Giving Thanksgiving a Whirl (and a Hurl) in WDW *COMPLETE! 5/20*

I can hardly focus on anything other than my trip, and it's still 4 weeks away! If it was 2 days away I'd be a mess! I suppose we can forgive you! ;)

(I'll still be here when you get back.) :thumbsup2

After we said "Jambo" to our safari guide we decided to check out the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. We haven't done any of the trails in at least 2 years, possibly 3 (maybe......4?) Chris kept saying he doesn't remember ever doing them, but Ricky did. Nobody was in the mood for Kali even though it was warm-ish, and Chris won't ride Everest so when we do that Steve or I go with Ricky single rider and then we switch, so we didn't feel rushed to get to any other rides. We also had plans to come back on Thanksgiving and I had FP's lined up.
It was very pleasant on the trail and not crowded at all. We saw an Okapi which I happen to love; naked mole rats which are kind of.......ugly :snooty:, and then we saw these cutie-patooties

Adorable! There were tons of them, all running around doing whatever work they do. It honestly looked like they each had their own "job". This little guy in the picture was apparently standing guard. He was at the top of that rock while the rest of them were down below, and he moved his head around s-l-o-w-l-y looking in all directions. Then after about 10 minutes another guy goes running up, assumes the position, and picture meerkat ran down yonder and immediately joined in that action! Pretty cool, guys.
Our next stop were the fruit bats, who were a litter bigger than I remembered and ALOT bigger than the tiny suckers we have around here.

Sorry about the blurry pic. Seriously though, the bats we have here are really small. I could fit like 4 of them, wings spread, on my laptop. Not that I play around with bats or anything, but my cat Jackie likes to bring me dead things as tokens of his love for me, so occasionally I'll walk outside and find one laying in the driveway. Or even better, open the door to let Jackie in the house, and not notice in time that he has a (half-dead) bird or (thankfully dead) bat in his mouth.......those are the best days::yes::
Next we found some zebras, checked out a tarantula, and then made our way to the stars of the trail. Now, I'm not sure what this guy was trying to tell us......his opinion on being locked up? Was he just showing us his Disney side? Whatever the case he wasn't shy (was it even a he?? lmk if you think my picture makes it clear) about letting it all hang out, so I decided to snap a picture because animal butt or not, I still thought it was cute:

YOU LOOKIN' AT ME? ARE YOU, LOOKIN' AT - ME????? Well, then, here you go Animal Kingdom peeping Tom's!!!!

It was not almost 11 and we were ready for lunch. Ricky and Steve hadn't eaten any breakfast, and Chris and I can pretty much eat anytime. Despite all our visits, this being the boys' 11th trip to the World, we'd never eaten at Flame Tree BBQ. I'd heard great things about it, plus they're like the only QS place that takes the Tables In Wonderland card. We headed over there to check out the menu.

It wasn't quite 11 at this point and once we got there, I realized they start serving lunch at.......11! A few people were already on line so we joined them, grabbing menu from up by the registers. Steve decided on the pulled pork sandwich; Ricky and Chris both wanted the chicken and ribs combo and I was going with the smoked turkey breast sandwich. The combo's came with baked beans and jalapeno cornbread; Steve's I think just came with the beans and mine came with fruit. We also got an order of onion rings to share.
When they opened they did this cute little opening routine where the manager came out and asked all the register CM's if they were "ready". Then they did like this chant back and forth, clapped, and all of us on line clapped. I remembered it much better when we got home a month and a half ago! Steve and Ricky went to look for a seat and Chris waited with me to help carry the food. I went to get my $$ and TiW card, and realized when I switched purses back in the room I forgot to grab the stupid card!! Oh well, we still had plenty of chances to use it ahead of us :)

Since it was pretty nice out we chose to go sit behind the restaurant. With all the birds - small birds, big birds, flying birds and huge walking birds who come right up to you and just about sit on your lap to share your lunch. Unfortunately we weren't wowed by our food, but hey, one of the great things about Disney is that there's something for everyone's tastes. I just like the idea of trying everything once to say I have. The cornbread though was AMAZING. I love cornbread and having jalapeno's in it, which normally I don't like, gave this just enough spice with the sweetness to make it pop. Nobody else liked it so I ate both of the boys pieces. We were all just kind of picking at our lunch when a lovely winged creature flew over our table and dropped a bomb about 2 cm. from Steve's arm, onto the table but missing any food. SOOOOOO we packed it up and headed out! We were going to visit some more of my sweet little kitty friends on the Maharaja Jungle trek!

The pictures are great-and the dumbo bed pic is so cute!
Thank you and thanks for reading! I was crossing my fingers that one of the boys fit in the bed and found it comfortable. They can fit in the queen bed together fine, but they don't exactly go right to sleep lol! I'd seen pictures of the bed in the table position on here but hadn't seen it opened up - the Dumbo mural is such a cute touch!

And Chris would not be happy if he knew I posted that picture :ssst:

Last edited:
Yes, our first day was definitely one of our GOOD days ;) I believe you're right about CBR having a bed like that, how are your kids enjoying it? How are you all enjoying your trip, since you're in Disney RIGHT NOW :goodvibes ???

They love the bed. They keep arguing over who gets it tonight is the girls turn. Tomorrow is the you heard and then the last night I get to chose by who has behaved the best so far mwhahaha.

They love the trip. They adored EPCOT today it was the perfect start for them. They are going to be amazed by Magic Kingdom in 7 1/2 hours when we get there for our pre park breakfast.

Yay trails. They are on my list if my feet don't murder me before Friday.

We were all just kind of picking at our lunch when a lovely winged creature flew over our table and dropped a bomb about 2 cm. from Steve's arm, onto the table but missing any food. SOOOOOO we packed it up and headed out! We were going to visit some more of my sweet little kitty friends on the Maharaja Jungle trek!

Ewwwwwww! Yuck! I am not a fan of being surrounded by birds while we eat, and this would just do me in! I'm glad you were pretty much finished with your meal anyway. :eek:

Finished packing yet??? :cool1:

Ewwwwwww! Yuck! I am not a fan of being surrounded by birds while we eat, and this would just do me in! I'm glad you were pretty much finished with your meal anyway. :eek:

Finished packing yet??? :cool1:
Ricky has a slight bird phobia he caught from my sister, so he kept getting up and, in a cool 13-year-old-boy way, walking/running away from the table every time a bigger bird came close to us lol. There was one crane about 4.5 feet tall, and I'm not exaggerating when I say it was very near putting it's head in our laps!!!
Packing is almost done! Going grocery shopping later to stock up for the boys and my mom :thumbsup2

As I said earlier in the report, it's been a few years since we've done any of the trails, including Maharajah Jungle Trek. We enjoy watching the tigers at the Bronx Zoo so we were looking forward to seeing them here.
I remembered seeing them before, but couldn't picture what their area looked like. I love it- love the statue in the middle and we got some good views of their tigers:

We watched for quite awhile, and then Chris "allowed" Steve to snap this before we moved on. He's not that big on having his picture taken and usually gives me a hard time :)

I'm pretty sure I took this next picture on the Maharaja Trek and not Pangani, given the order of my photos, but I'm too lazy right now look it up and check :D There were a number of these birdhouses around in red and gold and I thought they were really cool:
That was it for our time on the trails. I'm really glad we did them and so were the boys. At this point though, they were ready to leave. This was their 11th trip to the World so they've done everything multiple times, and they weren't feeling any of the shows today which was a bummer because Steve and I like to see FOTLK every time we're there. We did check the wait time for EE single rider but it was all the way up to - wait for it! - 20 minutes, and Ricky didn't want to wait so we didn't. Steve and I would have tried talking them in to Lion King but it was 12:10 and a show had started at 12, so we headed out. But not before I picked up some leopard print ears I'd been wanting!
Right outside the entrance we were lucky enough to run into these cuddly creatures, and my baby boy took a pic with me:

Hi there Thumper and Miss Bunny!! When we started coming regularly back in 2006-2007, they had a regular meet in the park but have since gone away, like a lot of the more rare characters which stinks. It was nice to see them back; I don't really check the character schedules anymore since Ricky is too old for meets (usually) and Chris pretends to not be into them, so I don't know if they're always there but I hope they are! And as you can see by my long tan legs, I was a Rockette in my younger days...........;)
We came to the World right after Thanksgiving back in 2012 so this was our 2nd time seeing the awesome Christmas trees at each park. AK's was basically the same but still great:

The sky may look dark but there was to be no rain! We headed for the busses and ended up jumping on a Yacht Club bus since we'd just missed a BW one. We were planning on going to both YC and BC at some point to see their holiday decorations so we figured this would be the perfect time. We arrived at the YC 12:40.
UP NEXT: YC DECOR, A STROLL AROUND THE BW & THE IG ENTRANCE = QUICK ACCESS TO GREY GOOSE SLUSHIES!

I love the little fold down bed! When we'd briefly considered switching to the Poly after we got a Disney Visa deal, X really wanted to sleep on the tiny bed with the picture of Lilo and Stitch above it after it folded out. He says he wants to stay there on our next big summer trip (which is not for a couple years, since we're northeast coasting it next summer) so he can have that bed...considering he's already almost as tall as me at 12, he'll be way past me by then, and I'm not sure he'll fit!

My kids would have totally watched the cub eat the duck, too. So would I. You're right - Circle of Life! :simba:

I love seeing the holiday decorations and the tree up at Animal Kingdom. You're making me so excited for our December trip!!!!!!!!!!

And so jealous of Thumper and Miss Bunny. I do love me some meet and greets.

How special to see Thumper and Bunny! That is a super cute picture. :)
Thank you! I really wanted to meet Tarzan as we've never met him before and he's now back in AK, but his line was very long the first time we walked by and then he was on a break the second time. But Thumper and Ms. Bunny were a nice treat!

I love the little fold down bed! When we'd briefly considered switching to the Poly after we got a Disney Visa deal, X really wanted to sleep on the tiny bed with the picture of Lilo and Stitch above it after it folded out. He says he wants to stay there on our next big summer trip (which is not for a couple years, since we're northeast coasting it next summer) so he can have that bed...considering he's already almost as tall as me at 12, he'll be way past me by then, and I'm not sure he'll fit!

My kids would have totally watched the cub eat the duck, too. So would I. You're right - Circle of Life! :simba:

I love seeing the holiday decorations and the tree up at Animal Kingdom. You're making me so excited for our December trip!!!!!!!!!!

And so jealous of Thumper and Miss Bunny. I do love me some meet and greets.
I know how much you love M&G's! I do too, and I wish my kids still loved them as much as yours do :sad1: Technically Chris does, but tries to be cool in front of his big brother.....however later in the trip they both stepped up and did a M&G for me that I've been dying to do for awhile :goodvibes

I was looking forward to all the holiday decorations since we hadn't seen them since 2012, but I didn't realize how much I really love being there while they're all up until we arrived. It's SO festive and gets you in the mood, even pre-Thanksgiving! It's kind of a toss-up for me between Xmas time and the fall because MNSSHP is my absolute favorite thing to do down there :) But I'm so excited you get to go in Dec! I have lots more pics of the decorations coming up!

LOL it's weird when they're almost your height, isn't it? Ricky will be 14 in April and he's already 2 inches taller than me. But X still might fit!! Steve is 5'9" and he fit on the bed with his feet just hanging off. Don't know that he would have been comfortable sleeping there or not.......tell X to stop growing!!

Very exciting morning here, in a few hours Steve and I head out to the airport and by about 7:30 tonight (hopefully-fingers crossed for no delays!) we'll be checking in at AKV for the first time! Three nights there followed by 2 nights at the Poly, NO KIDS :woohoo: Ricky says he won't miss us, but he said that when we went last March without them and when we got home, he RAN down the driveway and gave me the longest, hardest hug he's ever given me lol. Chris on the other hand keeps telling me how hard he's going to cry when we leave. He did cry last year but stopped as soon as we dropped them at their friends house, which is where they're going today until my mom gets out of work. Did I feel guilty? Um......NO!! Disney trips without the kids are awesome, and then it makes the kids look forward to the next one even more! Plus they behave really well for a good week after we get back:thumbsup2

Tomorrow night we're going to Club Villain at HS which is the first night it's happening. It's exciting doing something new the first time it's happening but, they haven't had a chance to work out any "bugs" which, let's face it, sometimes occur in the special events Disney holds :rolleyes1 But I'm still excited because I love me some Villains and they aren't represented in the parks!

Thank you all for following along so far! I'll update as soon as we're back :) Enjoy the long weekend!

Very exciting morning here, in a few hours Steve and I head out to the airport and by about 7:30 tonight (hopefully-fingers crossed for no delays!) we'll be checking in at AKV for the first time! Three nights there followed by 2 nights at the Poly, NO KIDS :woohoo: Ricky says he won't miss us, but he said that when we went last March without them and when we got home, he RAN down the driveway and gave me the longest, hardest hug he's ever given me lol. Chris on the other hand keeps telling me how hard he's going to cry when we leave. He did cry last year but stopped as soon as we dropped them at their friends house, which is where they're going today until my mom gets out of work. Did I feel guilty? Um......NO!! Disney trips without the kids are awesome, and then it makes the kids look forward to the next one even more! Plus they behave really well for a good week after we get back:thumbsup2

Tomorrow night we're going to Club Villain at HS which is the first night it's happening. It's exciting doing something new the first time it's happening but, they haven't had a chance to work out any "bugs" which, let's face it, sometimes occur in the special events Disney holds :rolleyes1 But I'm still excited because I love me some Villains and they aren't represented in the parks!

Thank you all for following along so far! I'll update as soon as we're back :) Enjoy the long weekend!

Woohoo!! Have fun!! (but why am I telling you that? Of course you will!)

I hope AKL is as magical as I imagine it to be.

Very exciting about getting in on the first night of Club Villain!!

Safe travels!!

I just mentioned Club Gillian to my husband when he asked about villains. Then I told him the price and said, and this is why we aren't doing it even if we do have s babysitter for the minions.

I just mentioned Club Gillian to my husband when he asked about villains. Then I told him the price and said, and this is why we aren't doing it even if we do have s babysitter for the minions.
I don't blame your husband! It was SO worth it though, by far the best special event we've done down here :goodvibes I'm actually going to try doing a really quick mini TR on it when we get home Wednesday; hope you guys are still enjoying your trip!

I don't blame your husband! It was SO worth it though, by far the best special event we've done down here :goodvibes I'm actually going to try doing a really quick mini TR on it when we get home Wednesday; hope you guys are still enjoying your trip!

YES!! I was hoping you'd do a mini-TR and fill us in on your current trip!!

Hello everyone! Steve and I are back in NY after a wonderful 5 night trip "home" :goodvibes We had a great time, but let me tell you it was COLD! Hat and gloves cold! I'm going to do a mini-TR because we went to opening night of Club Villain and it was absolutely amazing, so feel free to follow along on that one, too! Hoping to start that later today. But for now, let's go back to a warmer day in November-

We left off at the Yacht Club having just come from Animal Kingdom. Our next destination was Epcot where we had FP's scheduled, including a long overdue meet with part of the Fab 5, but since I'd left our TiW card in the room and we had a dinner ADR at Epcot also a quick stop at our room was necessary. The convenience of being at an Epcot resort was definitely nice here! We weren't in a rush as it wasn't quite 1:00 and our first FP was at 3, so we went into the YC lobby to check out their holiday train display. It's not quite as impressive as the BC carousel which we visited later in the week, but still nice to see with some cute touches:

I tried waiting for those dudes to move but they weren't going anywhere! I figured they were either big train geeks or had nothing better to do.....

The back side where my friends were standing. Maybe they were just big Frozen fans?

One more shot. They had more of the Mickey's Village buildings including the Earful Tower (which they're taking out of HS, terrible). Notice the signs for the BC restaurant Beaches and Cream? There's one for Cape May Café in the previous picture and there was also one for Hurricane Hannah's, which is the pool bar at Storm Along Bay. I thought they were a cute touch.

The kids were anxious to get to Epcot and didn't feel like checking out the Beach Club décor, so we decided to do that another day and get moving. We ran to our room and I grabbed the TiW-and ditched my leopard ears, which I love but they're not the most comfortable things! Ricky and I decided to hoof it over to Epcot while Steve and Chris opted for the Friendship boat. The boats are relaxing but generally take longer than walking because they're either stopping at the other resorts or just because they're slower than your average walking pace. Anyway, we beat the boat :sail: scanned our bands and headed over the bridge by France to wait for Chris and Steve. They were only about 4 minutes behind us, so it wasn't long before Steve and I were downing our delicious drink of choice from WS:
If you aren't familiar with this and drink alcohol, you need to try this on your next trip. It's the Grey Goose Slush from a little booth in France, and its like a little bit of sunshine in a cup on a hot summers day. Or a warm November day. Or a cold January day, or basically any day because it is pure awesomeness. It also goes down really quick, like before you get out of France quick.......

Speaking of getting out of France, since the boys haven't quite hit Grey Goose slush age they like to have a blue raspberry icee type drink from Morocco whenever we have plastic martini glasses in hand. These are also from a little stand that serves desserts as well, and I believe there is a fancier name than icee but am too lazy to look it up right now.
This is what your child's tongue will look like when they're finished:

But they'll be happy!
We then went back to France because we are an unorganized, backtracking family in the parks, and I had noticed some neat looking holiday decorations I wanted to look at. Which I will hopefully post pictures of later; unfortunately I just got a call from the school and I need to go get Ricky as he's sick :sick: At least he waited until we got back from our trip!

Following along! I also have a son who has sarcasm coming out of his ears. I have NO IDEA where he got it from :rolleyes1 The vast majority of the time he's a total sweetheart though :lovestruc.

What a view from your room - WOWIE! :woohoo:

Last edited:
Following along! I also have a son who has sarcasm coming out of his ears. I have NO IDEA where he got it from :rolleyes1 The vast majority of the time he's a total sweetheart though :lovestruc.

What a view from your room - WOWIE! :woohoo:

Welcome :wave2: Glad you're here! Those sarcastic little guys are fun, aren't they? Chris is usually sweet too, but when he comes out with those zingers I have a hard time reprimanding him because I can't control my laughter!

We were SO happy with the view :cloud9: Too bad we were pretty much forced to give it up.......stay tuned!

Crisis averted! A little rest and Ricky was fine for basketball practice last night. Maybe my not-so-little baby just missed me while Steve and I were away and wanted some extra time with me :love:
We headed back to France so I could check out some big red things I'd spotted while waiting for my cup o' love before. Turns out they were lovely red ornaments with replicas of famous French landmarks inside, set up for the holidays. FYI, today was Nov. 21st, and while the Candlelight Processional and Holiday Storytellers don't start until the day after Thanksgiving, there are a number of decorations up prior to that in addition to the main Christmas tree like the one in AK. Most of the stages/sets for the storyteller in each country were set up already, although there are a couple countries that don't really have a stage or props.

Cool, huh? I just noticed angry girl in the corner lol. Here's another one, nicely centered for you:

There was a 3rd one and I think rather than a landmark it had a patisserie scene in it and was all done up with Christmas decorations. I also don't remember these from our 2012 November trip, but I was really digging them! They were very festive looking.
We still had some time to kill before our first FP in Future World and the boys wanted to do an Agent P mission, so they decided to try the one in Germany as they've never done that one. We've done Japan, Norway, and Mexico. I know lots of people think these are great, and I do think it's a good way to keep kids entertained while giving parents a chance to look around the various countries. I also however, think the missions are a bit.......time-consuming. And annoying. But alas Disney is NOT all about me regardless of what I think, so I do them occasionally for the sake of my boys who have put up with princess meals and meet and greets for their poor old mom :charac2:

The Germany one ended up having some neat effects, which I tried to get pictures of but they all came out way too dark. One that was especially cute was in an upper window of a "cottage" in the middle of all the shop buildings-I won't give away any more than that. You can see how hard my boys were concentrating on their mission

About 2 hours later our mission was accomplished - ok, maybe it was more like 20-30 minutes but it felt like 2 hours- it was finally time for our first FP which was Spaceship Earth. When we got off the boys noticed the interactive games in the unloading area and realized they'd never done them before; these test your reaction time, memory, and hand-eye coordination
I'm pretty sure in this picture Ricky is doing the memory one; it was like the game "Simon" where you have to remember different color patterns and hit the right colors in the right order after the game shows you the pattern.
They played around here until it was our FP time for one of Chris's favorites, Test Track. Steve and I always end up designing a car together because the boys like to work together on theirs, and we are fine with this since its basically the only time our boys ask to work on something together!
Our 3rd FP was for the Character Spot, and I was REALLY excited about this. As I mentioned earlier in the report, Ricky is no longer interested in doing character meets and Chris often says he's not so his brother doesn't tease him, so over our last few trips we've done fewer and fewer meets. Even the meets we have done for some reason haven't been Mickey, Goofy, etc., so the last pictures I have of the boys with any of the Fab 5 are from like 2012. I was determined to meet Mickey in a couple different outfits this trip and a few of his closest friends, too!

Well, if you have boys you know they like to eat. For mine, if they aren't playing basketball or video games, they're eating. Especially Ricky. So when we got off Test Track they both started asking for food. It was 5:12 and we had an ADR for 6:00, so I told them we'd eat right after Character Spot. Well, NOPE! No good. They needed to eat now, food not a snack, and were NOT in the mood to meet characters. I'll cut to the chase, no character meets that night for me. Kids 1, mom 0. I did tell them they had to do every other meet I asked them to for the rest of the trip, and they held up their end of the bargain :) So, we backtracked for like the 4th time over to WS to see if Restaurant Marrakesh would take us a little early. At some point I snapped this picture of the tree in front of the American Pavilion

The ornaments on it included fruits and lanterns with candles inside, a definite Victorian theme. On to our dinner!

We arrived at Marrakesh 15 minutes early for our ADR and they sat us right away. Steve and I had eaten dinner here when we came without the boys in March and enjoyed it quite a bit, which is why we decided to bring the boys this time. They also had mussels on the menu and Ricky LOVES him some mussels! Small spoiler alert: Ricky ordered mussels at 5 restaurants during this trip and declared the ones here the winner by a landslide.
The inside of the restaurant is all tile and gorgeous. Do I have any pictures? Of course not.......there is also a belly dancer and 2 men who play instruments during dinner. The men begin playing and after a few minutes the belly dancer comes out. She dances for awhile and then has children come up and teaches them to dance, very cute! Both times we were there we saw a mom or 2 get up, also. We tried to get Chris to go up but he preferred to watch the lovely lady from afar :cloud9:

I ordered a glass of their white Sangria. I'd had it in March and thought it was delicious. Steve had some plain old beer, the kids had soda. Ricky ordered the mussels appetizer and Steve and I got the Goat Cheese and Crisp Bread for Two, which we'd also had in March. I was afraid Ricky wouldn't like the broth the mussels came in because it had saffron in it and he's really not an adventurous eater at all, but as I said he (and Steve) loved them. Just an FYI, I don't do fish :snooty:

The Goat Cheese has balsamic drizzled over it. Could use some more bread because there's always cheese left after the bread is gone, but still excellent.

We all got shish kabobs - Ricky and I chicken and Chris & Steve beef. The chicken comes with a fruity couscous and olive salad; not a fan of the sweet couscous but I do love the olive salad since it has a lot of kalamata olives in it. Ricky would not have liked either and requested fries. I told him not to expect them to say yes because Marrakesh has been known as one of the WS restaurants to not always make accommodations, but they were absolutely fine with it.

The beef shish kebobs came with yellow rice rather thank the couscous and both guys liked it. Sorry I didn't take pictures! I did better on our more recent trip, although a lot of the pictures feature half-eaten food lol.

We decided to skip dessert. Nothing really screamed out to the kids and I was craving my favorite - SCHOOL BREAD!!!! OH, how I wish I had a picture for all you poor, unfortunate souls who've never been lucky enough to try this! It's not really a donut, kind of a pastry. It's harder than a donut so you can, as I do, use a knife to cut it. It's covered on top with toasted coconut and filled with a cardamom cream....heaven! Until I found out the cream had cardamom in it I would describe it as a Bavarian cream-like taste but not quite as sweet. So after settling up at dinner we headed toward Norway and Kringla Bakeri. Along the way the kids asked if we could take it back to our room because they were getting tired. WHAT?? It's our first night here and it's all of 6:45!! I had plans to watch Illuminations! Ugh, I'd even scheduled most of our mornings as NON RD mornings, even though Thanksgiving week is NOT the time to do this, because both boys have a huge aversion to waking up early now :mad: (I planned on teaching them a lesson with this plan btw. Problem is it ends up sucking for all of us!) And now they want to leave THIS early? Ok guys, but not before a walk through the Stave Church!

Apparently the church used to be filled with Viking memorabilia and lore, but unfortunately I never went in it then. Now it has a lot of "Frozen" stuff, but also some things native to Norway like traditional dress, some instruments, etc. Worth a walk through if you have a chance. Plus I've always liked the look of the Stave Church so was happy to spend a few minutes inside. Here's a distance shot of it from across the lagoon:

You can see the walls up where they're working on the Frozen M&G area.

Ricky wanted to get ice cream on the boardwalk so we got 3 school breads and headed toward the International Gateway. It was a nice night; a bit of a breeze and a few clouds but perfect for sitting on the BW eating our treats. We had gotten back about 7:45 and sat there people and Friendship boat watching until 8:30 when it unexpectedly started to drizzle.

Back in our room all was dry......for now. Once we started brushing teeth and otherwise using the sink I noticed some wet spots on the floor but kept my mouth shut because - Illuminations from our balcony, woo-hoo!!! We all went out to watch. And then at 10:00 I heard another boom and - Wishes from the corner of our balcony! Just as I thought! Wow, this room is gonna be totally awesome this week :thumbsup2 right?!

Finally we were pooped and ready for some sleep. Despite the possibility of not looking "cool" in front of his big brother, Chris had asked to have breakfast at Garden Grill so that's where we were headed in the morning. Not bright and early though, no sirrreeee!

**I really need to apologize again for these huge pictures, they're killing me! I still can't figure out how to shrink them. I'm lucky I can maneuver the Dis! Seriously, give me a typewriter, a vcr and Atari and I'm good :rotfl:

UP NEXT: GARDEN GRILL BREAKFAST AND WILL WE JUST HAVE TO NOT SHOWER?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter