Give opinions on best counter service

tsd1202

I Love Disney
I was just wondering what are your favorite counter services meals/restaurants and why??? I would love to see pictures if you have them too. Seems like so many of them are the same ole' thing so I was just wanting to plan something different. My personal fav is Earl Of Sandwich at DTD but I am interested in park restaurants.
Thanks!

I was just going to start this topic - I was wondering the same thing. We are going to do the quick service dining plan this time and need some good counter service ideas. I know we love Wolf Gang Puck Express at DTD

The ONLY CS place in a park that we've ever liked is Tangierine Cafe in Morocco at Epcot.:goodvibes

We loved Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT. Plenty of choices so everyone is happy, and many healthy options too. I liked the asian noodles station, but also had a couple of sandwiches. Fiance enjoyed the rotisserie chicken.

Flametree Barbecue at Animal Kingdom became another fave. The pulled pork sandwich was great!

I agree with both Tangerine at Epcot ---YUM!!! and Flame BBQ at AK.

We like Casey's (MK) for the baseball environment as well.

Pecos Bills at MK- Love their cheeseburgers as they always seem to taste better here then anywhere else.

Cosmic Rays at MK- Can't go wrong with the chicken/ribs combo with mashed potatoes and green beans

Those are my two favorites.

Here's my favorite in-park counterservice ...

Magic Kingdom:
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (Tomorrowland)

Epcot:
Yorkshire County Fish Shop (UK Pavilion)

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
Sunset Ranch Market - Rosie's All-American Cafe/Toluca Legs Turkey Co./Catalina Eddie's (Sunset Blvd.)

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island)

:wizard: Jennifer

MK - Cosmic Ray's
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons (great variety and desserts)
AK - Flame Tree BBQ (outside seating can be an issue depending on the weather)
DHS - never cared for CS there

I agree with all of the above. In the parks:

MK:
Cosmic Ray's has a good variety with burgers, barbecue, wraps, sandwiches
Peco's Bills has great burgers, taco salads, and condiment bar
Columbia Harbor House is the place for fried fish (I personally like the tuna sandwich ... which I discovered the day we did the KTTK tour)

EPCOT:
Sunshine Seasons is great for variety
Countries at EPCOT are really the best way to add variety to your counter service experience... I love the Yakitori house in Japan, the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco, the Lotus Blossom Cafe in China, the Cantina de San Angel in Mexico... I have eaten at all these and love them all. Then there's Kringla bakery (Norway) and Boulangerie Patisserie (France) for sandwiches and deeeeeeelicious desserts!

AK:
Flame Tree... love the smoked chicken. Yak and Yet CS has great Asian inspired meals. I had the shrimp and noodles last year... yummy!

Studios:
We always end up at ABC Commissary because it is the only indoor/air conditioned place with plenty of tables. Not really my favorite, but I always get overruled about trying something new. (Would love to hear opinions on the other CSs in the Studios.)

Best resort CS:
Port Orleans Riverside!

pixiedust:

Best Counter service in any and all the parks is Columbia Harbour House. Delicious fried fish, best clam chowder soup, awesome tuna sandwich, (I think it's has the best bread on that sandwich ever), and for dessert the apple turnover. I've heard that there is another sandwich that is amazing there as well, but have never tried it. I think it also has one of the best relaxing spots there as well. Go upstairs to eat and you'll find that it's always quiet and most times deserted. Sit next to the window and you can both people watch and see lots of sights.

The ONLY CS place in a park that we've ever liked is Tangierine Cafe in Morocco at Epcot.:goodvibes

OMG! That's just what I was going to post. Nice menu, high-quality food, and reasonable prices. We also like the Udon noodles at Japan, the veggie sandwich at Baclot Express, and the Lighthouse at Columbia Harbor House. I also just read that they added fried shrimp to the menu at CHH.

I think Sunshine Seasons is the best CS restaurant. They have a lot to choose from, the food is fresh, you can fill up your sods yourself so it is not watered down and the desserts are better than the other places.

Also, the Contempo Cafe is another really good one for the same reasons.

Our favorite in MK is El Peryta (open seasonally)

They have an add your own toppings bar for taco salad and tacos.

100_1606.jpg

Taco Salad

100_1607.jpg

Adult 2 Tacos

Our favorite Epcot restaurants are Yakatori House and Tangierine Cafe.

100_1682.jpg

Yakatori House- Shogun Platter

100_1688.jpg

Tangierine Cafe - Shwarma Platter

Sorry these are all I have pictures for in CS. But, we also like Yak and Yeti in AK and not really anything in DHS (sadly).

Hope this helps some. :)

The food at Tangierine Cafe is better than many of the table service restaurants.

We also love the Flame Tree Barbeque. The ribs are great and the outdoor dining pavilions are gorgeous with a view of the lake and Mt. Everest in the background.

My absolute fav is Tangeriene Cafe. The lamb and chicken shwarma are both really good.

I also like

Sunshine Seasons - great salads
Flame Tree BBQ
Pizzafari - decent pizza, very cute decor
Pinnochios Village Haus - they have 2 new menu items that are good & the pizza combo is a good standby
Backlot Express - only decent CS in DHS

I have to agree with a lot of the other posts... so many good choices! We tried Earl of Sandwich on this past trip and loved it I had the Caprice sandwich which was awesome!

For the parks these are my favs:
Epcot - French bistro they have delicious quiches, sandwiches on a croissant, a really good cheese plate & lots of awesome desserts.
MK - We love Casey's Corner for traditional "ballpark" fare & of course Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip snack during the day
AK - We have always loved Flame Tree Barbeque! But recently tried Yak & Yeti CS and loved it too. We had the honey chicken and fried rice and both were delicious.
DHS - Pizza Planet is a favorite but we usually do the sit down restaurants here like Sci Fi or 50s Prime Time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter