GKTW Fundraiser: Handmade Disney Caribbean Beach PrintTote Bag - NOW CLOSED

ninecrayons

DIS Veteran
I had posted previously about finding the fabric Disney uses to make the bedspreads in the Nemo rooms. My mom and I have worked to turn them into tote bags! We just finished making 10 of them!

We are now selling them via eBay charity auction with 100% of the money made going to GKTW.

Here is a link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130662960422#ht_500wt_1356

They measure about 12 inches high and the straps are about 12 inches long. They are about 14 inches wide. When measuring the width, we noted that the bags can fit three two-liter bottles of soda in them. However, I don't think they'd hold up to toting around that much, just FYI.

Here are some photos of the bags:

FinalFrontofBag.jpg

FinalBackofBag.jpg

StrapDetail.jpg

Since 100% of the profits are going to GKTW, if you are running a meet and want a tote for a raffle/silent auction or whatnot, PM me and we can work something out.

Mom and I are working on making a second, larger bag using Crush the turtle as the focal point. :)

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Sorry Cristen- I didn't realize you had these available already!
I just bought 2 of the Nemo bags and am interested in the Crush bag as well. How can I get that one?

Have you posted on the DIS Cruise boards?
Maybe one of our podcast team could mention these on the next recording day? :thumbsup2

I think they are adorable!

Sorry Cristen- I didn't realize you had these available already!
I just bought 2 of the Nemo bags and am interested in the Crush bag as well. How can I get that one?

Have you posted on the DIS Cruise boards?
Maybe one of our podcast team could mention these on the next recording day? :thumbsup2

I think they are adorable!

Hooray for my first sale! :cloud9:

I haven't posted on the cruise boards. I might do that an then in resorts. I bet the people in the CBR thread would be interested!

I'm going to put the Crush bags up for auction tonight!

Firstly, the Crush bags can be found in this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130665753537#ht_500wt_1156

They are slightly bigger than the Nemo bags, so I put those at $25.00.

Second, Amber - I looked and didn't see any other prints from Disney places. I was hoping to find some of the fun stuff they have at other resorts, but oh well. This place is apparently somewhere that gets a lot of remnants from the fabric mills. My mom bought fabric their to use as curtains and it is from the Radio City Hall collection. :confused3

Just want to say how proud and thankful I am - we've raised over $300 from this first round of bags! :lovestruc

The first round shipped via priority mail this morning and I will be taking a few more sets to the post office on Monday. My mom is working up a few other styles of bags as well, including more Crush bags and a larger Nemo bag. We tried making one of Dory, but it doesn't look as nice. If someone is particularly interested in that, let me know.

Thank you again for helping make this a success! Not only are we helping GKTW, my mom is super proud to be contributing to such an awesome cause. :grouphug:

First I want to say "Thank You", for what you are doing. My 8 year old nephew recently had his wish granted through Make A Wish and he stayed at GKTW, all I can say is what a great organization. My sister and her family cannot say enough about them. I would be interested in a nemo bag, if you could send me the info that would be great, will send you a private message with my info. Thanks Again for all you do. :)

I just go my Nemo bag!

:love::love::love::love:

It is an amazing thing you are doing. The pictures do not do the bags justice! I can't wait to show it off tonight when I take my kids to dance:cloud9:. The bag is just simply beautiful!!!!!

Thank you!
Maureen

I'm so glad that the people who have gotten their bags have been liking them! Awesome!

Just an update on this, I am about to put up another auction with five more Crush bags. I know those went very quickly before, so if you want a Crush bag shoot me a PM and I will send you a link to the auction.

We also have two larger Nemo bags still available. The auction for this is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130666853233#ht_509wt_1141. That Nemo bag measures about 14 X 16.

LargeNemp.jpg

Just a reminder of what the Crush bags look like:

crushbag.jpg

I got my Nemo tote last week and have been meaning to post...I LOVE it! And it is so awesome that it is for such a wonderfaul cause! Thanks so much for your generousity. If you love Nemo or CBR, this is a great tote. I can't wait to take it when we stay at CBR in September. :)

Thank you all so much for your purchases and your feedback! I am proud to report that we raised $430 for GKTW so far! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter