates the first post to with attendees so far. I'm hoping to get a nice turnout. We need more DISers to get this event up and running.

If you are coming simply reply here or PM me and let me know who is coming.

The first post includes a first giving page which is designed for those who want to give but cannot make it. The first giving page will also be available at the meet for those who wish to give money.

Yay sounds cool. If anyone cannot make it the whole time, its ok. If you can be there for 5 mins thats ok. It'd be great if we can get a lot of people there at 8pm for wishes.

Truthfully, this is one of the best ways to see Wishes!

Oh i fly in during the morning on the 8th and was planning to check out the holiday lights at Ft Wilderness, so may haps..... *planning planning*

I really wish I could make it, but that's actually the day I'm volunteering at GKTW, and I don't finish up until 9pm. Have a great time!

Sayhello

I've RSVP'ed to the event elsewhere online, but I'll be there at least for a while. I LOVE Wishes from the Poly Beach!

Yay more attendees :) I have updated the page. I think it will be fun if everyone is in holiday mode so come decked out in your holiday attire and consider the upcoming holiday for Give Kids the World when donating.

Only a couple of days left until DAP and the meet!!!! Are you excited! Don't forget to let us know if your coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter