Girl Scout Troop Trip to WDW

andyw715

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have information about what type of discounts a girl scout troop can get when planning a trip to WDW.

They are planning on a fall 2018 trip. Most likely all the girls will be old enough by then to travel out of state. So 22 girls and at least 6 adults.

There was mention that discounted tickets/accommodations are available but it wasn't clear if these are discounts offered by WDW or if they are just subsidized by the local council.

Just looking for experiences other's have had.
Thanks.

I have taken my Girl Scout Troop to Disney on a 10 day trip. It was a long term savings goal and took the troop over 2 years to reach the goal.

There are no specific Girl Scout discounts per say. You will be able to purchase the YES ticket, which is a savings, and if you have enough rooms could qualify for a block room rate.

There was a thread some years ago in the "Family" section, also there are several FB groups dedicated to GS traveling to Disney

Bumping this up to see if we might get some more info. I found great rates for tickets if you do a girl scout program on the scout disney page (I just did a google search for girl scout disney and it came up). A friend took her troop and it was great for them. I'm wanting to go 2018.

I'm wondering if there are some room rates I don't know about yet.

My friend said you need at least 10 rooms. I don't know if we'll have that since we'll have some siblings to round out our 10 minimum.

Would love some tips from people who have done this before.

You may want to check with your council on minimums of adult to girl ratios. When we did trips I think we had to have an adult in each room, if you do 10 rooms that would be 10 adults.

Does anyone have information about what type of discounts a girl scout troop can get when planning a trip to WDW.

They are planning on a fall 2018 trip. Most likely all the girls will be old enough by then to travel out of state. So 22 girls and at least 6 adults.

There was mention that discounted tickets/accommodations are available but it wasn't clear if these are discounts offered by WDW or if they are just subsidized by the local council.

Just looking for experiences other's have had.
Thanks.

What is the age to travel out of state? We brought our girl scouts in 2nd grade out 2 states away.

What accommodations are you looking for? Boy Scouts camp at Fort Wilderness and there is an area for primitive camping.

What is the age to travel out of state? We brought our girl scouts in 2nd grade out 2 states away.

I think its a liability insurance thing. I know my oldest (10yo) went to a camp in SC (we are in NC) but my younger (8) couldn't.

There are many Safety Wise ratios to factor into a trip like this. Such as you must have your minimum of two un-related adults for your age level, plus your additional adults with each increase bracket of girls. The best way for sleeping accommodations is to have adjoining rooms. Two rooms will sleep 8, this will give you the two un-related adults plus 6 girls per set of adjoining rooms.

If you're driving, you need to factor in Safety Wise driving allowances, of maximum hours per driver per day, and maximum hours of road travel per day. This was a huge factor in on our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter